Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no right or wrong answer. Obviously Penrith want to keep him but in all likelihood he wont be in their top 17. I think its wrong to when people say "he doesnt want to be there". The club has treated him fine. Developed him from a young age and gave him his shot. The only reason he wouldnt want to be there is because he has been offered a starting spot and a shitload more money elsewhere. Its got nothing to do with the panthers treatment of him so I think if they made him stick to the last year of his contract he would be ok with that.

But on the flip side I heard Phil Gould on a podcast a few months ago talking about the systems the panthers set up. He said the most important thing was to develop the juniors into good people as well as good footballers. All of their juniors must do some sort of study to have a backup plan. When they asked him who the biggest success story out of the junior program was he said some guy who didnt even play first grade but has since succeeded outside of football.

So if their stance is to do whats best for the player then they let him go and develop his career elsewhere. But judging by their CEO's comments he doesnt share the same opinion as Gould
Our current CEO is an idiot. Gus has his moments in commentary but did good work and cares about players before anything else.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sluttos was an absolute dump and full of patrons with poor hygiene and low morals.

We would occasionally venture there after being kicked out of the Revesby Roundhouse.
The old pink palace
All those old moles from the landsdown caravan park frequented the joint

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sluttos was an absolute dump and full of patrons with poor hygiene and low morals.

We would occasionally venture there after being kicked out of the Revesby Roundhouse.
I tend not to discriminate against girls with low morals,
Lets just say it’s way down on my checklist.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to make Daryl Clark, the english hooker a priority signing next. I rate him better than Josh Hodgson.

And if we get the fox then this team is a finals contender. We might be short a strike edge back rower though which im hoping we can develop..........or angus chricton leaving the roosters :p
DC is a must.. a real 9 is a must

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Burton will be at Belmore the week before Christmas.

The fact that Baz and Hill have publicly stated we want him here, and we have left cap space for him, is an indication

The fact that Penrith have gone from a "definite no" to "OK we'll release him if our conditions are met" is another indication

Finally, the fact that we're negotiating for an early release (according to Assassin) means Burton wants to leave otherwise he (or his manger) would have told us he wants to stay at Penrith in 21 as I can't imagine we would be negotiating for an early release without his permission

Unless Penrith's demands are outrageous, he'll be here for his first week of preseason just before Christmas. Hopefully JAC is here too (on loan)
Burton can't be that dumb to want to stay at the riff for another year and earn 250k less. Letting Smith go to clear space makes sense now. Cmon Burton just party with Todd Carney and Pearce for the rest of the year and you'll be at the Dogs in no time. Don't forget the poodle.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The whole thing about 'if their terms are met' is just bullshit so all clubs think they are not weak and roll over. It actually gave me confidence hearing that as I now believe he is a genuine chance of being released.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't give up on release. Penrith will have less interest spending the year developing him as a centre, now they know he's going. They only wanted to try that to keep him.

They might be waiting for us to sweeten the transfer fee. We will pay it I reckon, Trent will want his halves pairing together asap

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hahahaha that’s the place mate. Old pink building. Not sure what’s there now
From memory, just the delapadated building. There is a servo next to it.

PS do you still get the window washers at the Mechano set? Fkn pricks make your windows dirtier lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From memory, just the delapadated building. There is a servo next to it.

PS do you still get the window washers at the Mechano set? Fkn pricks make your windows dirtier lol
That’s the one mate. Always massive brawls over taxis and who got the last pie from the servo haha. I haven’t driven through there for years but those blokes looked like they had crawled out of the sewer haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think It’s a balance between a number of factors but none less then what club do Penrith what to be perceived as? Extremely professional with high standards that can’t be compromised I.e you sign a contract then you honour it.. but also that club known to be a hard ass and always put their on field performances before anything else... the latter may upset player managers.. there is a lot to shift through before making any decision. I guess Penrith could always ask us to pull out of the race to sign Leniu if they give Burton up a year early. There is a lot they could ask us to do considering they hold all the chips.
The old pink palace
All those old moles from the landsdown caravan park frequented the joint
Sluttos? Pink Palace?

Why didn't I hear of these places when I was younger? Sounds EXACTLY where I could've picked up. Probably the only place if I'm being honest!

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sluttos? Pink Palace?

Why didn't I hear of these places when I was younger? Sounds EXACTLY where I could've picked up. Probably the only place if I'm being honest!
Haha I did pick up from there married the girl and now have 4 inbreds ( sorry dogs supporters ) We still get emotional when we drive past that spot.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The good old roundhouse isn’t that a Asian pokey room these days
Sluttos? Pink Palace?

picked up the pox !