Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit goes to the board, Hill Tbaz and possibly Laundy as we just aren't being linked to good players and missing out now we are actually making the signings. We are heading in the right direction for the first time in years its genuine progress.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So happy I could cry. Been a very long time since we’ve made moves like the ones we’ve made recently. We’ve always built around an awesome forward pack but we’re finally shifting and addressing areas needed to stay competitive in the modern game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matt Burton to join Bulldogs in 2022
The Bulldogs continue to add the right pieces to their squad for the future with the signing of talented Penrith half, Matt Burton, for three seasons with the 20 year-old arriving at Belmore in 2022.

Burton has been in much demand as one of the best young talents in the NRL and made a spectacular rise through the ranks in 2019, after starting in the Panthers Jersey Flegg squad before moving through the Canterbury Cup into an NRL debut against the Sharks.

Burton continued his development in 2020, making five NRL appearances for a Panthers side that made the Grand Final.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted to have added someone of Burton's ability and potential to the squad for 2022:

"Having someone of Matt's ability want to be part of what we are building here at Belmore is exciting for everyone involved at the club and all our Members and fans.

Matt is a great talent and someone that was highly sought after, so we are delighted that he has chosen to join our club and be part of what we believe to be a new beginning for the Bulldogs.

With a new coaching staff that is working extremely hard with our players this pre-season and the addition of several new faces we believe that Matt's signing for 2022 is another massive step forward for this club."

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus he'll get paid a shit ton more to play full-time in a position he wants to play
If I was Burton, I'd play the sentimental card with Ivan.

"Ivan, I know your teams success comes first, But please don't hold me back another year. You know I'm a 5/8th, let me go so I can develop my skills in FG, it's really important as a youngster coming through to not get held back. C'mon Ivan please, I promise I wont set up any tries against the Panthers in 2021" LOL

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he has a contract so maybe not
defo his last year talking shit in the media picking his halves partners and coaching the team
I should have said 21 will be his last year. I doubt he gets resigned, with Wareham Burton Flange and Jake all locked up

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
for years i have been screaming that we have had the worst attack in the comp and that we had to make signings in the spine... since 2013 in fact

and then in one go, we sign a 22 year old goal kicking halfback and a 20 year old five eighth with huge potential... throw in a 20 year old Averillo already with the club

can't wait to see how these players gel
The Spine is coming together nicely. Need a 9 now and watch us do some damage!