Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the scheme of things does it really matter if he gives us a answer tomorrow or in a months time? If it’s going to happen it will happen. He’s contracted to Penrith for 21 so it’s not like he will be in a rush. As fans we have no idea how the negotiations are playing out so there’s no point getting so worked up over it.
If he signs for 2021 then would prefer him now rather than later so he has a full preseason in our system.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the scheme of things does it really matter if he gives us a answer tomorrow or in a months time? If it’s going to happen it will happen. He’s contracted to Penrith for 21 so it’s not like he will be in a rush. As fans we have no idea how the negotiations are playing out so there’s no point getting so worked up over it.
Of course it matters, we need to know so if he is staying we can move onto players who want to come over and fit in asap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course it matters, we need to know so if he is staying we can move onto players who want to come over and fit in asap.
It’s out of the clubs hands if they are they worried about it they would have given him a deadline.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If thats the case that is stupid, if he is signed for 2022 so be it, but who really knows? they are taking the piss he either wants to come or not, and announce it asap,so i would definitely be making a deadline

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If thats the case that is stupid, if he is signed for 2022 so be it, but who really knows? they are taking the piss he either wants to come or not, and announce it asap,so i would definitely be making a deadline
That’s it who really knows. We have no idea what’s going so we just have to sit back and wait.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it was fantasy he wouldn't be weighing his options. The dogs have to be at least tempting to him. If that wasn't the case he would've been announced for Panthers by now.
He's got another 12 months on his contract he doesn't have to do anything.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha im just being a realist you dont get hurt that way.
You definitely don't want West Tigers and Manly situation it would make Panthers management weak especially as Burton only on a small contract.

So panthers could let him just sit in reserve grade with no real harm to them. I think the majority of supporters would support them enforcing a contract.

I know I sick of these footballer constantly having behaving like bitches, home sick, all you treated or not going to training.

Just to sign another contract. Look at the kid at St George his excuse is because of traveling to Wollongong from Greystanes. He wants to join Manly which would mean more time travelling.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a kid at manly called Luke metcalf 21 years of age, some good judges are saying is better than Luke Keary at the same age
Understand sharks ready to pounce, maybe we should enquire?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a kid at manly called Luke metcalf 21 years of age, some good judges are saying is better than Luke Keary at the same age
He that fast kid that lit up the nines?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it true that Harry Grant is Arthur Laundy's nephews, son?
No no...you can check it on social media...Harry G is Arthur's nephews sons cousins brother in laws 2nd wife's step brother. Easy to understand really.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he a 6 or 7? They also have Schuster who is a gun 6.

This is why we need to put a deadline on Burton. If he's not coming we need to go after someone else now like Metcalf or Schuster

I like how in the interview Baz mentioned he wanted the team, particularly the new recruits, to grow together, which sounds like he wants Burton, Flanno and B.Smith to form a combination for the next 10 years. I really like that plan. If it's not Burton, then it needs to be another 20 year old gun