Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

APUP

Waterboy
Reaction score
I care, because i dont want to see us in salary cap issues again.

5 years of issues has seen me age 20 years
the old saying that the bad teams pay more to attract quality free agents shouldn’t apply here. He’s still unproven in first grade, offer him a 3 year deal with the first crack at the 6 jersey and around 300-400k a season. Still good coin for a young bloke

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the old saying that the bad teams pay more to attract quality free agents shouldn’t apply here. He’s still unproven in first grade, offer him a 3 year deal with the first crack at the 6 jersey and around 300-400k a season. Still good coin for a young bloke
Agree

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The thing that is not often discussed is the quality of the sides Cam S has been lucky enough to play in.
He played in possibly the best club side from the last 15 years(yes they cheated via salary cap rorts), & a QLD side that is the best state side anyone has ever seen. He undoubtedly contributed to both teams (along with Aust team), however he was rarely in a weak side during his time playing or having to play on the back foot. I am not saying he wasn't great, as much as it pains me to say it, he was, however if he was doing the same for a lesser club side & NSW(rather than QLD) while QLD had the dominant side, his record might have been seriously different.
Heaps of what ifs & speculation....but he was blessed to be surrounded by a number of other brilliant players & role players during his time playing....
That's a fair point.

All his team mates could execute to the letter and there's not been one dud half, fullback or forward pack, or dud coach amongst them.

Other 9's have not had that advantage.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, so if Burton was to reject our 400k offer, you don't double it :D . 500k and he's here surely, but 400k should be enough...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where are the reports we've offered that? The only number we've seen is 400k. Looks like a mistake. I think they've misread the reports saying we've offered 800k for 2 years and instead thought that was 800k a year. (which is how they've gotten 1.6m).

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the reports we've offered that? The only number we've seen is 400k. Looks like a mistake. I think they've misread the reports saying we've offered 800k for 2 years and instead thought that was 800k a year. (which is how they've gotten 1.6m).
agree with this

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously it's a misprint or a misunderstanding. If we weren't willing to offer JAC $800K, the idea that we would offer Burton that much is ridiculous. I think he'll be worth that soon but not at this point

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must have read it wrong. Read 800k for 2 years being mentioned before. Must have thought thats our offer per season
800k a year is marquee price.
So unlike a journo to get the info wrong, exaggerate things or make our management looks like a bunch of desperate idiots.