Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still perplexed as to how it isn't a conflict of interest having Anasta on the show discussing player salaries when he is a player manager lol.

Anyway, they should not be able to discuss this on national TV. It's unfair to Burton, unfair to the bulldogs and unfair to other players and clubs. Who are they to set a range for Burtons salary? They have no idea.
No different to Gus being in the media in all honesty

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t be the next Thurston, he’ll be more a Fitler. Big, strong, good hands, great step, kicking 5/8. Ball runner. He’s not a 7. That’s ok though, you’d still pay someone in the Fitler mould top dollar as you’d still build a team around them ala Chooks early 2000’s
Fittler is not a bad comparison, I see a bit of Laurie Daley in him as well . He is probably a hybrid of the 2

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the like of taumalolo and Other forwards can get 1 mill a season. Guys like Burto and munster should be on 1.5

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't he only kick like 3 or 4 times in origin. I know one kick trouble the back 3, but other than that. To say his kicking was a game changer. He played well yes
It's not always what a player actually does that affects the opposition, it is what they know that he can do. A simple example, Qld marked up on Cleary in SOO 1 because he was really the only viable long range kicker, but Burton proved that he was just as worthwhile an option in SOO 2, so Qld had to mark up on 2 players. The common tactic being to rush the kicker from marker, but which way to go, left to Burton or right to Cleary? The fact that Burton's kicks were scary hard to catch and had lots of hang time for the chasers was a bonus that puts mental pressure on the back 3. Ad in that they don't know if the kick is coming from the left or the right, more positional pressure. Then they kicked on the 4th tackle just to put them in even more doubt.

That's game changing when added together.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Then the Dogs pay him that. Then Buzz says Bulldogs overpaid, and now are salary cap hamstrung. We can see what your game is Buzz.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Most people are forgetting that both Mahoney and Kikau contacted Burton to see if he is staying when Baz "walked".

Don't fall for this typical media bullshit that only said "It's believed"...
Also Burton should be our marquee man. Should be. Therefore it'll be easier for us to retain him via third party payments etc...

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's so funny about this post @The Innovator ? Is it so inconceivable that not everyone wants to sign with the allmighty Roosters and for once Uncle Nick won't get who or what he wants? It's not Supercoach where you just get whoever you want... It's hard for a Roosters fan to comprehend, I know..
Yes I totally get what you are saying, the Roosters may not be the same club that won consecutive premiership in 2018-19 but the attraction is still there. To be coached by Trent Robinson who I’ve always said is vastly overrated & they still have a rock star line up. Six players were in Origin camp.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I totally get what you are saying, the Roosters may not be the same club that won consecutive premiership in 2018-19 but the attraction is still there. To be coached by Trent Robinson who I’ve always said is vastly overrated & they still have a rock star line up. Six players were in Origin camp.
There’s also the fact that everyone that plays there gets medically retired from concussions cos of your genius coach’s tackle techniques

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus literally said on live TV that he advised Burton not to take the option and he will be looked after.
Don't let the truth get in the way of clicks...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See the bulldogs Instagram put up a video of Burtons bomb from origin and tagged the NFL in it. As if he hasn’t signed with us already and they’ll announce it after game 3.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
See the bulldogs Instagram put up a video of Burtons bomb from origin and tagged the NFL in it. As if he hasn’t signed with us already and they’ll announce it after game 3.
That's my gut feeling...said a few days ago I would not flinch a muscle if it's announced pre or post Origin III.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The attraction of playing for the Bulldogs is coming back also and we're finally showing signs of becoming a finals team again once we get Mahoney and Kikau. Burton made Origin playing for us despite us being bottom four all season. So it's not like we're killing his career.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever was dribbling about the fact he was only a centre needs to give them selves an uppercut. The kid will be the best 6 in the game in a couple of years and will demand 1mil a year easily. Dogs ain’t stupid and Gus knows RE signing him is priority. 850 a year for 2 years then a pay rise for the next 3 to 1mil. If there’s a kid that deserves it, it’ll be Burton. Mark my words he will go down as one of the best players to play in a dogs jersey

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1 mil a year. lol.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whoever was dribbling about the fact he was only a centre needs to give them selves an uppercut. The kid will be the best 6 in the game in a couple of years and will demand 1mil a year easily. Dogs ain’t stupid and Gus knows RE signing him is priority. 850 a year for 2 years then a pay rise for the next 3 to 1mil. If there’s a kid that deserves it, it’ll be Burton. Mark my words he will go down as one of the best players to play in a dogs jersey
at the season launch this year, Gus came out and said Burton could be the best signing the dogs have EVER made, so he know how good he is and his price tag that comes with this. He wont let him go