News Matt burton comments on future

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a goner. Nothing to do with Barrett. His heart has never been in this club. He looked depressed on that first photo the club took of him in our gear. Best we start to plan for a future without him. Not a bulldog.
And FlanaBum is a Bulldog???

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is going to be a superstar but needs time.
I feel sorry for him trying to carry the whole team, no other player creates anything in attack!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Theres no solid proof stating that Burton does not want to be here
"I'm still here". I've seen people going for prostate checks who were more enthusiastic than Burton was in that interview.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton is going to be a superstar but needs time.
I feel sorry for him trying to carry the whole team, no other player creates anything in attack!
Dufty creates more than Burton (6 try assists to Burton's 4) ....he just can't tackle. I only have one less TA than Burton and have played a handful less games. I like Burton as a player, even if I don't think he is keen on being here. But the suggestion he is single handedly running our attack is just not true.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He still showed more heart and courage turning up for that interview with the flu. Than you do out on the field at 100%
If that was the best he could do, he'd have been better off staying in bed, tbh. I had the flu on the weekend and ran for 85 metres.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If Elliott was doing your prostate check you'd be very enthusiastic.
I don't know about that.... but our forward pack didn't look very enthusiastic when he gave them a collective prostate check a few weeks ago.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty creates more than Burton (6 try assists to Burton's 4) ....he just can't tackle. I only have one less TA than Burton and have played a handful less games. I like Burton as a player, even if I don't think he is keen on being here. But the suggestion he is single handedly running our attack is just not true.
You think Flanno and Elliott are gun players....
Clearly you have some sort of mental disorder, I wish you all the best and hope you get the help you need.

Your opinion holds no weight here until you start talking some sense.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You think Flanno and Elliott are gun players....
Clearly you have some sort of mental disorder, I wish you all the best and hope you get the help you need.

Your opinion holds no weight here until you start talking some sense.
Lol those positions are no more far fetched than your opinion that Burton runs our whole attack. Stats show that is far from the case. Not surprised you had to resort to an ad hominem attack, when it comes to addressing my central point, you've got nothing.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol those positions are no more far fetched than your opinion that Burton runs our whole attack. Stats show that is far from the case. Not surprised you had to resort to an ad hominem attack, when it comes to addressing my central point, you've got nothing.
You just dont watch the games, yes the stats suggest what you say but Burton has broken the line and created line breaks but the pass has been dropped etc. Hopefully soon the passes start to stick more and our retard support players learn how to catch.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You just dont watch the games, yes the stats suggest what you say but Burton has broken the line and created line breaks but the pass has been dropped etc. Hopefully soon the passes start to stick more and our retard support players learn how to catch.
I do watch the games...sure, he threatens the line..... but not as regularly as you imply. According to fox stats he has three linebreaks for the year.... 1 less than Dufty and 2 less than JMK..... but sure, he "runs our whole attack". Cool story, Mrs Burton.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do watch the games...sure, he threatens the line..... but not as regularly as you imply. According to fox stats he has three linebreaks for the year.... 1 less than Dufty and 2 less than JMK..... but sure, he "runs our whole attack". Cool story, Mrs Burton.
Yes Im sure you do watch the games...

1654044507764.png

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as I said before the fact you think Flanno and Elliott are great players shows us you have no idea what you are watching....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes Im sure you do watch the games...

View attachment 52385
Another ad hominem. You've got nothing, Bucko. The reality is, Burton drifts in and out of games and while he clearly has a lot of potential, he ain't exactly playing like a superstar just yet.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think Penrith rated Luai the better 5/8. You need to remember Luai is 3 years older than Burton and came into first grade first. He was working well with Cleary as they played a lot of juniors together. Then when Burton came through the lower grades and was doing really well at 5/8 Penrith had no reason to replace Luai as it was working
It’s a fair enough point .

Would they let burton go if he showed superstar qualities , maybe like a Thurston or a Lockyer coming through the ranks ?

He was in their system for a few years and you can typically judge someone’s class right away , in any sport .

Thurston , which still kills me each time it comes up was blitzing players in reserve grade , he was an 18 years old kid playing against men and you could see he was something special . History shows we made the wrong decision in letting him go but there were other factors in play at that time

Burton is 22 , playing against other 20 somethings and like I said , I think he’s a good player but not that marquee type that we desperately need