MATCH THREAD | Preliminary Final | Bulldogs vs Panthers

Winning Margin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After byes panthers are 2-1. We need a fast start again. If we start hard again I don't think penrith will come at us like manly. They will lose their heads in a pressured situation. We will get home purely on experience, they will make nervy early mistakes, it's up to us to punish those mistakes!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Soward can be put off his game. Dont give him time to think

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we score 3 tries or more we will win

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Everyones final pre-game thoughts

So guys, everyone drop 1 comment on what your final thoughts are prior to this grandfinal qualifier, it will be nice to read post game haha

I think that our pack is going to be very dominant, i think hasler has learnt from our two losses to penrith this year in that, containing seggy at dummy half and rushing soward on the last will go a long way to win it.

If we lose, its going to be on the back of sowards kicks. The weather is meant to be raining in the morning to midday so.. its our advantage, wet ball, short passes, all in the middle.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers have a decent forward pack that are better than what a lot of people give them credit for, they have a back-line that easily matches ours. They play a very similar style to us too and also have an excellent record against us. Going to be very close indeed. Dogs 1-2

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nervous haha just hope we can get the job done, souths may have played their grand final against the roosters one may think

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Something that does worry me is that we usually fail to put pressure on the opposition 6th tackle kicker, well everyone besides Ennis. And if we give Soward time he has the kicking game to kill us.

Also i wouldn't mind seeing our team kick a few more field goals even if its not the last 10-15 minutes, For example if were 18 up a field goal in the 35-40 minute mark wouldn't hurt knowing how shit our 2nd halves are.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
*nodding*
shitting myself immensely, can't bear to watch us lose when we're so close, especially after 2012.
Every finals game I've been to, we've won.. except the 2012 GF.
We can definitely do it, but the way we've been playing this year makes me so nervous regarding our VERY random inconsistent slumps.
Factor in fatigue, makes me very very worried. Panthers will be fresh and firing.
We MUST focus, we MUST hit hard, and we MUST defend our hearts out. We need to nullify the spark of Segeyaro, nullify Soward, and run all over their forwards.
In saying so, I think Manly are a better team.. If we can get out to an early lead like we have in the past two, I don't see the Panthers fighting back like Manly did.
We, as supporters, need to get out there and rally behind our team. As Hodkinson said, we're really like an extra player when push comes to shove.
I type this, shaking, my breathing irregular, but behind my anxiousness I am quietly confident we can get the win. I know by full-time tomorrow I'll have no voice, and I'll be ecstatic... or, quiet in sadness.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When they had their bye in round 15 they lost their next match. Hopefully the week off has stopped their momentum and they will lose again.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Our wingers and centres need to be really on point in this game, Soward loves throwing the massive cut-out passes to his winger which can easily expose us.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had a look at the panthers forum to see how they be feeling. Man that's a small forum with little or no activity
Probably not much left from their centrelink payment to afford internet.

Im confident we will beat them. We were close on both occasions this year and some thing went against us. I don't think they will get the rub of the green a 3 rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.