MATCH THREAD | Preliminary Final | Bulldogs vs Panthers

Winning Margin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 years ago, Bulldogs beat Penrith to go on to the GF, face the Roosters and WIN! Could history be repeating itself? Bring on the weekend!!!

Preliminary Final
Bulldogs VS Panthers Saturday 27th September ANZ

You with us?
#proudtobeabulldog
What are your early thoughts on this match?

Official Bulldogs VS Panthers Line-Up

Last edited by a moderator:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Im less confident now then I was before the manly game. We need to have intensity for longer and keep moving the ball in attack.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this match be a 7:30 Match? BECAUSE I NEED TO WATCH MY MIGHTY SWANS GRAND FINAL ON SATURDAY AS-WELL

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have gotten Melbourne and Manly out of the way. Just one game left before the big one. Penrith are one of the few teams to have beated us on both occassions this season. Will be a very tough game.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't play better than tonight penrith will get us. Can't see anything but a tough close game for 80 minutes. I'm pumped already

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly are a finals battle harden team, Penrith are new to this and their luck is going to run out to be honest. Manly play faster and harder then Penrith so we need to focus on scoring more points as our defence should handle them.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can now see the reason no teams have won from the bottom 4 as the intensity we showed over last 2 weeks needs to be maintained and improved for the next 2 weeks.
Momentum is huge and we are playing pretty well so anything is possible.
Let's go dogs!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Dogs won from 6th in 95 we have been through this before lol

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our recovery is so important. If we tire againjst the Panthers they will prevail. A week of "freshen up" is essential.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can now see the reason no teams have won from the bottom 4 as the intensity we showed over last 2 weeks needs to be maintained and improved for the next 2 weeks.
Momentum is huge and we are playing pretty well so anything is possible.
Let's go dogs!
We have been a top4 team this year we just had shitty periods that cost us lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our recovery is so important. If we tire againjst the Panthers they will prevail. A week of "freshen up" is essential.
Whey, massages, Chinese herbs, accupancture and ice baths all week 24/7 lol

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be great to beat the Panthers on Saturday as it will be a nice 30th birthday present for me.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My early thoughts is that it is too early and im still celebrating our womanly win. Give it 24 hrs minimum lol.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly are a far more dangerous team than Penrith. Thats not to say Penrith can't beat us, but they won't be as relentless as Manly were in the second half.

We just can't get complacent, it seems like we did when we bombed those chances playing fancy football in the first half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Moses has to be in the team, we need some spark and another kicker if we are to lose a half. Cya Reni.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Penrith are strong all over the field, and will be fresh from the fortnight off. Soward will kick us around the park if we don't tighten up our intensity. We blew some opportunities tonight, and should never have been level at full time. Penrith won't be kind if we give them half a chance.

We must do something about our second half doldrums.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooo

I'm at a wedding as part of the wedding party on Saturday so won't know the result till well after the game.

We got shafted both Panthers games this year and should have won both if not for the refs.

I reckon Panthers may choke after a week off.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly are a far more dangerous team than Penrith. Thats not to say Penrith can't beat us, but they won't be as relentless as Manly were in the second half.

We just can't get complacent, it seems like we did when we bombed those chances playing fancy football in the first half.
Manly had key players out, if they play tonight we lose

Penrith have a week off and would be prepared well by Cleary. It gets tougher

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
DCE/Foran have a very different style to Sowie and Will Smith/Matt Moylan. Manly's halves are better game breakers and Penrith's are better at closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.