Mario Balotelli thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How can you have a "fling" with a hooker?

Mario Barwhatever is black and Italian. Which is worse?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
He said: “I decided to do a U-turn like I’d done there before and I saw this white car miles away in the distance.

“It was safe to make the turn and I indicated. I looked in the mirror and over my shoulder. I was half-way across when I saw this car on top of me and I remember thinking: ‘This is going to hurt’.

“From looking to see the car in the distance to it hitting me was easily less than five seconds.”
Danny Campbell, 18, said the Manchester City ace seemed to be speeding before he smashed into his motor.

And he said Balotelli, 21, did not bother to check if he was OK after he was pulled groggy and injured from his wrecked Vauxhall Corsa.

A TEENAGER whose car was hit by Mario Balotelli’s flash white Bentley last night said: “I thought I was going to die.”

Labourer Danny — who was treated in hospital for concussion and whiplash after Thursday’s crash — said: “If the impact had been closer to the driver’s door, it would have killed me.

“It spun my car around 360 degrees and I was in total shock.”

The smash happened after Man United fan Danny dropped his dad Sam off in Manchester city centre.

Danny — who has been driving for six months — believes his £1,700 car is a write-off after it suffered severe damage to the front offside. Balotelli’s £120,000 Bentley was also bashed up by the impact.

The Italian striker — whose career at City has been blighted by his off-the-field antics — stopped further up the road after the accident but did not get out of his car.

Danny, of Stalybridge, Greater Manchester, said: “Balotelli didn’t even come to see if I was all right.

“I am gutted by the whole thing. That car was my pride and joy.”

City fan Sam — who saw the crash — said: “I pulled Danny out of his car — his body was twisted and he was groggy.

“I was concerned and feared the worst because he wasn’t moving. I went and spoke to Balotelli. He had a brunette female passenger.

“He lowered the car window and I said, ‘You’ve hit my son’s car.’

“He should have got out and made sure that Danny was OK.

“He was there for an hour and didn’t come and check.”

Danny initially refused to go to hospital but was taken to Tameside General on Thursday night after he began feeling sick.

He said: “I was in shock at first and didn’t want to go in the ambulance. But when I got home I had a really bad headache, my neck and back was hurting and I had a lump on the side of my head.

“Damage to my car will mean my insurance will go up and I can’t afford it if he doesn’t accept responsibility.”

Greater Manchester Police said their inquiries were ongoing.

Manchester City were unavailable for comment last night.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take note, Dagotelli, that's how a white man scores a goal.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he may cop a 5 match ban for his wreckless challenge on Song, which went unpunished during the match, but does that stack ontop of his 1 game ban for his red?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So he may cop a 5 match ban for his wreckless challenge on Song, which went unpunished during the match, but does that stack ontop of his 1 game ban for his red?
I believe the EPL have it like this... 1 red card is an automatic 3 match ban... 2 red cards is an automatic 3 match ban + 1 match, 3 red cards is again an automatic 3 match ban + 2

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the EPL have it like this... 1 red card is an automatic 3 match ban... 2 red cards is an automatic 3 match ban + 1 match, 3 red cards is again an automatic 3 match ban + 2
He was suspended for a discretion earlier in the season for stamping on someones face if im not mistaken. He wasn't punished during the game and was then punished afterwards and received a 3 game suspesion. During the commentary I heard that he would face a 5 week suspension this time around if he was punished because it would be the second time this season. However he received two yellows which results in a 1 match ban so would that add ontop of the possible 5 week suspension he may cop?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mario Balotelli has received plenty of criticism for his antics, but at least he's not as boring as Gareth Barry...

Super Mario has given everyone a lot of easy headlines this season and much amusement. The odd behaviour on and off the pitch was always going to do that given football's default heinously bland, corporate-style character whitewash that demands players be role models for the nation's stupid little kids to slavishly copy instead of their parents providing them with some more suitable examples. Add to that the way the smallest 'indiscretion' is splashed over the press as though it was a war crime and you end up with a nation of super-dull, inhibited footballers.

There was always going to be a limit to how much of Balotelli's wackiness both the football media and the fans would stand. Inevitably, he was destined to cross the line from loveable clown into stupid, unprofessional negative influence and it would appear from the reaction to his performance against Arsenal that he's now crossed that line.

This would be a shame. We desperately need real characters in football and not men who spout obfuscations, corporate mantras and bland no-thinking-required idiocy. Our massive football media seems determined to give players and managers a chance to speak to us but in return we rarely hear anything of interest. We still get the same old same old dressed up as though it is new or pertinent comment. Players are trained to talk but say nothing, so much so that when Demba Ba admitted to loving 'syrup' in an interview earlier this year, it was happily received as a departure from the usual rubbish. That's how bland it's all become; a man liking strawberry syrup is actually interesting.

The important thing to remember is that eccentricity in public figures and sportsmen is always appreciated most in hindsight. John McEnroe was as close as tennis ever got to the punk rock aesthetic; at his peak a fierce, whining, spitting daredevil genius who was loathed by the majority of observers for his 'disgraceful' behaviour as he went around the world leaning into the faces of officials in blazers and giving them some serious attitude. Today Mac couldn't be looked upon with more affection as an echo of the days when players were men and not machines; an example of the kind of character we miss in today's sport. You could not have imagined this would be the case back in 1981.

In football we see the same trend. Past eccentrics now lauded for the colour and edge they brought to the game were extremely divisive in their own era. Brian Clough was hated by many observers as an over-opinionated, full-of-himself, loud-mouth. George Best was pilloried for his unprofessional behaviour when missing training in favour of being in bed with a glamour model. Now that just seems fantastic, but back then, not so much, certainly not to everyone. Eric Cantona was far from universally loved for his kung-fu instincts, nor for his Kubla Khan-like poetic pronouncements.

The past always confers a warmer glow onto controversial characters; they become lauded for being controversial, yet it doesn't seem to occur to the critics of the likes of Balotelli that you can't have crazies to look back on fondly if you hound them out of the game.

It seems unfair that we celebrate previous brilliant crazies and yet when someone contemporary is manifestly both interesting and eccentric, he gets an absolute savaging. It's a kind of hypocrisy which no-one is ever held to account for. You might argue that Mario has not yet been brilliant enough at football - and you might be right - but even so, this season would have been more dull if it were not for his presence.

If football was populated entirely with Gareth Barrys and James Milners we'd all die of boredom. Indeed, many of us have felt that we were not long for the world when listening to and watching both men. Manchester City fans might want to blame Mario for their failings but he is exactly the sort of player who will go down in City folklore. Of course this means he'll do some crazy sh*t, get sent off, have odd t-shirts on, and generally give off the air of man who knows that one flew over the cuckoo's nest. This is to be enjoyed, not decried. Football is meant to be fun; it might seem important but it really isn't. Those who bring the joy should be our heroes, not those who bring the dull.

Without the Mario's of the world, what are we left with - a milky world of milquetoast men and well-mentored media monkeys? No thanks. Give me the crazy dude any day.

John Nicholson

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he'll mature and become world class in time, you watch.

P

Paint.

lol, everything in the kennel working fine yet I open the balotelli thread and get a virus warning.

&&I dont think Balotelli deserved that suspension he got a while ago for stomping on Scott Parker's face, it looked accidental imo

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
lol, everything in the kennel working fine yet I open the balotelli thread and get a virus warning.

&&I dont think Balotelli deserved that suspension he got a while ago for stomping on Scott Parker's face, it looked accidental imo
I dont think it was accidental, he knew he was there and he obviously reacted to Parker

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reports say he may be facing a 9 match ban.

"Balotelli could receive suspensions of one match for his second yellow on Sunday, two more for it being his third red of the season, three more if he receives a retrospective red for the challenge on Song, and a further three for that taking him to four reds for the season."

Last edited by a moderator:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This dirty Sudanese looking cnt needs to check his ego. It's all fun and games now being a prima donna but what happens when clubs get fed up with him and want to sell him and no successful/smart team will touch him? He can then go to some desperate, peasant relegation zone team.

Managers like Wenger, Ferguson and Guardiola wouldn't touch him. Hell, even Mr. Conspiracy aka Morontheho said he wouldn't touch him. And look at some of the cock suckers he manages.

And that stamp on the face was on purpose. He's black.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cantona was alot worse at 21 I would post a vid but I'm on my phone and not at home lol,

Id give him a few years to mature somewhere else.

edit for vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hzr8bfz-8

balotelli against arse/all the **** he's done pales in comparison to cantona in the above vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli will not face disciplinary action over a studs-up challenge on Arsenal's Alex Song, the Football Association have confirmed.

The governing body say they cannot take retrospective action because the incident was seen by at least one of the four match officials in City's 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat at the Emirates Stadium.

The decision still leaves Balotelli facing a three-match suspension for his sending off for two unrelated bookings in the same game.

------------------------

lol what a joke. Derry's appeal turned down aswell. How he deserves a suspension is beyond me when Balotelli didn't get one.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mario Balotelli vows to end his wild ways after death of good friend Piermario Morosini

MARIO BALOTELLI has expressed his shock at the sudden death of Italian midfielder Piermario Morosini.

Livorno star Morosini, 25, — on loan from Udinese — collapsed during a Serie B match at Pescara and later died in hospital.

Manchester City striker Balotelli turned out alongside him when the pair played for Italy Under-21s in 2008 and 2009.

The City hitman said: "Piermario was a great man and a great friend. It’s a terrible event and makes you reflect on your own existence.

"It teaches you to appreciate life and to live it with care and dignity.

"I was upset and speechless when I heard of his death."

"I couldn’t believe it and thought it was a terrible joke. He was a great man, a really great man."

"He looked after his sister after his parents died, he really loved his sister."

"He would do anything for his sister."

Meanwhile, an inquiry into Morosini's death has found that the traffic police car had blocked the ambulance's way into the stadium with the polieman responsible for the delay of an ambulance reaching Morosini as he lay stricken on the pitch has been automatically suspended.

A window had to be broken so the car could be moved, while players and officials were frantically gesturing for the ambulance to get there.

Pescara’s mayor said a disciplinary sentence of a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of six months will be imposed on May 7 to the police officer.

Balotelli has vowed to end his wild ways and hopeful to remain with Man City next season despite a controversy on and off the pitch this season.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
MANCHESTER CITY striker Mario Balotelli reckons he is a genius.

The cocky Italian claims he possesses a “beautiful and wonderful” talent and says he is smarter than most people.

But the 21-year-old does admit there are parts of his game which need improving if he is to realise his dream of one day becoming the best player in the world.

Speaking to France Football, Balotelli said: “I think I am a genius, but not a rebel.

“I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone. I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

“The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

“There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing.”

The former Inter Milan hitman, who moved to City in 2010 for £20million, has his sights firmly fixed on winning the coveted Ballon d’Or – the top individual prize in football.

Balotelli, who is currently with the Italy squad ahead of Euro 2012, explained: “My dream is to become in time the strongest footballer. I know I am strong, but if I go on working I know I can become much stronger.

“The Ballon d’Or is the most important title after the World Cup and European Championship. It is an objective. I think I could be able to win it one day but I still have to work a lot.

“When I decide to score, I score. I know I am strong, but I believe it is not enough yet. I can kick fine, dribble very well, but I still have to improve.”

Balotelli’s future at City remains uncertain after he was involved in a string of controversial incidents last season.

Asked if he would stay at the Etihad, Balotelli said: “I don’t know. Personally I would like to stay at City, who I am fond of. Yes I would like to stay.”

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's that Italian modesty everyone loves.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Mario Balotelli intends to walk off the pitch if he is racially abused at Euro 2012 - and says he would kill anyone who threw a banana at him in the street.

The Manchester City and Italy striker was speaking amid fears of potential racism at the tournament in Ukraine and Poland.

In an interview with France Football, Balotelli said: "If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him. Racism is unacceptable to me, I cannot bear it.

"If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him. Racism is unacceptable."
Mario Balotelli
Quotes of the week
"I hope there will not be a problem at the Euros because if it does happen I would straight away leave the pitch and go home. We are in 2012, it can't happen."

The 21-year-old was regularly a target of racist abuse while playing in Italy.

Balotelli also said he believes he is a genius and smarter than most people.

"I think I am a genius, but not a rebel," he said. "I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone.

"I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

"The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

"There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing."

Status
Not open for further replies.