Mario Balotelli thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
forget what he does on the field... its more like the **** he says in the media like this one...

The Balotelli interview: 'City's attack is better than that of Real and Barcelona'

This is an edited extract of an interview with Mario Balotelli in the first issue of Extra Time, a new international football weekly pull-out in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

So how is life in Manchester?
I live right in the centre, in a modern building, with a splendid view. One day my brother Giovanni was in the street, he looked up and said to his girlfriend: 'How nice, Cami, look, they're doing fireworks in Manchester...' but it was me, shooting them off from the ninth floor.

Your neighbours must love that...
You must be joking, they adore me. When I score, they stick little congratulatory notes under my door. At Christmas, they presented me with bottles of wine. But I do not drink.

Did you get Christmas wishes from Jose Mourinho?
I sent them to him, but he didn't answer. He is the world's best coach, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect.

Silvio Berlusconi has said that Antonio Cassano is the best talent...
He's mistaken, or he doesn't know Balotelli.

Balotelli-Ibrahimovic-Cassano at Milan, ever thought about it?
It's still early. For this year and one more I'll stay at City, where I feel benissimo, extremely well. And then, think about this one: Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko. Is it not good enough? Can you see anything better than this in the world? Me neither, not even at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Do you get on with Mancini?
He's the most important coach I've ever had. Soon he'll be No 1 in the world. But already now, in terms of human qualities, he is 2km ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10km. He keeps saying to me: 'When I joined Sampdoria from Bologna I already felt I was the best of all. Then I realised how hard I had to work to improve.' I've got the message.

Who has been the biggest surprise for you at City?
Adam Johnson. I did not know him before. He has great technique.

Who is the funniest at City?
Yaya Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor. If I wear some strange shoes, they stick them onto the ceiling of the dressing room with sellotape.

Who has helped you the most?
Many of them, but Patrick Vieira and Aleksandar Kolarov most of all. At Christmas, they invited me to their houses, but in the end I managed to spend Christmas Day with my mother, who arrived that day after they had cancelled her flight because of the snow.

Is Tevez as nasty as they portray him in the English media?
What? Do me a favour... He's as good as they come.

Who is the strongest player in the Premier League?
Didier Drogba.

What about Rooney?
He's good, but not the best in Manchester.

Who is the strongest defender?
Nemanja Vidic.

Do the United fans insult you?
No, they stop me in the street and tell me: 'Mario, come to United.' Honestly. But I'm dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick.

Are English defences better than Italian ones?
The Italians, they are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score.

Have you experienced racist boos in England?
No, they only insult me as an opponent. It has happened to me in Liverpool. I was with some Italian friends, there was an argument with some Liverpool fans.

Do you get Italian friends coming to visit you in Manchester?
Yes, the other day they placed a live lobster in my car. God, did I jump.

How's your English?
Good. I watch movies in English with subtitles on, and learn the sentences. When Charlie talks to us, I understand him more than my journalist sister.

Who is Charlie?
He's an Indian from Kashmir who takes me around and helps me a lot. Then there's Curtis, another driver, who knows everybody in Manchester. At City, I've found a lot of extremely kind people. Also Sheikh Mansour, the owner. Mancini is lucky. He has an owner who speaks little, and only asks him: 'What do you need?'

What does Mancini say about your English?
He can't say anything. His English stinks. But it is improving.

Were you really sad and depressed?
Sometimes I just had no wish to do anything at all, I'd shut myself inside my flat.

Now it looks much better, at least judging from stories about you and Big Brother's Sophie Reade...
Rubbish. English football is as advanced in the stadia as it is backward in the press. Football and tits are mixed up in the tabloids. If a girl says, 'I am the girlfriend of that footballer', they all think it's true. Anything goes, and you cannot defend yourself.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
C.Ronaldo tells Balotelli to shutup and play

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has told Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli he should "speak less and play more".

Balotelli joined City from Inter Milan last summer and recently made headlines in the press by declaring Manchester United's Wayne Rooney was not the best player in Manchester.

When asked about the 20-year-old Italy international, former Manchester United star Ronaldo said to Gazzetta dello Sport: "He is a good player but he has to speak less and play more.

"In the Premier League, if he knows how to listen and wants to learn, he could become a great player. I hope he achieves that.

"However, today he puts many other things ahead of his career and this is not good."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
MARIO BALOTELLI has launched an incredible tirade in which he targets Jose Mourinho, Wayne Rooney, Manchester United and Premier League defenders.

In the most revealing interview yet the 20-year-old Manchester City striker pulled no punches as he blasted some of the biggest names in football - and revealed he will leave Eastlands after next season.

On Real Madrid boss Mourinho, his former coach at Inter, Balotelli said: "He is the best coach in the world but, as a man, he still has to learn manners.

"Roberto Mancini's the most important coach I've ever had. He'll soon become the No 1 in the world. But already, in terms of human qualities, he is two kilometres ahead of Mourinho. Wait, make that 10km."

Balotelli clearly has a high opinion of himself - and a considerably lower one of Rooney. He said: "He's good but he is not the best in Manchester."

Indeed, Balotelli even says that United fans would love to see him at Old Trafford.

He said: "They stop me in the street and tell me, 'Mario, come to United'. Honestly.

"But I'm dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick in the 4-0 win against Aston Villa."

A British tabloid revealed last month that Balotelli was so homesick he was looking for a way out. He confirmed: "Sometimes I just had no wish of doing anything at all. I'd shut myself inside my flat. Even Mancini's sons were trying to get me to come out."

Even from his flat, though, he can make plenty of noise. He said: "I live right in the centre of Manchester, in a modern building, with a splendid view.

"One day my brother Giovanni was in the street, looked up and said to his girlfriend, 'How nice, they're doing fireworks in Manchester'. It was me, shooting them off from the ninth floor."

Can't have pleased the neighbours...

"You must be joking, they adore me. When I score they stick little congratulatory notes to my door. At Christmas they presented me with bottles of wine. But I do not drink."

Balotelli has had a troubled time with injuries since signing a five-year contract when he joined City for £24million.

He has also had a training-ground bust-up with left-back Jerome Boateng.

But he claims the prospect of playing in the best strikeforce in the world will keep him at the club for another season.

He said: "It's still early. For this year and one more I'll stay at City. Think about this one: Balotelli-Carlos Tevez-Edin Dzeko. Is it not good enough?

"Can you see anything better than this now in the world? Me neither, not even at Barcelona or Real."

While Balotelli did not get on with Mourinho, he claims it was the Special One's successor Rafael Benitez who forced him out of the San Siro.

He said: "Benitez just told me, 'You come after Milito, Eto'o and Pandev, fourth-choice striker'. I said, 'That's it, ciao'."

Balotelli is trying hard to learn English and says that Mancini cannot criticise him for his efforts on that front.

Balotelli said: "He must say nothing. His English stinks. But is improving.

"Mancini is lucky. In Sheikh Mansour he has an owner who speaks little, and only asks, 'What do you need?' "

Balotelli comes over as sullen but admits certain City stars do make him laugh. He revealed: "If I wear strange shoes, Yaya Toure and Manu Adebayor stick them on to the ceiling of the dressing room with Sellotape."

His Italian friends also like to organise pranks. He said: "The other day they placed a live lobster in my car. God, did I jump!"

Balotelli also has some home truths for those who think the Premier League features the best football in the world.

He added: "The Italians are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score."

Some people claim there are not enough characters in the game. It would appear Balotelli is doing everything to buck that trend.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
[video=youtube;erI5dG3_R5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erI5dG3_R5E[/video]

:roflol:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't know who Jack Wilshere was....

Malla

Reaction score
I love this guy

there is talks thought mancini wants him gone, and replaced by ibrahimovic

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i hate balotelli......... he thinks hes gods gift to earth.......the mundine of the premier league

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mario Balotelli Told To Grow Up By Italy Football Federation
Mario Balotelli has been advised by the Italy setup to become more mature before he regains his place in the national team, although they weren't quite as severe as they could have been following a bizarre incident which saw the 20 year-old striker throw darts from his window at members of the Manchester City youth side, apparently out of sheer boredom. Italy Football Federation president Giancarlo Abete slammed Balotelli for his behaviour, which came just a week after he had been sent off for serious foul play in City's 1-0 home win over Dynamo Kiev.

Balotelli still has some problems and lacks continuity. He needs to mature and that has to be a personal choice. We hope he grows and that the focus is placed on his technical ability.

Manchester City are still apparently investigating the incident, although since nobody was hurt they're treating the dart-throwing as a prank rather than as something more serious. Roberto Mancini is in a difficult position here - he needs to turn Balotelli into someone less volatile and prone to acts of violent idiocy, but he also needs to take care not to alienate the young forward permanently.

It's a dilemma many coaches would prefer not to have at all, one would suspect.
LOL'ed my head off.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
if it were upto me id **** him off straight away...

but :roflol: at him throwing darts at the ManCini youth side because he was bored

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Why Always Me?" LOooooollllll!!!!!!

He's a freak of a player and united couldn't handle him simple as that!!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apologies to Mesk who always maintained that he was brilliant.

I don;t take back any of what I said as he was out of control and not putting in at all on the pitch. But he's matured recently, works hard, gets involved and has had the right attitude to be patient when missing out for the first month or so after the debacle in the U.S. His form has been sublime and his skills are becoming more and more evident game by game.

Most importantly for me, he's becoming more unselfish, laying the ball off, making runs off the ball, not having tantrums and not shooting from 40 yards out whenever he touches it like he used to. He's playing smarter and is a better teammate and that's why he's a better player.

It's amazing how far the right attitude and hard work can take you in such a short space of time.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has more natural ability and potential than ronaldo at that age imo, if he had ronaldos mentality/attitude he could be world class already.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has more natural ability and potential than ronaldo at that age imo, if he had ronaldos mentality/attitude he could be world class already.
But as much as I hate Ronaldo, he has an amazing work ethic and desire to be the best and do whatever it takes to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.