Gilded
Reaction score
Racism, no. Murder, yes.

A. O. A. O.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Liverpool legend begs Mario not to walk off

MARIO BALOTELLI could walk off the pitch if he suffers racism during Euro 2012 — but Liverpool legend John Barnes is begging him not to do this.

Speaking to TALKsports last night, John Barnes was asked on how he feels about Mario Balotelli walking off if he is being racially abused, Barnes replied claiming that the racists will have won and the many people who have fought against racism around the world have died in vain.

"It’s not nice being abused from the terraces. I have suffered it in the past," said Barnes.

"The likes of Cyrille Regis, Garth Crooks, Ian Wright, Laurie Cunningham and Viv Anderson suffered even worse before me."

"If Italian star Balotelli suffers abuse in Ukraine or Poland, I want him to do one thing."

"I want him to score goals. Lots of them. I want those racists to burn inside as a black man does well against their country."

Barnes also claims the lead up to the Euro 2012 is being head lined by racism saddens him and is blaming UEFA for not thinking through this thoroughly.

"It appears that racism could be a major issue at Euro 2012 and this really saddens me."

"UEFA should have thought about this in the first place before handing the two countries Europe’s international tournament."

"I’ve been reading stuff about how the countries are ready for OUR fans."

"But what about Poland and Ukraine being ready for THEIR supporters."

"UEFA are partly to blame because over the years, they have not dealt with racism in a proper way."

"When there has been monkey chants from fans during Champions League or Europa League games, the home clubs have been hit with ridiculous £2,000 fines — obviously nowhere near enough."

"The sums involved were not enough to ensure that clubs — and certain countries — took racism seriously."

Barnes concludes that he will back Balotelli to perform and believes other black players should stand up and perform and to ignore the racist abuse they cop in the stands.

"Balotelli, along with all the black players among the nations, will now be aware they may be victims of some nasty stuff over these next few weeks. But I hope all the stars like Manchester City’s striker will grit their teeth and continue."

"Otherwise, if Balotelli walks off the pitch or goes mad at a fan, then he will be seen as an angry black man. I want Balotelli to be bigger than that."

"I totally understand and respect the decisions of both Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s families not to go to watch England at the tournament."

"I certainly don’t blame them."

"But I am delighted that Danny Welbeck’s loved ones are still going out to Ukraine to watch their boy feature in a major tournament for the first time."

"Because if people didn’t confront racism in the 1960s in Britain, we would not be where we are today. The situation would be far worse."

"Had any of my boys been picked for England, I would have definitely gone."

"Likewise, if I had been asked to work out there, I would have confronted everything — because that is what you have to do."

"You never, ever run away from a racist."

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mario: I'm more man than Peter Pan

Mario Balotelli claimed he is "more of a man than Peter Pan" ahead of Italy's Euro 2012 quarter-final clash with England on Sunday.

The controversial Manchester City forward is in contention to start against England after coming off the bench to score against the Republic of Ireland on Monday.

There was no shock on Saturday when Balotelli stressed his determination to get the better of team-mates Joe Hart, James Milner and Joleon Lescott in the Kiev meeting at the Olympic Stadium.

But some of the answers when bombarded by questions from the Italian media were off the wall and led to bouts of laughter.

Balotelli was asked to discuss the claims of his agent that he is the Peter Pan of Italian football, which came in the wake of team-mate Daniele de Rossi admitting he thought Balotelli was growing up.

He said: "These are two metaphors for Mario the person not Mario the footballer.

"I think I'm a man but I don't think I need to say it. Mino said I'm Peter Pan because he wants to make people laugh.

"But I could be Peter Pan because I do things my own way and I'm a bit free.

"I could be Peter Pan but I think I'm more of a man than Peter Pan."

Balotelli was also asked if he was going to demonstrate to England if there was "a stupid Balotelli or a super Balotelli" after showing his prowess with the late goal against the Irish.

He added: "I don't think Mario the person needs to demonstrate this to anyone because those who know me know exactly what I'm like.

"It was an important goal I scored against Ireland because I hadn't got on the scoresheet in the past two games.

"You said I was having a problem putting the ball in the net but I didn't have any psychological problems. There is no mental block there at all."

Balotelli also insists he has no issue with his team-mates despite becoming frustrated at failing to score before his hooked volley against Ireland.

He said: "The national side has always meant a lot to me since when I was a kid. That is normal.

"In the first few games I was very emotional because it was my first European Championships so that is normal.

"I was bit worked up because I hadn't scored a goal.I wasn't angry, I didn't have problems with the squad.

"I'm fine. The only thing was that I didn't score a goal."

Balotelli is also determined to get the better of his City team-mates Milner, Hart and Lescott in tomorrow evening's encounter.

He said: "I hope it will be a good match and it will be fun playing against my Manchester City team-mates.

"They know me and I know them. I just hope it is going to be fun but I want to win even if they are my team-mates and put in a good performance and I hope they will lose.

"All the players at Manchester City in the England side are my friends, Milner, Hart, Lescott.

"I hope we win the game and I mean it with all my heart and soul."

Italian midfield Thiago Motta is available to face England after recovering from a muscle injury and being able to train.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mario chillaxing while others train

The guy is massively ripped, why wouldn't he be chilaxing while the others train. How do I know that? after he ripped off his shirt for that amazing goal he scored against the arrogant Germans. Suck it Germany!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad you told us how you know Dagotelli is "massively ripped", simmmmmmmo. You killed my raging curiosity. He sure showed those arrogant Spaniards.... Oh.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It’s Super Mario 3

Balotelli scores hat-trick with his white Bentley GT

SOCCER star Mario Balotelli scores a hat-trick — as a friend helps him squeeze three glamorous girls into his car.

The Manchester City striker — in a hoodie and puffing a cigarette — met the girls in a restaurant, then whisked them to a bar and on to a club in his white Bentley GT.

Balotelli, 22, had even more women on his arm by the time he left Manchester’s Sakura nightspot at 2.20am with pals.

He had to order a chauffeur-driven van to help transport them back towards his pad in Alderley Edge.

Balotelli split from girlfriend Raffaella Fico, 24 — who says she is having his baby — in April.

A Twitter account claiming to be Balotelli’s gained 8,500 followers in three hours yesterday but was later exposed as fake.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently posted by Mario Balotelli. No further comment necessary.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Recently posted by Mario Balotelli. No further comment necessary.

Is that worse than Ronaldo having a photo of himself on his shinguards?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
we should bring Mario down for a guest stint. The headlines he will create will be amazing aha

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Liverpool forward Mario Balotelli has further clothing struggles - this time with his shorts!
⊙ Mario Balotelli had problems with his shorts in training at Melwood
⊙ Liverpool forward missed Italy's win over Norway
⊙ Brendan Rodgers' side face Aston Villa in Premier League this What's Mario Balotelli up to now? Liverpool’s £16million striker was sporting an odd new look at training.

Whether the 24-year-old carried on training like this was unclear but it had echoes of when he struggled to put on a bib during his time with Manchester City.

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre revealed yesterday the club sold huge numbers of Balotelli shirts on the day the Italian moved to Anfield from AC Milan last month.**

Ayre said: ‘Having the right people allows the club to maximise signings like Balotelli,

leading to £50,000 worth of shirt sales.’*

Liverpool face Aston Villa this weekend, who, after an*impressive*start to the season, currently sit a point ahead of Brendan Rodgers' side in the table.

England forward Daniel Sturridge will be hopeful of returning for the clash after a thigh injury kept him out of England's 2-0 win over Switzerland

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank GOD Arsenal did not sign this dud. Even at 16 million he is a rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.