luke thompson

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree with you, though the previous 2 games where he ran for less than 70m were extremely disappointing. Overall you're right, he doesn't quite have the attributes to be a truly elite forward which isn't necessarily his fault but a reflection of the disappointment we have with Lynne and Andrew Hill for paying the money they reportedly did but more so the way they sold this signing, it's like if your parents told you they spent $100k on a car and it was a great, luxury car and you open the garage door and you see a Camry you'd be naturally disappointed even though Camrys are really good reliable cars you were probably expecting a AMG or something like that
Exactly my point. Once again the board have let us down. I am just wondering when they will be held accountable for the state that the club is in, instead of just sacking coaches, trainers and physios etc.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont mind the though of him playing on an edge 2021 forward pack

8. Tamou
10. Ogden
11. Thompson
12. RFM
13. Elliot / Jackson

15. Elliot / Jackson
16. Doorey
17. To'omaga

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its more acceptable for the minutes the coach played him. not totally acceptable. im one of those that really believe he is being used poorly and tolman is a hog
Doesn't stop other similar players running for 140+ metres a game. He's too small, and he looks utterly bog average.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please read my entire comment, in which I said:

"I agree he hasn't been worth 800K and to be honest I don't think he will ever be worth 800K...But to be fair that's not his fault, that's the board's fault of giving him that money"
The board should have been sacked years ago, why were they spending 800k without even announcing a coach for next season. Utter incompetence.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You recon under 100m is good for a bloke on 800k per season? That's what you get your 100k players to do...I use another team, Souths have a player called Liam Knight....similar stats...only we are paying ours north of 800k! If he's never going to be an elite forward, why buy him! If he's just solid, but a solid prop elsewhere and use the coin on our spine.
Hes not on 800k this year though. And who said hes kn 800k next year?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've noticed on the Kennel, that when there is a player that is heavily scrutinized his salary goes up and up and up.

Its the truth too btw. This guy hasn't been here 7 games and I have seen by the Kennel scoops say he is on 700K, then 750k 800k to North of 800k , 900k and excess of 900k LOL.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've noticed on the Kennel, that when there is a player that is heavily scrutinized his salary goes up and up and up.

Its the truth too btw. This guy hasn't been here 7 games and I have seen by the Kennel scoops say he is on 700K, then 750k 800k to North of 800k , 900k and excess of 900k LOL.
I can confirm he’s taking our whole salary cap and the rest of the players get a pie and a can of coke. Source? Tomato of course!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he is playing in a shit team. Barrett will do wonders for the club, now everyone sit down and shut the fuck up. I’ll fight you all!! Sick of all your bullshit! Come at me at I’ll smash ya. Meet me at bankwest stadium western grand stand side . Everyone on this page that whinges is a crumpet..... not even butter , why because you crumble.... fuck you all[emoji867]

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can confirm he’s taking our whole salary cap and the rest of the players get a pie and a can of coke. Source? Tomato of course!
Hes been pretty average tbh, but I still think hes a good player and will be better in a better environment.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything more than 200k is too much! Looks just an ordinary Tolman type
I dont know. I've never really given a shit about what people get paid. 10 dollars or 10k all the same to me.

Hes been average, but ill wait untill next year to judge.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess the other reason I'm willing to cut Thompson a bit of slack is regardless of $, he's joined an absolute sh*t show. He didn't have to. Could've continued a great career in the UK and prob could've signed for another club that is better positioned than we are. But he took a leap of faith and ultimately landed in a team filled with a) players who wouldnt be anywhere near first grade at any other club and b) actual first graders who look like a shadow of their former selves and would probably rather being doing anything else than playing out these remaining games. Not a great environment to be stepping into regardless of how good he is.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know. I've never really given a shit about what people get paid. 10 dollars or 10k all the same to me.

Hes been average, but ill wait untill next year to judge.
There’s only so much coin in your cap. We didn’t even need a prop- we needed a 1,6,7, or 9.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes been pretty average tbh, but I still think hes a good player and will be better in a better environment.
I agree I did expect more but won’t be writing him off yet

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he is playing in a shit team. Barrett will do wonders for the club, now everyone sit down and shut the fuck up. I’ll fight you all!! Sick of all your bullshit! Come at me at I’ll smash ya. Meet me at bankwest stadium western grand stand side . Everyone on this page that whinges is a crumpet..... not even butter , why because you crumble.... fuck you all[emoji867]
No mention of the Chimpster, Maroondog or Nasheed I'm impressed lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree I did expect more but won’t be writing him off yet
I didnt expect anything early but expected more now with more minutes under the belt. You've seen my posts, if hes like this next year I'll be in the band wagon too lol. Just think its a bit rough to write him off after so few games, plus he's joined a team with losing seems to be a habit.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson vs Tolman
Thompson

-more offloads
-less errors

Tolman
-more tackle breaks
-less miss tackles
-more metres gained
-less penalties conceded

Thompson vs Napa
Thompson

-more tackles
-less miss tackles
-less errors

Napa
-more tackle breaks
-more metres gained

Thompson vs Ogden
Thompson

-more tackles
-more offloads
-less errors

Ogden
-more tackle breaks
-less miss tackles
-more metres gained
-less penalties conceded

Thompson's very average. When we know we need to move Tolman and Napa on and Thompson's stats are worse, it's very worrying. I'd like to see how he goes on an edge. He's fast but not explosive so I don't think he works in the middle at all, especially with the low numbers in metres gained. We can all hope he improves next year (and he HAS to) but that's what the last three years have been, hope. If we're judging Thompson now, he's very average (how I'd describe someone like Meaney). When you're on a reported 850k you have to perform (at least be better than what we already had...), Thompson was a marquee signing. We have so many areas we need to address and we still have to address prop...
You left out tries. Tolman has two more than the rest of them i believe. Would have been 3 if not for the parramatta defence pummelling him after the infamous quick tap!