luke thompson

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He really isnt that good lads. We would seriously be better off (and more cost effective) putting 3kg on Montoya who would then be the same weight as Thompson and faster, and moving him into the forwards...thats how shit Thompson is.
I've often thought that with some very GOOD coaching Montoya could make it in the forwards.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon if he learns to run good lines, then he will be better suited to the edges like Boyd Cordner. Straight and hard runs on an edge. He still needs time to adjust to the speed of the nrl and get nrl fit. Pretty tough going for him considering he hasn't had an off season in the nrl yet. I will judge his performances next year after a full off season. I think he does have some go in him, and has potential to be a good edge forward.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. His lead in was disrupted. He is in a team surrounded by players in limbo and without much capability. They aren't using him the right way. Be patient, he will come good, but not this year. Fark you people are way too ruthless.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you really want to guage Thompson look at his first game against a much bigger and fitter pack whilst he was extremely under done. Since then it looks like his been told to relax this season.

If you think your most expensive recruit is going to play at full intensity during what is a bog average season before he is really needed next year then surely U must be on the crack pipe.
Not playing at full intensity is how you get hurt, it's a ridiculous suggestion and do you really think Lynne, Hill and SG are telling him to take it easy when their own positions aren't exactly safe?
In any case if Thompson was any sort of competitor he wouldn't even know how to take it easy, have you ever seen guys like JWH, Finucane, Trbojevic, Nathan Brown, Taumalolo, etc take it easy if when their teams a losing? The natural competitor in them wouldn't be able to do that besides it's not like he's had any real dominant performances where we're totally convinced he's going to be a guaranteed success, that Broncos game you speak of he ran for 86m against the worst defence in the league, yet you make it sound like he absolutely carved up

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've noticed on the Kennel, that when there is a player that is heavily scrutinized his salary goes up and up and up.

Its the truth too btw. This guy hasn't been here 7 games and I have seen by the Kennel scoops say he is on 700K, then 750k 800k to North of 800k , 900k and excess of 900k LOL.
We
Give the guy a break. His lead in was disrupted. He is in a team surrounded by players in limbo and without much capability. They aren't using him the right way. Be patient, he will come good, but not this year. Fark you people are way too ruthless.

Dead right !,

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
England advertised a Ferrari on Gumtree and sold us a lemon.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many 'experts' on here with zero 1st grade experience...mostly failed park players giving their opinions which is fine but just consistently giving it to guys who are obviously good enough to play 1st grade or international footy but slagging them all the same...its a strange way for 'fans' to behave imo

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand all the hate Thompson gets. Against the Warriors he played for 33 mins: 9 runs, 91 metres, 25 tackles, 1 offload, no errors. Not ground-breaking stats I agree, but not nearly as bad as some of you here are making out.

I agree he hasn't been worth 800K and to be honest I don't think he will ever be worth 800K. He doesn't have the skill/speed to be a dynamic 13 (like a Murray) nor is be big and powerful enough to be a wrecking ball (like a Taumololo). But to be fair that's not his fault, that's the board's fault of giving him that money. At least he looks like he's having a go and runs with intensity.

Will he ever be an elite level forward? Probably not. But I can see him improving under the right framework and role. Seems like he's got a good attitude and work ethic so hopefully we will see improvement next year.
Yeah I agree

Atleast his hit ups he is making close to 10m per run

for years Tolman has been taking 3&4 m hit ups and the kennel would go on about what such a great worker he is.

he shouldn’t be rested he should be starting at prop. Not with Tolman though with odgen

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The board should have been sacked years ago, why were they spending 800k without even announcing a coach for next season. Utter incompetence.
I think to buy themselves time, and to keep us the fans quiet for a few more months.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He really isnt that good lads. We would seriously be better off (and more cost effective) putting 3kg on Montoya who would then be the same weight as Thompson and faster, and moving him into the forwards...thats how shit Thompson is.
I got aids from reading that post

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
You do realise he came from the uk after not having played for like 2-3 months. Spent 2 weeks in hotel quarantine and then was rushed into the team.
How about u wait until he has a proper Australian off season and gets a chance to get to know his team mates and a playing structure before having a go

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do realise he came from the uk after not having played for like 2-3 months. Spent 2 weeks in hotel quarantine and then was rushed into the team.
How about u wait until he has a proper Australian off season and gets a chance to get to know his team mates and a playing structure before having a go
Violin playing in the background as you wrote that?

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have a worry on their hands according to The Daily Telegraph.

Luke Thompson who is seen as a marquee signing is said to be suffering severe home sickness to the point where Bulldogs officials are worried that the English import will seek a release to head home.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You realise every player didn't play for 2-3 months right? In any case that was like 2 months ago, since then he's been training full time like the rest of the squad. How about instead of making excuses that may or maybe not be valid we watch the tape instead and the tape tells me he lacks the attributes to be an elite forward in the NRL

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have a worry on their hands according to The Daily Telegraph.

Luke Thompson who is seen as a marquee signing is said to be suffering severe home sickness to the point where Bulldogs officials are worried that the English import will seek a release to head home.
This might be a good thing. Can get a much better player in his position for that money. Or just use it to top up a half or hooker. We only win out that scenario which is not a worry. Drop him for the rest of the season and let him ask for a release and blame home sickness

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So many 'experts' on here with zero 1st grade experience...mostly failed park players giving their opinions which is fine but just consistently giving it to guys who are obviously good enough to play 1st grade or international footy but slagging them all the same...its a strange way for 'fans' to behave imo
Exactly mate. Fat deadshits sitting on their lounges who know it all. You’re either an immortal or shit. No in between on the kennel

Reactions: DT