News Luke Thompson injury

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Some of yous are ruthless af but I get the frustration. I genuinely hope Thommo is okay. Dw bout the foot, after his last couple years …I hope he’s okay mentally.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Random question.
Does anyone know if the club has a hyperbaric chamber at Belmore?
If not, will one be part of the new CoE?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, so all it will take for some form of compo is saying I have a sore foot lol get real. An official medical diagnosis would be required, which as a professional sporting competition would be the minimum. It couldn’t be easily rorted actually. Just like the HIA situation. Sure, in the early days it was rorted, but then they brought in independent doctors. You could do the same to assess if a player qualified for special dispensation.
No thanks. It's opening more grey areas and we know clubs love to bend the rules when that's in place. How independent can a doctor be anyway and HIA's are still very vague, not convinced on half of them rather than clubs wanting a free interchange or whatever.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's just proceed on the basis that Thompson is out for the season, if he comes back and is fit/ready to play 1st grade then that is a bonus. Bulldog just needs to get on with things using what ever players are available ....

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's just proceed on the basis that Thompson is out for the season, if he comes back and is fit/ready to play 1st grade then that is a bonus. Bulldog just needs to get on with things using what ever players are available ....
You are completely right, he will be be back though, hence the reason he’s opted to get it sorted asap without any other potential issues going forward and hopefully finish on an high ! Always a bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You are completely right, he will be be back though, hence the reason he’s opted to get it sorted asap without any other potential issues going forward and hopefully finish on an high ! Always a bulldog
Would be sweet if he's fit to return this year. Ideally I'd like him to stay on a reduced contract past 2023. But if that doesn't work out, I'd at least like to see him get a proper send off and some reward for hard pres season.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be sweet if he's fit to return this year. Ideally I'd like him to stay on a reduced contract past 2023. But if that doesn't work out, I'd at least like to see him get a proper send off and some reward for hard pres season.
It was never about the money. He wanted to sign for the dogs full stop and that was what he was offered, He has under performed but so as the Dogs, let’s be honest it’s not been good, the club is heading now in the right direction thankfully, you fans deserve a medal, I’ve only been supporting you since Luke signed and I’ve aged !, fingers crossed we finish in the top 8 because that’s what we deserve !

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was never about the money. He wanted to sign for the dogs full stop and that was what he was offered, He has under performed but so as the Dogs, let’s be honest it’s not been good, the club is heading now in the right direction thankfully, you fans deserve a medal, I’ve only been supporting you since Luke signed and I’ve aged !, fingers crossed we finish in the top 8 because that’s what we deserve !
Hope he recovers well. Seems like a lovely human being.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks for the update bro. Appreciate it. If you do talk to him in the near future let him know we all
wish him the best during his recovery and will eagerly await for him to return in Blue and White.
Are you high?