Social Media Luke Keary

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And that's why it's a huge risk signing him. I hope we stay well away for that reason despite how good he is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt we're even intetested, particularly now Oloapu has signed
His form in Reserves the first half of the season and then if/when he gets a call up to FG will determine if they pursue an experienced half for next season. Hopefully he starts strong and proves that he should be next in line.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guaranteed Roosters medically retire him and save $45 million of their salary cap in the process.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't have an agenda against him. I just know that he didn't reach the heights we'd hoped for when he signed. I didn't watch that much of last season. So if he improved a lot under Potter I didn't see it. I'm not over critical of any player. But I also don't want to sugar coat it if someone has deficiencies in their game. I've pointed out what I think are his good points as well as the bad.

I'm not going into depth to respond to everything. I just don't have time. I know that certain players tend to cop flack mercilessly. But there's something that gets under people's skin when a player that needs to improve gets put forward as a champion. And you push the envelope with it.
Alan I don't know WHY you bother to reply to his nonsense....it's only flopagain. Place him on the ignor list and the Kennel becomes soooooo much better.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone notice Tom Duffy from the cowboys....geez that kid is going to be a star. A Townsville local, Duffy was named Australian Schoolboys halfback in 2021 after an outstanding campaign with Ignatius Park College. Still just 19, Duffy will be looking to make a Queensland Cup debut in 2023. I watched him last weekend and must say Flanagan has nothing on this kid. Didn't we try to sign him? I think he is the only one of the kids Gus missed out on.

1676468799300.png

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses and tedesco re united at the roosters...could be on the cards

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone notice Tom Duffy from the cowboys....geez that kid is going to be a star. A Townsville local, Duffy was named Australian Schoolboys halfback in 2021 after an outstanding campaign with Ignatius Park College. Still just 19, Duffy will be looking to make a Queensland Cup debut in 2023. I watched him last weekend and must say Flanagan has nothing on this kid. Didn't we try to sign him? I think he is the only one of the kids Gus missed out on.

View attachment 65260
He really wasn’t that good at all

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
You are making his words out to be much more arrogant than they actually were and signposting your own angenda against him in the process. You forget what Barrett said about him in the press. Barrett paraded him in front of the media as a major signing, directed all this media attention his way and told him he wanted him to take control of the team. Can you really begrudge a kid for making his goal what the coach has asked of him? You need confidence to do well as an NRL half … young halves are SUPPOSED to want to take control of their teams and make them their own. Nobody had a problem with his words until he started struggling…and they fail to factor in the effect Barrett had on his struggles. If Burton said it, you’d all be praising him for his confidence. It’s also worth acknowledging that Kyle had just been cut loose by a club one year into a contact… is it any wonder he felt he had a point to prove (to himself as well as others)?

Flanagan actually did a really good job of controlling the team in his first game and his performances got less convincing as the weeks went on… a pattern with many players Barrett coached. It suggests his problem never was his confidence, but rather the gradual erosion of it. He also showed pretty continuous signs of improvement last year as his confidence slowly came back, which none of you give him credit for.

Maybe I do annoy people and attract a little more heat his way, but considering the amount of vitriol he was on the end of before I even started championing him, I don’t think it makes that much difference.

I have been a member of this forum for over a decade… long enough to see a common pattern. Players have always been singled out for more criticism than they deserve on here, and I’m sure that will always be the way moving forward in the future. Sorry Alan, but I am not taking the rap for this forum’s rather non constructive habit of shitcanning players. I can guarantee Kyle would still be copping it if I wasn’t calling myself the ‘gun… because he was copping it long before I started doing so. At the end of the day, people could just as easily take my act as a joke or ignore it, if they wanted to. They choose to fire up because they like turning players into scapegoats and any excuse to criticise them will do. That’s a fact.
First serious post I've seen you make in a decade. Wonders never cease to amaze me.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 65260
We did miss out unfortunately. Think it's because he can see a short term pathway to 7 with the Cowboys, given Townsend will be a guaranteed starter maybe for another season, perhaps two. If things change maybe we'll get another crack. Like most of the Cowboys' kids, their hearts, families, mates and fishing are all in North Queensland.