Luke Brooks

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Tigpies went from a strong roster to a basket case while he was there. They signed some real rubbish recruits on big money and let go of guys like JAC, Tedesco, Moses along the way. So he's been in a gradually declining roster. I hate Manly, but Brooks has quietly gone about his job and been very loyal. He earned his BBQ there.

I kind of hope we see him shine again. There's been a lack of impressive halves in the NRL. So if we see one of them finally get his shit together week to week it's a good thing.
100%

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy for him.
Gus said it best "Luke Brooks wasn't the problem with the tigers. the tigers were the problem with Luke Brooks"
From top to bottom and it doesn’t look like they are improving any this year.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly are a well balanced team. Their depth might be tested should a few players go down.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For as much as we might be watching guys like Jakey, Pauley, RFM, Flange, etc, to see how they go in another setup, imagine being a Tigpies fan for a moment, and watching Brooks in his first two games... that must be real pain...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For as much as we might be watching guys like Jakey, Pauley, RFM, Flange, etc, to see how they go in another setup, imagine being a Tigpies fan for a moment, and watching Brooks in his first two games... that must be real pain...
Yeah it’s irrefutable proof that the problem is the club not the players and has been to a very long time .

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as I hate players doing well
For certain clubs it can only be good
For
The game when they carve up.
Manly
Will be fun to watch with DCE and Brooks.
Another point under appreciated is how much better they look without Schuster.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it’s irrefutable proof that the problem is the club not the players and has been to a very long time .
I actually think its the balance of if the team and team culture rather than the club.

They are like us. They have all their eggs put in 1 player. It use to be Brooks for them and Burton for us. Neither of these 2 guys are capable of being the main man. They are second fiddle players in their own right.

I think the difference for Tigers is they've fixed their #9.and they stumbled on a good #1, and now need to find or recruit a #6 and #7. Thats 2 out of 4 spine players.

We on the other hand have a #9 and are still shuffling deck chairs trying to find a 1, 6, 7.

Our plan seems to be he to ride out the next 2 or 3 seasons before our promising juniors fill these spots. Its like waiting for your kids to turn 17 so they can drive you back from the pub....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think its the balance of if the team and team culture rather than the club.

They are like us. They have all their eggs put in 1 player. It use to be Brooks for them and Burton for us. Neither of these 2 guys are capable of being the main man. They are second fiddle players in their own right.

I think the difference for Tigers is they've fixed their #9.and they stumbled on a good #1, and now need to find or recruit a #6 and #7. Thats 2 out of 4 spine players.

We on the other hand have a #9 and are still shuffling deck chairs trying to find a 1, 6, 7.

Our plan seems to be he to ride out the next 2 or 3 seasons before our promising juniors fill these spots. Its like waiting for your kids to turn 17 so they can drive you back from the pub....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do you think team balance and culture stem from? It stems from your board and head office. And while you might have been able to draw comparisons between us and the tigers three or four years ago its ridiculous to do so now.
1- we have a stable board
2- our junior pathways have been repaired and are currently producing the next generation of bulldogs players
3-The NRL side has been completely restructured to reflect the culture and attitude of the club we want to be.
4- Coach, board, GM and players are all on the same page.
The tigers are a rabble in every aspect of the above points. I can already hear the "yeah but we are not winning" comments but the fact is what we are doing now is going to set us up for long term sustained success.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

above

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It seems like Manly have started the last few seasons strongly and then they go on a losing streak, injuries hit and their season is fucked.. I'm glad to see Brooks doing well though. He's copped a lot of shit during his career..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? he’s done nothing different to what he did for them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why? he’s done nothing different to what he did for them.
There has been open debate for years about Brooks' role in tigpies, and usually at least some who reckoned he had none. In two games he has everyone remarking how well he fits in at sea Eagles.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going great .. always had ability but was in a dud team.. now has DCE and Turbo around him and a centre and winger.. makes a difference..