Luke Brooks

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching him Sunday he must be regretting not leaving the tigers 10 years ago.
Best game I have seen him play in the NRL it’s just a pity it was for Manly. I think he will have a huge year.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After watching him Sunday he must be regretting not leaving the tigers 10 years ago.
Best game I have seen him play in the NRL it’s just a pity it was for Manly. I think he will have a huge year.
I agree, working alongside Evans would be a treat. I doubt he’s complaining about the money he was getting from Tigers but mate. Weren’t they paying him a mil plus??

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, working alongside Evans would be a treat. I doubt he’s complaining about the money he was getting from Tigers but mate. Weren’t they paying him a mil plus??
Oh yeah he was on huge money but it killed his career and for the amount of shit he copped he earned every cent I reckon.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was quietly hoping we would get him. Not that long ago he was halfback of the year? 18-19? Forget.

That said Tommy turbo and dce change so much.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said.
I detest Manly too but I'm cheering the bloke on tbh was rapt for him.They will be dangerous I'd say even a top 4 chance if the halves stay healthy(and Turbo)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said.
I detest Manly too but I'm cheering the bloke on tbh was rapt for him.They will be dangerous I'd say even a top 4 chance if the halves stay healthy.
Yeah Certainly looks like a top 4 halves combo especially if turbo stays fit, like you I am cheering for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he probably would if he was playing with DCE Turbo etc
I don't think so. Brooks pulled apart the defence numerous times using a combination of his physical attributes, deception and all round football nous. Burton doesn't have all that. He's a see space and attack space type of player that's heavily reliant on his physical attributes.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think so. Brooks pulled apart the defence numerous times using a combination of his physical attributes, deception and all round football nous. Burton doesn't have all that. He's a see space and attack space type of player that's heavily reliant on his physical attributes.
Yep, no surprises there.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot of pressure off him. He isnt expected to be the sides primary / only playmaker with players around him now like DCE and Turbo.

Burton was great at Panthers with no pressure. He still wasn't in their top 5 players at his best, and not expected to be. Hes gone the other way, he came to pressure.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair he has had some cracker games at the Tigers most notably the season when Benji was there. He just had too much weight on his shoulders and the only reason he looked so good on the weekend was because of the threats around him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember the master class game he put on to beat Panthers in Bathurst last year?

The talent is clearly there, he needs to get his confidence back.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair he has had some cracker games at the Tigers most notably the season when Benji was there. He just had too much weight on his shoulders and the only reason he looked so good on the weekend was because of the threats around him.
The Tigpies went from a strong roster to a basket case while he was there. They signed some real rubbish recruits on big money and let go of guys like JAC, Tedesco, Moses along the way. So he's been in a gradually declining roster. I hate Manly, but Brooks has quietly gone about his job and been very loyal. He earned his BBQ there.

I kind of hope we see him shine again. There's been a lack of impressive halves in the NRL. So if we see one of them finally get his shit together week to week it's a good thing.