Lichaa lets loose in search of fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa's development and actions would make sense if he focused on fitness and defence in his first year due to being a young hooker in the NRL and needing to punch out 80mins and defend.. Which he achieved. The following two years, he basically replicated his first year.. that's not developing. He should have played his strengths whilst fine tuning his kicking/passing game in the following two years of his contract and ongoing development.

It's both Des and Lichaa's fault to be honest. Des has been terrible in his coaching of #9s and Lichaa should be able to see opportunities to run the ball... I don't think Des would get the sh!ts if he makes 10-15 meters carrying the football....or would he? Point is, they both can share that blame, moreso Des because he really should have given Lichaa the confidence to run after his initiation in season 1 defending.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
people blame des, yes he is part to blame, however lichaa had 3 yrs to show some attack where ever he saw it but never did. des would not hook him if he made 15metres from hooker if he saw an opening. its all talk. just an average player.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are right to blame Des, but honestly, Lichaa needs to shoulder at least half of the blame. He just got too comfortable, and didn't have a real crack, or show much initiative. Now that he's playing for a contract, he's firing up. When you cross that white line, game plan or no game plan, you must play what's in front of you.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People are right to blame Des, but honestly, Lichaa needs to shoulder at least half of the blame. He just got too comfortable, and didn't have a real crack, or show much initiative. Now that he's playing for a contract, he's firing up. When you cross that white line, game plan or no game plan, you must play what's in front of you.
I'm sorry but that last bit is rubbish under Desball. Des doesn't encourage them to play what is infront of them, that is the issue. The players are overcoached to the point where they have lost the ability to play footy. Why do you think we saw the SAME thing week after week?

I think some of you are underestimating just how much of an influence overcoaching can have on the players and the team...Des has basically programmed the players into robots ffs.

It isn't just Lichaa, the whole squad has been a victim of this. Look at the line Klemmer run for his try, he hasn't run a line like that ALL season, so why all of a sudden did he run it now? He didn't just magically appear there because Lichaa is playing for a contract, he was there because over the last 2 weeks we can cleary see the entire team has broke away from the systems in place and playing a more heads up and free flowing style of footy.

Again look at Moses, all of sudden he is taking up positions on the field he hasn't taken up all season. He is also playing right into the line and has created a lot of chances for us over the last 2 weeks. The players around him are also taking up different positions and running some decent lines, this also gives him more freedom to play footy.

So for me the change over the last 2 weeks isn't down to individuals playing for a contract or whatever, it's down the the entire team. The gameplan has changed and the mindset has also changed...as a result the players have a little more freedom and confidence and as individuals they look a lot better now that they are playing some footy.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no denying that Lichaa owes a big thank you for Des for giving him a massive opportunity and placing 3 years worth of trust in him as a successor of Michael Ennis. Des Hasler continuously backed and supported Lichaa even though the media and fans kept criticising him. Just because Des has finally given up on Lichaa, Lichaa is serving a massive attitude. He is acting like a sore loser in my opinion. He is someone that cannot handle criticism and thinks he can fool people about his ability by blaming Des. Well i have a message for you Lichaa, You are not fooling me. You are making excuses about your own game by taking advantage of what the media has to say about Hasler. I find it absolutely horse shit that Des said to Lichaa i want you to tackle ONLY and never occasionally go for quick runs from Dummy half. I find this nonsensical. Also, even if Hasler said that 'structure A' will work it does not mean that a player should strictly adhere to this for 3 bloody years and never play outside this. Any normal player would play instinctively even if there is a set structure. No excuses Lichaa. Stop blaming it on Des.
I also find it disgusting that Lichaa is saying this about Des- a guy he is supposed to thank for placing trust and belief in him. This is not the way to thank someone Lichaa. Fix your attitude, stop blaming des and start accepting responsibility for your own game.

Hang on a minute who the fkuk are you to be saying he is talking horse shit?
We know he came with massive wraps and we have seen the past few weeks how good he can be, but you some internet hero is telling him to fix his attitude after3. Years of playing dez ball??

Did Ennis thank Hasler after he left? Or has he got permission to bag him out? Because Ennis was pathetic for years at our club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's even worse, Des sacks you if you break from game plan. Some say ennis and Pritchard got the flick for questioning tactics.

Perhaps more tangible evidence is when cook got hooked after 2 mins! Cause he ran the ball!!!

What's worse is lichaa has stuck to des' shitty structure and still got the sack!
Des probs folded to the pressure in an attempt to save his job with the whole dropping Lichaa thing.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Reynolds said on Sunday footy show that lichaa had been reigned in Abit and limited to the amount of running

The stupid forward tip on plays aren't conjusive to a hooker running

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So for me the change over the last 2 weeks isn't down to individuals playing for a contract or whatever, it's down the the entire team
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolman and Floppa are still desball plodders

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I would be more concerned about this article than the crap he has dished up previous 3 years.

Seems that he is purposely not playing to team tactics so he can get a gig elsewhere.

I know is a fu to des and you all happy about it, but think about it plus the way he is talking publically and des and then club should discipline him and drop him for rest of season
You're joking right?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
There is no denying that Lichaa owes a big thank you for Des for giving him a massive opportunity and placing 3 years worth of trust in him as a successor of Michael Ennis. Des Hasler continuously backed and supported Lichaa even though the media and fans kept criticising him. Just because Des has finally given up on Lichaa, Lichaa is serving a massive attitude. He is acting like a sore loser in my opinion. He is someone that cannot handle criticism and thinks he can fool people about his ability by blaming Des. Well i have a message for you Lichaa, You are not fooling me. You are making excuses about your own game by taking advantage of what the media has to say about Hasler. I find it absolutely horse shit that Des said to Lichaa i want you to tackle ONLY and never occasionally go for quick runs from Dummy half. I find this nonsensical. Also, even if Hasler said that 'structure A' will work it does not mean that a player should strictly adhere to this for 3 bloody years and never play outside this. Any normal player would play instinctively even if there is a set structure. No excuses Lichaa. Stop blaming it on Des.
I also find it disgusting that Lichaa is saying this about Des- a guy he is supposed to thank for placing trust and belief in him. This is not the way to thank someone Lichaa. Fix your attitude, stop blaming des and start accepting responsibility for your own game.
You obviously have NFI. When you've got Ennis and Cook both saying they experienced the same thing how can you blame anyone other than Des? Cook filled in for Ennis and was the only attacking spark we had but was shown the door. Ennis went to the Sharks and has been quoted numerous times as saying Des almost made him lose all enjoyment of playing and only wanted him to pass and tackle. So clearly Des has said 'structure A' will work take it or leave it.
I also object to you saying that Des would say 'structure A' because the implies that Des would also have a structure B,C or even D that he could implement if the need arose but we all know that **** is so full of himself that the idea of him ever thinking he needed a plan B is laughable.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. I dont think he is being disrespectful. The media love to misconstrue what people say, but even still he comes off sounding appreciative of everything des has done for him and he never says anything bad about the club or coach. He is simply stating that he followed instructions from the coach throughout his time at the dogs, but now he is just trying to get noticed so he can get a new contract.
I bet he is signed elsewhere and kills it. I bet if he re signed with us and we sack des he would kill it.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Not once did i say i support Hasler. You are someone that cannot comprehend. My whole post has nothing to do with Hasler. It is about Lichaa, his attitude , character and how he doesn't have the balls to say i am shit so is blaming it on Hasler
Your posts just keep getting more idiotic.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not once did i say i support Hasler. You are someone that cannot comprehend. My whole post has nothing to do with Hasler. It is about Lichaa, his attitude , character and how he doesn't have the balls to say i am shit so is blaming it on Hasler
Mate by taking the onus off Hasler you are actively displaying support for him. Lichaa has thrown off the shackles of Des rigid, over structured coaching in the past few weeks and has looked much better for it.....

Rather than admit the obvious (that Lichaa is probably a better player than he has shown here and Des has held him back) you are talking total poppycock about Lichaa not having balls.

Lichaa was pretty well regarded before he got here and it is just common sense to assume Des has stunted his development in the past few years. Same goes for Mbye.... everyone rated him a future origin player before Des got in his head.

Start confronting the real issue and stop passing the buck. Lots of our players aren't performing to potential. That's not the product of a widespread attitude problem it's a product of shithouse coaching. So too is Lichaa's tendency to underachieve over the past 3 years.

Last edited:

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
These last two weeks should be a slap in the face of hasler supporters.

• The change in game play
  • Lichaa coming out and saying he's playing his own game and having a MOM performance vs Titans
  • Reynolds being asked on the Sunday footy show if the tactics have changed and REynolds avoiding answering the question suggest the boys are just playing footy and have dumped desball
How much clearer does it have to be and yet some still have their heads in the sand
Des won 2 comps remember. Only Bellamy has a better record bla bla bla

Status
Not open for further replies.