Lichaa lets loose in search of fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no denying that Lichaa owes a big thank you for Des for giving him a massive opportunity and placing 3 years worth of trust in him as a successor of Michael Ennis. Des Hasler continuously backed and supported Lichaa even though the media and fans kept criticising him. Just because Des has finally given up on Lichaa, Lichaa is serving a massive attitude. He is acting like a sore loser in my opinion. He is someone that cannot handle criticism and thinks he can fool people about his ability by blaming Des. Well i have a message for you Lichaa, You are not fooling me. You are making excuses about your own game by taking advantage of what the media has to say about Hasler. I find it absolutely horse shit that Des said to Lichaa i want you to tackle ONLY and never occasionally go for quick runs from Dummy half. I find this nonsensical. Also, even if Hasler said that 'structure A' will work it does not mean that a player should strictly adhere to this for 3 bloody years and never play outside this. Any normal player would play instinctively even if there is a set structure. No excuses Lichaa. Stop blaming it on Des.
I also find it disgusting that Lichaa is saying this about Des- a guy he is supposed to thank for placing trust and belief in him. This is not the way to thank someone Lichaa. Fix your attitude, stop blaming des and start accepting responsibility for your own game.
Kinda like the same way he kept giving Tony Williams opportunity after opportunity? Or how is keeps giving Tolman the same opportunity week in, week out because he's the greatest forward to have ever graced the field?

Or is it because he's gotten rid of anyone who's been a better replacement and had no choice but to keep picking these blokes?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
people blame des, yes he is part to blame, however lichaa had 3 yrs to show some attack where ever he saw it but never did. des would not hook him if he made 15metres from hooker if he saw an opening. its all talk. just an average player.
And Ennis rarely ran and rarely kicked. Speaks volumes re the coach

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that last bit is rubbish under Desball. Des doesn't encourage them to play what is infront of them, that is the issue. The players are overcoached to the point where they have lost the ability to play footy. Why do you think we saw the SAME thing week after week?

I think some of you are underestimating just how much of an influence overcoaching can have on the players and the team...Des has basically programmed the players into robots ffs.

It isn't just Lichaa, the whole squad has been a victim of this. Look at the line Klemmer run for his try, he hasn't run a line like that ALL season, so why all of a sudden did he run it now? He didn't just magically appear there because Lichaa is playing for a contract, he was there because over the last 2 weeks we can cleary see the entire team has broke away from the systems in place and playing a more heads up and free flowing style of footy.

Again look at Moses, all of sudden he is taking up positions on the field he hasn't taken up all season. He is also playing right into the line and has created a lot of chances for us over the last 2 weeks. The players around him are also taking up different positions and running some decent lines, this also gives him more freedom to play footy.

So for me the change over the last 2 weeks isn't down to individuals playing for a contract or whatever, it's down the the entire team. The gameplan has changed and the mindset has also changed...as a result the players have a little more freedom and confidence and as individuals they look a lot better now that they are playing some footy.
Well said

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des probs folded to the pressure in an attempt to save his job with the whole dropping Lichaa thing.
I doubt very much weather Des would fold under any pressure, be it from the media, this Forum, or anywhere else TBH

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good work from Lichaa to point out all the pros that he possesses and cleanly forget to mention that he's not able to plan far enough ahead to know where a half is or time a pass so the forwards can actually hit the line at pace.

In the three years here he's doubtless had plenty of opportunity to learn to time a pass. People criticize Ennis in here for his lack of attacking flare, which to an extent is not unwarranted. He executed a game plan as Hasler wanted and we made it into two grand finals during that time. But our forwards didn't have to run at half pace to give Ennis a chance to get a pass away. They ran hard onto the ball. They actually looked like a strong forward pack when they're able to run hard onto the ball. With Lichaa playing dummy half they constantly had to halt their momentum waiting for him to pass. At stages they looked more than average. I've never been critical of Lichaa with his running game. I have complimented it on the rare occasions when he used it. He's probably had six games over the last three years when he has actually done so. So we have to judge not only those 6 games but also the 67 in total (according to the article) where he's neglected putting his stamp on the game. You can blame the coach for that if you want, but at what stage does Lichaa get held under the spotlight for this. Mbye in probably 6-7 games at hooker probably ran the ball from dummy half as often as Lichaa has in 67 games combined. In those 6-7 games Mbye has also shown that he can identify where a half is and pass directly to them. Lichaa in 67 games for us rarely showed that he has that ability in his bag of tricks. For a hooker it's a pretty important skill that is lacking. Before people say I'm imagining things, we've seen occasions where both our halves gave him a serve about not feeding them the ball when they wanted it.

I know the media probably had a lot of talk time with Lichaa in order to get a few quotes for this article, but it sounds very much like Lichaa is doing his best to paint himself in the best possible light he can. He's desperate for a contract somewhere and who can blame him for wanting to earn the sort of money that some people have to earn many promotions over the course of a long career in any industry to get, if they can even achieve it. But to me this is a weak as piss attitude from Lichaa. If he can't accept the responsibility for his own inadequate passing game he won't develop it. Hasler has to shoulder some of the blame for not getting Lichaa up to standard in this regard or dropping him to get the message accross, but to me it sounds like Lichaa is quite deluded in thinking he's a world class hooker already. It seems clear to that he still feels like he's in the list for origin selection somewhere in the not too distant future. In my opinion he will struggle even more to retain a spot in any other clubs top 17 if he can't develop his service from dummy half. Not every coach will persist with a hooker that dulls their forwards momentum. For the last three years the opposition defenses have known that they basically have to crowd up on the forwards within 2 metres of him to blunt our momentum and it's a huge part of why our representative forward pack has gone backwards.

I wish Lichaa all the luck in the world in pulling a career out of the ashes he's created of his chances here. But having heard him offer our game plan up as a scapegoat, I won't be surprised if he only gets close to an NRL jersey if he volunteers to wash them at his next club. He's clearly still got massive wraps on himself.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be more concerned about this article than the crap he has dished up previous 3 years.

Seems that he is purposely not playing to team tactics so he can get a gig elsewhere.

I know is a fu to des and you all happy about it, but think about it plus the way he is talking publically and des and then club should discipline him and drop him for rest of season
Why should they discipline him they ruined his career killed off his attacking game and confidence

Good luck to him hope he goes elsewhere and kills it

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that last bit is rubbish under Desball. Des doesn't encourage them to play what is infront of them, that is the issue. The players are overcoached to the point where they have lost the ability to play footy. Why do you think we saw the SAME thing week after week?

I think some of you are underestimating just how much of an influence overcoaching can have on the players and the team...Des has basically programmed the players into robots ffs.

It isn't just Lichaa, the whole squad has been a victim of this. Look at the line Klemmer run for his try, he hasn't run a line like that ALL season, so why all of a sudden did he run it now? He didn't just magically appear there because Lichaa is playing for a contract, he was there because over the last 2 weeks we can cleary see the entire team has broke away from the systems in place and playing a more heads up and free flowing style of footy.

Again look at Moses, all of sudden he is taking up positions on the field he hasn't taken up all season. He is also playing right into the line and has created a lot of chances for us over the last 2 weeks. The players around him are also taking up different positions and running some decent lines, this also gives him more freedom to play footy.

So for me the change over the last 2 weeks isn't down to individuals playing for a contract or whatever, it's down the the entire team. The gameplan has changed and the mindset has also changed...as a result the players have a little more freedom and confidence and as individuals they look a lot better now that they are playing some footy.
Rubbish. In the heat of battle, it all comes down to muscle memory, determination, and competing. Jonathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk execute a game plan, but when it's not working, they take it upon themselves to try something different, and that comes from vision and instinct, and playing what's in front of you.

I blame Des for the shitty game plans, players out of position, and the lack of development, but the players have used Des as an excuse for their lack of fight and creativity. They honestly can't look each other in the eye, and say that they have had a decent crack.

By the way, if you think they haven't lifted in order to secure a contract, you are delusional. When the whole team gets shopped around, the last 2 weeks is the result.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish. In the heat of battle, it all comes down to muscle memory, determination, and competing. Jonathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk execute a game plan, but when it's not working, they take it upon themselves to try something different, and that comes from vision and instinct, and playing what's in front of you.

I blame Des for the shitty game plans, players out of position, and the lack of development, but the players have used Des as an excuse for their lack of fight and creativity. They honestly can't look each other in the eye, and say that they have had a decent crack.

By the way, if you think they haven't lifted in order to secure a contract, you are delusional. When the whole team gets shopped around, the last 2 weeks is the result.
Absolute garbage, just fucking garbage. Throw your fucking computer in the neighbors pool and just stop posting.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Seems to be a recurring theme with the players that end up leaving and tbh I'm not surprised.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people blame des, yes he is part to blame, however lichaa had 3 yrs to show some attack where ever he saw it but never did. des would not hook him if he made 15metres from hooker if he saw an opening. its all talk. just an average player.
If you analyse our game plan our middle forwards are not sharp, get dominated in the tackle hence slow play the balls; it makes it difficult to make 15mtrs out of dummy half with the defence set. On top of that our middle forwards have been slow, make poor contact in defence & have no lateral movement- who cleans up? Lichaa =45+ tackles per game.
Let's be objective Lichaa has shown on the last 2 weeks how good he is.
Let's remember before season's start Des said he tweaked the attack?
Well this is the scenario:-
1) Des & his staff are very poor teachers/mentors (plausible)
2)all our playing group are thick as brick & dumb as dog shit(unlikely)
Or
After 24 rounds of structure & playing for stats, the collective playing group have said "fuck this- let's play to our ability & what's in front of us"

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still dont get people constantly bagging hoppa. Sure he is not super fast, but last week he scored two solid tries, and the week before two try assists. I wish the whole team would flop like this tbh.
And the 24 rounds before that?

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
You Hasler supporters are fucking annoying. You ***** obviously don't give a shit about our club.
You seem to be the biggest loudmouth "****" on this forum STFU , everyone is allowed an opinion , fuck knows we read yours every 2nd post on every fuckin thread , lichaa is a spud full stop.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa could have played the last few weeks football during our season at any time, and that would have won him a contract renewal.
So you're saying if he ignored the coach and did what he wanted, that would get him a new contract?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And also did anyone catch the ch9 commentary when we were playing the eagles?

Joey asks Freddy (he was on the sideline) when rfm was coming on? Joey said he is our best forward.

Then rfm starts warming up. Joey goes he's listening! Freddy says "about time". Implying Des is a stubborn old man. Could also be Freddy saying it's "about time" rfm comes on - meaning even he thinks rfm should be playing more than the obligatory 20 mins!!!

Either way it's a fuck Des!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And also did anyone catch the ch9 commentary when we were playing the eagles?

Joey asks Freddy (he was on the sideline) when rfm was coming on? Joey said he is our best forward.

Then rfm starts warming up. Joey goes he's listening! Freddy says "about time". Implying Des is a stubborn old man. Could also be Freddy saying it's "about time" rfm comes on - meaning even he thinks rfm should be playing more than the obligatory 20 mins!!!

Either way it's a fuck Des!
Des's interchange use has been shit for a number of years.

Carrying a fourth forward only to give him either 5 minutes or not come on at all.

Or how about when we had Marcelo and Frawley on the bench for the whole game, not a single minute.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I still dont get people constantly bagging hoppa. Sure he is not super fast, but last week he scored two solid tries, and the week before two try assists. I wish the whole team would flop like this tbh.

2 try assists against manly were his usual passes he does every fucking week, this time he had a fucking shit winger in Mathew Wright who was out of place and we scored coz of it. Any other winger and they wouldnt have been tries.
And 2 tries.. so for once this year he backs up like he should have been doing all year.

Hoppa is slow as fuck, he has no idea how to roam the field like a good fullback does ie Slater Tedesco Trbojevic. Offers shit passes and can't even position himself properly in defense behind the goal line..

Status
Not open for further replies.