Lewis to Lock?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy idea but most of the stuff I’m reading here on The Kennel is all worried about our attack. Have Lewis roaming lock and have more attacking options...Thoughts?
Des is back...fmd

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy idea but most of the stuff I’m reading here on The Kennel is all worried about our attack. Have Lewis roaming lock and have more attacking options...Thoughts?
The lock position has changed a lot.
As an old fashioned lock yeah sure. Wayne Pearce even Wally Lewis used to play lock.
They were ball playing second five eight and jim dymock too.
These days locks are another prop as people have mentioned. So it wouldn’t work in the format.
Edge backrowers like Cartwright and wade graham have that ball playing ability similar to a five eight on their particular edge. Eg John Sutton who successfully went from rep 5/8 to edge backrower

Reactions: mez

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair enough boys and girls and in today’s current format we need all mobile forwards for the back row...just thinking at least as 5/8 Pay should give him a roaming role next year as opposed to certain side for each half...Dymock and Norton roles back in the day

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t agree BUT it’s not as silly as people are making it out to be..

Travis norton wasn’t a batterimg ram

Neither was dymock

Trialing players in different positions is not bad we could unearth something special.

But I think he needs to stay at 6 problem is I think Foran is a 6 too.
Can someone explain to me the difference between a 6 and 7 in the modern game? I thought they work left and right sides, what else?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop partying.

Reactions: mez

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Let's just wait and see, and hope he doesn't get 2nd year syndrome like most players. I finally warmed up to him and now like him after proving me very wrong this season..

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pretty harsh responses on this thread.
Lewis has a fairly large frame and possibly still growing. You never know where he could end up.
We aren’t talking next year though..

greenacre kiwi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cogger and Foran but then Lewis can be roaming to either side of attack and he can tackle...just a crazy thought but hey what have we got to lose?
we are getting pretty full in the backrow however.but certainly can tackle and great last tackle kick option.foran will slip back in but with who...cogger?
backrow options rfm,jackson,chn,rmartin.
odgen and toomaga can play prop/sec.
pay will have a hareder time picking squad next year with the new stock availiable.

greenacre kiwi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pretty harsh responses on this thread.
Lewis has a fairly large frame and possibly still growing. You never know where he could end up.
We aren’t talking next year though..
yes.not a bad option all as hes tall and still growing and can tackle...just ask simms from st george who lewis owned when they played.
time will tell.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little point in doing this even if it was considered as we have a huge amount of backrowers.
Dont weaken one position to try and strengthen another.

greenacre kiwi

Waterboy
Reaction score
there are options for next year.the silly season will hopefully make next years team roster clearer.replacing the morris twins my main concern tbh.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is more likely to play centre with our lack of depth there, but he has to be in the halves. He was improving there and that's where we need him. It's possible he'll fill out and play some backrow later in his career.