Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know which part of his "defence" excites people the most? When he runs out of the line leaving gaps both sides, his horrendous lateral movement, his lack of pace to turn and chase, laying on tackled players giving away repeat sets/penalties, or tackling around the legs to allow quick play the balls?
that broncos game when he kept pangai jr out of it was pretty impressive

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope he locks fullback down long term. They way Burton plays we will need a fast fullback sniffing around him as that's what he's been use to in grade with Staines and Laurie.
Fullback his best spot for sure. He doesn't have the pysical attributes they seem to be developing wingers into these days.

If he filled out his frame and found some aggression, he would be a much improved player bc he does have the reliability and consistency.

Allen has not deserved the spot unchallenged thats for sure.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw Meaney on weekend Nat. He just seemed so frustrated with players inside him. He hardly got the ball untill he went to fullback then it was on the back foot. He had a few times he had words with Cotric then when he did pass the ball to him he had less than no room.
Seems like Cotric is becoming like JMOz and hogging the ball. Didn't see the game on Saturday, but based on what you said he seems to be heading down that path.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he locks fullback down long term. They way Burton plays we will need a fast fullback sniffing around him as that's what he's been use to in grade with Staines and Laurie.
I reckon the back line should be something like this:

2021:

1. Meaney
2. Allen
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Okunbur

2022:

1. Meaney
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Allen

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like Cotric is becoming like JMOz and hogging the ball. Didn't see the game on Saturday, but based on what you said he seems to be heading down that path.
I wouldnt call it hogging. Made some poor choices (held onto the ball when he shouldve passed, pass when he shouldve held it) and some of his passes were wayward. Doesn't look particularly comfortable at centre at this stage tbh.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have never seen someone who has as little skill
And ability as this player with the ball in the hand. He is yet to complete a single pass kick or play that would even be graded a 2 out of 10 in two years. Every single moment he holds the football in hand is pure purgatory. The longer we preserve with this muppet the longer this club sits in the bottom 8.
How are you going posting smack downs of players like this with “Kennel Immortal” as your status? Setting a good example for measured and sensible reasoning about our squads shortcomings. Yeah, Lewis’ attack isn’t great but his defence is superb and he digs in and has a crack. That’s what we need from our players.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Trent's really over a barrel and doesn't have a lot to choose from. This Lewis defence myth is driving me nuts, I feel like smashing something everytime I read it.
Smash your keyboard next time

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it was hogging the ball.It looked to me that centre is not his position yet. It seemed his positioning was not a centre'S and he ran out of room and crowded Meaney into the sideline.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said something similar but you said it better.
I wouldnt call it hogging. Made some poor choices (held onto the ball when he shouldve passed, pass when he shouldve held it) and some of his passes were wayward. Doesn't look particularly comfortable at centre at this stage tbh.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How are you going posting smack downs of players like this with “Kennel Immortal” as your status? Setting a good example for measured and sensible reasoning about our squads shortcomings. Yeah, Lewis’ attack isn’t great but his defence is superb and he digs in and has a crack. That’s what we need from our players.
Kennel Immortal is given when you have a certain amount of posts you absolute dud