Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving, there was some classic Lewis un-co moments in that game yesterday, I’d love someone to do a video collection (to Benny Hill music) of all his clanger passes, ruck infringements, pathetic attempts to run through the line, and kicks either drilled straight down the throat of the back three or into the head of the player attempting a charge down, it’s funny when we’re winning but painful to watch when we’re not

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, yes that would be funny.
I can tell you he is a good player but we have been a basket case for a while now and he has been played as a half which i personally don't think he is.
He may not be our 'Thurston' who got away from us should we move him on but he is a good player, we just haven't seen too much so far.

Our 'fans' give him so much he may not know which team he is on sometimes but we all have opinions so i respect that.

I like him playing for us i just don't think we have him in the right spot and where that spot actually is, lock for me.
With better players around him he will be better.
Just my opinion though.

How good is it to win a game, makes monday ok
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving, there was some classic Lewis un-co moments in that game yesterday, I’d love someone to do a video collection (to Benny Hill music) of all his clanger passes, ruck infringements, pathetic attempts to run through the line, and kicks either drilled straight down the throat of the back three or into the head of the player attempting a charge down, it’s funny when we’re winning but painful to watch when we’re not

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again there were passes that went to ground and ten metres behind their intended target. One time the Knights scooped it up when we were attacking their line. I've never seen a half this bad at making simple passes. He shouldn't play half again...

Start Averillo in the halves or give Cogger a run. He's no world beater but he has a good running game and deserves a shot. Either that or Wakeham but he's lost all confidence and looks bad at the moment. Just no more Lewis please!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You might see a half throw a bad pass a couple of times a year. An elite half you would count on one hand the amount of times they throw a shocker. With lewis its atleast every game if not multiple times a game. I know people will say shocking conditions, but what about when its dry, sun out, and an overlap down the left and he either floats one into a cardboard cut out of throws the ball far far behind the player he was aiming at.

I am starting to fear there might be something neurological wrong with the kid. Most on here would be able to hit a player 3-5 mins away on the chest. How can a half in an elite comp not be able to pass? The only players that have an excuse are props, and even then they would be able to offload or atleast pass the ball before the line.

I have never ever in my life seen a 23-24 year old NRL half that struggles with the basics. Even his kicking, he uses brute force, no timing, no technique, just boot the hell out of it. When it comes off its ok, when it doesnt...... (which happens a fair bit) looks ugly (like his line drop out yesterday).

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You might see a half throw a bad pass a couple of times a year. An elite half you would count on one hand the amount of times they throw a shocker. With lewis its atleast every game if not multiple times a game. I know people will say shocking conditions, but what about when its dry, sun out, and an overlap down the left and he either floats one into a cardboard cut out of throws the ball far far behind the player he was aiming at.

I am starting to fear there might be something neurological wrong with the kid. Most on here would be able to hit a player 3-5 mins away on the chest. How can a half in an elite comp not be able to pass? The only players that have an excuse are props, and even then they would be able to offload or atleast pass the ball before the line.

I have never ever in my life seen a 23-24 year old NRL half that struggles with the basics. Even his kicking, he uses brute force, no timing, no technique, just boot the hell out of it. When it comes off its ok, when it doesnt...... (which happens a fair bit) looks ugly (like his line drop out yesterday).
I think you’ve nailed it, it’s a neurological issue lol

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is a theif taking a salary from the bulldogs monthly he is terrible just a defender anyone can learn how to tackle

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham may not be the answer but he has been coached extremely poorly and been shown no reassurance or any sort of consistency.. lewis has been afforded every opportunity in the world, continuity and selection regardless of performance.. if wakeham had been afforded half of what Lewis has, then maybe, just maybe he be further a long in his development .. not to mention no reserve grade....
I can’t disagree with any of that.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis is a theif taking a salary from the bulldogs monthly he is terrible just a defender anyone can learn how to tackle
I'm not too sure anyone can learn how to tackle. Not all footballers are as effective as others. I could possibly teach you how to tackle and you may well look a right goose trying
to deliver what you've learnt. You might be a right thief taking up valuable space on this forum. I'm sure you're doing your best and so is Lewis.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't post such rubbish. There is no need to exaggerate in such a ridiculous manner. I would have disliked if such button existed.
I wish a dislike button or perhaps something more severe was available. Funny can be interpreted a few ways, as in funny ridiculous or funny as entertaining or funny otherwise.
The hyperbole and downright exaggeration that constitutes meaningless views are boring and represent an option taken as nothing of real substance can be offered.
I liked your comment.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe people still think Lewis will come good. I also can't believe he still gets picked every week.
Dean Pay said:
These young blokes you know, they just need 50 games. Lewy is only at his 30th so give him a chance. Errors. 50/50 calls. Young blokes. Run hard tackle harder