Lets change it up... Top 3 greatest moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are the 3 best moments you love, the best, the ones that are itched in your memory for the club you were born to bleed white and blue for?

In order, mine are :

1. Bulldogs v Parra 1998 prelim - Euphoria - Euphoria is that feeling of being pat on the head as a kid being extremely excited. The feeling of your first sexual experience. It's a feeling of mass excitement that reaches satisfaction. Euphoria is the release of dopamine in the brain and this chemical is responsible for those euphoric feelings.

2. Bulldogs v Manly 1995 GF - Ecstatic - Involving an experience of mystic self-transcendence.

3. Bulldogs v Roosters 2004 GF - Tense - Unable to relax because of nervousness, anxiety, or stimulation. "he was tense with excitement"

Up the Dogs!! We'll be back baby..

P.s I'm on Night shift

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
2004 grandfinal, fell in love with dogs again after the superleague shit. 04 was all heart.

1995 grandfinal, against the manly juggernaut.

1995 beating the raiders and Broncos to make the gf. 2 last winners , doggies struggled in big games against them previously.

1997 Newcastle winning gf. Only gf I have been to. That was amazing atmosphere with 98% Newcastle supporters.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That Parramatta semi final was one of life’s greatest moments. I was in a pub copping it from eels fans then that last 8 mins happens and Daryl Halligan became my Hero. The eels fans became quiet and just accepted they were shit. One of the best 8 mins of my life.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. 1998 semi against Parramatta. Was lucky enough to be at that game and hearing Parra fans singing bring in the Broncos with about 15 mins to go. Was the best end to a game ive seen

2. 1995 GF against Manly. I was only 15 but i remember my manly supporting father not watching the end of the game and going out and cleaning the garage....

3. 2002 against Newcastle. Again i was lucky enough to be at that game. we were getting pumped the first half and to come back and win like that was awesome. Newcastle stadium was packed and i was with 2 Newcastle fans..gave them shit all the way back to Sydney

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are a losing club with a bleak ten years so let's remember us being shit like this rubble of place deserves. 06 semi. 1998 grand final slaughter. 1994 massacre against Canberra

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs come from behind win in Newcastle in round 20 of the 2002 season.

Who could have predicted the finish?

And in true El Masri style, he took his time, soaked up the pressure and converted the Patten try from the sideline to give the Bulldogs a memorable 22-21 victory over the Newcastle Knights.

What an amazing afternoon of rugby league and what a committed effort from the Bulldogs to come from 19 nil down and defeat the Knights on their home turf.

Don't piss off the ogre!!!

Mark O'Meley V Bryce Gibbs

Terry Lamb Field Goal against Newcastle in 1992 when the Knights led the Bulldogs 12-10.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1988 was number 1. First year I was able to watch Rugby league in remote PNG.

1995 not expected to win but beat Manly.

2015 watching broncos lose in last minute was fucking priceless.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Steve Mortimer punching out Graham Wynn.

2. Brian Battese shoulder charge on Kevin Hastings at Belmore.

3. 1998 prelim final win over Parra scum.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course all the GFs & Finals mentioned above..

Another club game that springs to mind was our first game in 04 when SBW made his debut & destroyed the Eels.. Jamie Lyon quit to go England right after that

JoeyG

Waterboy
Reaction score
1967 game against Nth.Syd. Bears at Nth. Sydney Oval. A scrum erupted
and came apart, 2 big men stood tall punching toe to toe for about one minute ( seemed like 10 min’s ) Kevin Ryan V’s Lloyd Weier.
Both sent off,first scrum of the day.Best footy fight I ever saw.
Tough MEN. Remember it like it was yesterday.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are still a successful club in my opinion. No other team has been successful in my life time than the dogs. Since I was born we have made 12 GF’s and won 6. We average 1 GF appearance every 3 years and average 1 GF win every 7 years. Teams like the sharks, rabbits, Penrith etc have a long way to go to catch up to us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogre knocking out Bryce Gibbs ..
Few of Utai's barnstorming tries
Sherwin and El masri kick tries
2005 run to the finals, including last round win to scrape into the top 5.
all of SBW shoulder charges
beating Roosters in 2004 final
Terry lamb support tries

the list goes on an on

Reactions: DT

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Scoreless draw Henson park
Anzac day massacre (SCG)
95 GF

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multicultural Day at Belmore
Smashing Parra

Malla

Reaction score
El Magic v Knights
Dragons game at Kogarah in 2006 - always sticks in my memory as the most dominant game of footy by a forward pack i have ever seen live

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
98 prelim
04 GF

elmagic - those sideline conversions
Ogre - smashing people
Sbw - shoulder charges
Just to throw a couple of many names in there!!

The players that loved this club an gave their all, (speaking for most back then) those were the moments we will always miss !! Win/Lose/draw

Status
Not open for further replies.