Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn’t sold on this signing to start with but he’s a better defender than the other two combined and if it helps us avoid the spoon I am all for it
He woudnt have cost a whole lot either. And if he does come good, it will be for a bargain price, and it will be considered an astute move. If not, well, we will all just go into meltdown like usual!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol more C grade plodders

It could be Holland I guess...that’s a positive

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a low benchmark to beat. Has terrible handling and tries to offload in contact every time leading to errors. Slow and defense is questionable.

But as you said that is still better than the alternatives. Says a lot about the other Centre options we have now
Its like a Ferrari against a skateboard.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With Laf in the centre’s and Reimis back Foran cleared we have the right opportunity to push Lewis out for Averillo. That’s what I would do anyway.
Who plays 7?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:D
He woudnt have cost a whole lot either. And if he does come good, it will be for a bargain price, and it will be considered an astute move. If not, well, we will all just go into meltdown like usual!
The old TK roasting lol might inspire him to greatness :grinning:
Hope he plays great

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True. Lafai would be on more than Harper (I did forgot about him tho). I'm still worried that we can't fit all of them in but we'll see soon I guess.
Much more.
Lafai is in the $300k to $350k range.
But most of the year is gone so he will have limited impact on.this year's salary cap.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If he performs well. Which no doubt he will as playing for a contract, maybe an extension for 12mths. Potentially next year -

Hopoate
Smith/Okunbur/Meaney
Cotric
Lafai
DWZ
Averillo
Foran
Scratch Foran he won't be here next season, and you have him at halfback?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOLLLL still can’t believe this happened .. if the board want to keep face they wouldn’t even announce this and just name him game day to play if he makes the cut.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m liking this signing it will keep Crichton and holland out of the starting side.
Not sure if I want smith or Monty outside him
Smith the better finisher
Monty the stronger runner out of our end

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scratch Foran he won't be here next season, and you have him at halfback?
Who says he won’t be here. And it makes no difference to him really, he sees the game well. Could mange half comfortably. Best way to develop Averillo playing alongside him.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo and Foran are fine with Wakeham as a backup. Burton potentially the year after? Maybe then we shift Averillo to the back and Wakeham steps up. I personally see Averillo as our 6 for the next decade.
You can't play Averillo or Foran at halfback. So as it stands for next season that leaves the shit show of Lewis or Wakehan.

Priority no.1 for the new coach is signing an experienced halfback.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who says he won’t be here. And it makes no difference to him really, he sees the game well. Could mange half comfortably. Best way to develop Averillo playing alongside him.
Foran runs at the defensive line and plays the ball at the line.
He is not an organising halfback.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran runs at the defensive line and plays the ball at the line.
He is not an organising halfback.
He’s the only footy brain in the team. Could manage in my opinion, plus there’s no options out there anyway. Our priority has to be number nine

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who?? We need a hooker more than anything. Averillo and Foran for a year, it’s all we got. Get Tamou for next two years, packs looking good.
Burton, hastings , Green? all realistic

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can't play Averillo or Foran at halfback. So as it stands for next season that leaves the shit show of Lewis or Wakehan.

Priority no.1 for the new coach is signing an experienced halfback.
Well you can play Averillo at halfback, played there in Flegg.