Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
St George centre Tim Lafai will join the Bulldogs for the rest of the 2020 season after being granted a release by the Dragons.

29 year-old Lafai, who made his NRL debut for the Bulldogs in 2011 and played five seasons at Belmore, will link up with his new club at training tomorrow.

Lafai has made 165 NRL appearances overall, scoring 48 tries. In his previous stint at Belmore between 2011 and 2015, Lafai played in 74 matches and crossed the try line 30 times.

Lafai has also represented Samoa on 12 occasions.

Lafai, will be available for selection for the Bulldogs for this Sunday's match against the Newcastle Knights.

Source- Club email

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
surely he wont play him this week. I reckon he will wait after we get beat this weekend and then slot him straight in

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let's hope he can surprise us all. In all honesty though, he is better then Holland or Montoya.
That is a low benchmark to beat. Has terrible handling and tries to offload in contact every time leading to errors. Slow and defense is questionable.

But as you said that is still better than the alternatives. Says a lot about the other Centre options we have now

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres no way he was better than krisnan inu who he replaced against knights in semi final but hes better than montoya at least

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great signing. Even if it's for more than this season. We need experienced players and Bulldogs DNA. He will be good for us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Until Will Hopoate gets back.

1. Jake Averillo
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Nick Meaney
4. Tim Lafai
5. Reimis Smith

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's only for a year, so be it. I hope they don't get fooled into re-signing him like DWZ... Averillo has to be there regardless. If this keeps him out of the starting team, I'd be furious.

If Holland, Montoya or Crichton are named ahead of Averillo then they're all fucked in the head..The backline named tomorrow should be:

1: Meaney
2: DWZ
3: Averillo
4: Lafai
5: Smith

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it's only for a year, so be it. I hope they don't get fooled into re-signing him like DWZ.

Averillo has to be there regardless. If this keeps him out of the starting team I'd be furious.

Surely the backline named tomorrow will be:

1: Meaney
2: DWZ
3: Averillo
4: Lafai
5: Smith

If Holland, Montoya or Crichton are named ahead of Averillo then they're all fucked in the head.
id like to see that but i think for team moral it wont happen.