Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are we allowed 32 players now?
We released Harper. I don't think we went into the season with 30 players either (could be wrong).

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he's probably kicked more goals and accumulated more points than us scoring tries.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It looks like Burton or stick with what we have. Unless someone no ones mentioned pops up that's a good buy.
Averillo and Foran are fine with Wakeham as a backup. Burton potentially the year after? Maybe then we shift Averillo to the back and Wakeham steps up. I personally see Averillo as our 6 for the next decade.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo and Foran are fine with Wakeham as a backup. Burton potentially the year after? Maybe then we shift Averillo to the back and Wakeham steps up. I personally see Averillo as our 6 for the next decade.
I think we need someone with a long kicking game beside both Foran or Averillo from what I've seen. Wakeham and Lewis not good enough either now or period. I don't think we'll see a Foran and Averillo pairing, I could be wrong tho.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t seen him play in a long time but he must be shit if he couldn’t get a start at dragons hope I’m wrong

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Operation avoid wooden spoon. I don't think we've played like the wooden spoon team this year but that's where we're.
Avoiding the spoon isn’t a huge accomplishment. No one that finishes outside the top 10 can really have a good year (well anyone that doesn’t really have a shot at the 8 with 5-6 weeks to go is a huge fail).

Avoiding the spoon is more for the board and coach. Like they can trumpet not winning the spoon.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His strike rate playing for us is quite good. 30 tries in 70 games for a centre is decent, however that was a few years ago and we can only go off what he has showed recently, average centre but a lot better than what we have.

I'd like to see us go with:

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Lafai
4. Schoupp
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. To'omaga
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Thompson

14. Cogger
15. Ogden
16. Napa
17. Sue

If CHN wants to stay then have him in for RFM, and RFM to push Sue off the bench.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I mean, this is an ok signing I guess? Haven’t watched that much of him since he left but I do remember he bulked up way too much to the point where he lost his pace.

I still don’t really understand why Harper never got a genuine go at centre. Lafai is obviously more experienced but if Harper does well at Manly we’re gonna look really foolish.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's only for this year and keeps one of Holland or Montoya out of NRL so that's a positive.
That's pretty much it. They signed him up to defend the left side centre position against Montoya and Holland.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember his intercept in 2014 semi against Melbourne. I was up out of the chair screaming at the bastard. Go Laf!!!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind the signing

-interim signing only
- he has experience
- can beat a man
- can set up his winger
- can defend

You can’t tick [emoji736] all of those boxes for Holland and or Montoya

If he had as much ball as Montoya on the weekend he would’ve created a try ...Monty just didn’t look likely nor did Holland

It’s a good little signing

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we allowed 32 players now?
As posted previously we kept a spare spot, as we have the last 2 years, (which Thompson takes), Harper hasn't been replaced and we weren't allowed to replace CHN or JO. Right now with Lafai in we have 30, if CHN sticks around.

Go Dogs

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He walks straight in - way better then the the two we had in the centres on the weekend.

At least he can pop an offload...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven’t seen him play in a long time but he must be shit if he couldn’t get a start at dragons hope I’m wrong
He played the first two games, got injured then off field dramas. Lomax and Aitken have been good and hasn’t been able to get a start