Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couple of things I still want to see in the kid though... Never seen him in open space and never seen him pop over a field goal... Reckon he would slot one in from 40 hey.. lol

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought we would have had the season we had so far that he would be chosen..

I admit I was wrong on this occasion, but I still back my judgement based on his performances in Nsw Cup. He certainly didnt earn it on merit thats for sure. We ran out of troops. Kid took his chance and has taken it with both hands.

But good luck to the kid, has been a shining light in a shitty season.
Dumbest thing I've ever read on here

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dumbest thing I've ever read on here
Agreed Lewis earned his shot at FG that's for sure. But you have to understand Moey's always had a thing for Cleeland. :grinning: If anything I still applaud him for standing by his convictions.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many unknowns to make a call. Saw similar threads on Frawley.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Couple of things I still want to see in the kid though... Never seen him in open space and never seen him pop over a field goal... Reckon he would slot one in from 40 hey.. lol
Lachie has a massive boot on him.

A few months back he kicked a dropout and with a tailwind it went 65m on first bounce, ending up 70m down field.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

A few months back he kicked a dropout and with a tailwind it went 65m on first bounce, ending up 70m down field.
The best of this kid is yet to come, he has so much talent so glad we signed him up. next two years we will see him develop into a top class player other teams will fear.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have played our best footy since he came into grade and are showing signs we will be competitive in 2019.. the way he attacks in defence and puts a target on key players like Roberts, his sidelining of Ponga, and giving Pangai nothing is not 'basic football' always in the right spot to cover at the back also. Then there is his kicking game, he has time, length and accuracy, we have teams constantly coming out of a corner and bombs we can compete; can earn a repeat set too. The kid is going to be something special

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That will come, he is slowly getting better on certain things like his defence was always good. His kicks are getting longer and more accurate. Fifth tackle options he has taken control as we had nothing for the last few years. Waiting now for him to take the line on i know he lacks the speed but i think thats his next step. So good for him getting this chance in fg dosent matter with us with the comp now getting ready for next year.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LL is becoming one of my favourites, his kicking game last night was on point, best i've seen in a long time at the dogs
Our clubs poor kicking game has been killing our performances for years thank to the Fraudster, the team played well against the Bronks the other day, but it was Lewis's kicking game which made it possible.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because foran at his best is better than lewis. Club took a gamble on him but unfortunately his body failed again this year.
I'd bet that Foran's body will fail again next year.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SMH - Saturday 4 Aug 2018 (Adrian Proszenko)

Tyre power: How Lachlan Lewis stops big boppers in their tracks

The tackling technique Lachlan Lewis employs to stop rampaging forwards in their tracks was honed on rolling truck inner tubes as a kid.

Lewis has been a revelation for Canterbury, leading the side to a commanding victory over Brisbane on Thursday night in just his sixth game in the top grade.

While there were touches of his uncle, the Immortal Wally Lewis, in his performance with the ball, his work without it has been the most impressive aspect of his NRL stint to date.

The Broncos forwards, former Raiders teammate Tevita Pangai Junior in particular, attempted to target Lewis in the defensive line as often as possible. Despite a considerable weight disadvantage, the Bulldogs pivot pulled off a series of stinging hits.

On each occasion he timed his shot perfectly, displaying a textbook technique honed under the watchful eye of grandfather Jim Lewis from the age of five.

“When we were really little we didn't have too much money, so we used to roll out inflatable tyres, the inner ring, and you'd have to tackle with your head in the right spot,” Lewis said.

“It was like tackling a big boppa. You learn pretty quick that way.

“I think I owe a lot to that. And just mental toughness and willing to put my body on the line I guess. That was instilled in me at a young age.”

Now that he is in the NRL, Lewis has at his disposal all of Canterbury’s resources to take his game to the next level. However, the humble truck tube was all he needed as a youngster, even when it came to his attacking game.

“They'd be about three foot tall and you get the belly of them, the soft part, you roll that out and then we'd hang it up in the backyard and I'd have to pass through it,” he said.

“I did that until I was about 13.”

In his short career to date, much of the focus on Lewis has centred around the fact that his uncle was one of the greatest footballers the game has seen. While he is proud of the connection, he took the opportunity to thank the other relatives who had helped him on his sporting journey.

“That's one of the most humbling things out of the last six weeks,” he said.

“To be able call my grandparents and I would've missed two calls already [after the Brisbane game] from Jim and June Lewis – to be able to hear they've watched the game and think that I've played alright. Doing them proud is very humbling.
“It's a huge testament to my grandparents. They've bred four boys . . . there's definitely something in the genes. They're built tough. They don't complain too much and they've got plenty to complain about. They're hard nut people, but that's the most humbling thing for me.”

Lewis began the year unsure whether he would fulfil his footballing ambition. He had a “bad manager”, went unrepresented for a period but was determined to earn a first-grade spot and a contract.

After just a handful of NRL games, the Bulldogs had seen enough to offer him a two-year deal.

“It's a dream come true,” he said.

“I'm just trying to build each week, keep moving forward and not take a backward step. I'm resting on my defence and my kicking game, and just trying to keep improving my attack and taking those chances.”

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best thing about this kid is he has no fear. Watch our last couple of games and you will notice he has essentially taken 100% control of the team. He is into everything. Most kids can be almost anonymous at the start of their career but Lewis is running the show like a 100 game veteran.
He has confidence, he has guts, he has the goods.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid has confidence, like Martin and even Ogden they are made for FG. To'omaga has the potential to step up but I think he doesn't have the confidence yet to play FG judging from his few performances in FG. Maybe in time he will definitely has the potential.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a individual superstar... and probably will never be one. But either was Cooper Cronk... If he has the right temperament (Check) and has the right people around him who knows how good he could end up.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Best thing about this kid is he has no fear. Watch our last couple of games and you will notice he has essentially taken 100% control of the team. He is into everything. Most kids can be almost anonymous at the start of their career but Lewis is running the show like a 100 game veteran.
He has confidence, he has guts, he has the goods.
He has time too. Only a few players ever have that.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have liked the way lewis plays for ages and going to put it out there now he will become a bulldogs Superstar or Champion .i have no doubt in 12 months tk will go ballistic on this kid.
He is not a individual superstar... and probably will never be one. But either was Cooper Cronk... If he has the right temperament (Check) and has the right people around him who knows how good he could end up.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Actually it finished 83 meters down field, It totally blew my mind when I saw it. I still think about it today. It was 63 meters on the fly then it bounced a further 20 meters.

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually it finished 83 meters down field, I totally blew my mind when I saw it. I still think about it today.
Yeah i cant believe how far this kid can kick im hoping he gets better. Another talent he has

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any stats on how he is going with
Try
Try assist
Line breaks
Line breaks assist

Status
Not open for further replies.