Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonderful to see Lewis' spiral passes which will only get better moving forward, got a good north and south too which has been missing since Kieran has not played.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to hooker in 2019
Don't think Foran's got the defence for hooker.

He's been bagged for his time at NZ and Parra, but he started both those years well, especially at Parra where he was playing great before his troubles started with injuries and off field stuff. He's pretty young really and still knows how to play. Plenty of good halves have got slower and less athletic over their careers and learned how to still have an impact. No doubt he needs an occasional running game to keep defences guessing and create opportunities through the middle, but I'm hoping he plays less physical and more between the ears, and lets Lewis play both sides in attack. That's assuming he can stay fit which is the biggest question mark.

Malla

Reaction score

He's been bagged for his time at NZ and Parra, but he started both those years well, especially at Parra where he was playing great before his troubles started with injuries and off field stuff. He's pretty young really and still knows how to play. Plenty of good halves have got slower and less athletic over their careers and learned how to still have an impact. No doubt he needs an occasional running game to keep defences guessing and create opportunities through the middle, but I'm hoping he plays less physical and more between the ears, and lets Lewis play both sides in attack. That's assuming he can stay fit which is the biggest question mark.
I think he will! Will be a lot less pressure on him with Lewis there. Forans problem this season was he had no support from other halves and his body was just falling apart - hence the bad defence. To put it in perspective, look at what Lewis managed to do with Frawley - will only get better with Foran there.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Neither do I. i am just hoping that if Pay plays him at hooker he will just think "time to retire" and we get him off our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.