Opinion Kyle Flanagan needs to be dropped, Bring back Lewis

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be putting Avo in the centers and dropping Hop. Put Lewis with Flanno in halves. We need Center who can take on the defence with Cotric.
Id be trying this combination first.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine having 4 halves at the club and not a single one knows how to draw a defender in to give his outside man room.
It's pretty scary. Thankfully Burton is class and Rajab looks the goods even though he's a few years away.. But the depth needs to improve and Flanagan has to be moved on. I can't see him lasting another two years after this.. It's a shame Wakeham turned to shit as he was a solid junior.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if we had been just a little more patient. One more year of Lewis but we would have been front runners to sign A Reynolds

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick Politis' number should be blocked and deleted like a toxic ex. This guy hustles our club so fucking hard.

Just look at this list

Players we've gained from the Roosters since he took over
Danny Williams (Lol at this hustle job)
Sam Perrett (the standout player on this list)
Lloyd Perrett
Flanagan

Players they've nicked off us
Mason
O'Meley
Kouparitsas
Anasta
Myles
SBW
Charlie Tonga (k we tricked them here)

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is all on Baz and his obsession with Flanagan and trying to turn him into Cleary 2.0. Flanagan can't play on the ball, his decision making is awful and it's absolutely killing us. The best we have looked all season in when we play direct and Jake gets on the ball early and runs at defenders. Instead we revert back to this garbage with Flanagan playing slow, sideways and we create fuck all.
Do you think Flanagan is the reason we play side ways. Nothing to do with the middles not bending the line and providing quick play the balls. Also having a hooker that straightens the attack and brings the forwards on the ball. Slow service from the ruck is what is killing us. Dumb decisions arrive from panick and lack of time with space. It's a year of education for flanno and averillo. The best we can hope for is to avoid the spoon unfortunately.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have always had a soft spot for Lewis. I know there are others. I don't know what it is ? My feeling is it might be his defensive efforts. I think he does need to come in at the moment. He won't be at the dogs next year. But I hope he is picked up by someone and given a chance to show if he does have something to bring in the NRL. We have not been good for young players coming through the system. Might be the players but I think our below par side in general that has contributed.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Poor form ripping into the halves when the forwards are garbage.
Halves opportunities come from go forward which we don't have.
The worst blue and white pack I can remember, last year at least we had some heart.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan is the worst 7 in the game. No running game , no creativity. The bloke can't even get a repeat set. He will cost Barret his job. Said it from day one big mistake.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As shit as flanagan has been, lewis should never wear the seven Jersey at bulldogs ever again.

Wtf does wakeham have to do to get a go?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As shit as flanagan has been, lewis should never wear the seven Jersey at bulldogs ever again.

Wtf does wakeham have to do to get a go?
Not be worse than Flanagan and Lewis? I was hopeful for Wakeham but he's been horrible in Reserves and regressed since being a decent junior. The fact that he's so far behind average halves in Flanagan and Lewis says a lot about how bad Wakeham is.

Ideally Flanagan finds a new home next season if his dad gets hired somewhere and we can find a proper halves partner for Burton. Whether it's Averllo or someone else.. Luckily Burton is such a dominant half that we just need someone not to fuck up too badly as his halves partner...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always had a soft spot for Lewis. I know there are others. I don't know what it is ? My feeling is it might be his defensive efforts. I think he does need to come in at the moment. He won't be at the dogs next year. But I hope he is picked up by someone and given a chance to show if he does have something to bring in the NRL. We have not been good for young players coming through the system. Might be the players but I think our below par side in general that has contributed.
I think when he came into the first grade he felt like a star and you cannot question his commitment the side. I wonder how he would turn out with decent coaching and players.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not be worse than Flanagan and Lewis? I was hopeful for Wakeham but he's been horrible in Reserves and regressed since being a decent junior. The fact that he's so far behind average halves in Flanagan and Lewis says a lot about how bad Wakeham is.

Ideally Flanagan finds a new home next season if his dad gets hired somewhere and we can find a proper halves partner for Burton. Whether it's Averllo or someone else.. Luckily Burton is such a dominant half that we just need someone not to fuck up too badly as his halves partner...

While I agree he hasn't done much with the limited game time he has had previously, he looked OK in our only trial this year and hasn't been sighted since.

Besides, what do we have to lose, we're last, we can barely score points and aren't getting off the bottom anytime soon