Opinion Khaled Rajab

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cons on, bro. You can’t honestly tell me you think a bloke who played four games for the bulldogs cup side (none of them at halfback) is even an outside chance of taking Flano’s halfback spot next year. He gas one try assist in four cup games and people are picking him for first grade in the back of a performance against sn international side that would struggle to win a cup game. Some of these herpas think he’s a legitimate chance of playing 7 next year, but I know you’re smarter than that.

He may be a player of the future, but he is a long way off at the moment. And he’s not a halfback.
I think you have read Assassin's report card dead WRONG brah... lol
Flanno out any **** in just atm Rajab is looking fairly likely to be the one, if by some modern miracle your lovefest plays with substance steers the team well etc then all good, no-one but you sees it though man..if we aren't progressing due to a timid halfback with a poor kicking game we have to take a risk and try someone else..simples.

Also he may be raw but Khaled looks like a real Bulldog, bleeds blue and white and is a footy player no softness in this kid at all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we are in for a long season if all those 3 you mentioned are our best options
That's why they were trying to get Sullivan. We'll be in for a tough season if Flanagan plays every game. Hopefully Rajab has a good start to the season in Reserves and builds off the World Cup experience and can show some form to put pressure on to get a call up to FG. Because unless Gus pulls off a miracle signing, those will be the halves for next season and we have to make do with what we have.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I never said Rajab was the finished product or that he was ready for a full season of FG. But if Flanagan is still as bad as last year, and Rajab keeps improving and has a big offseason, then he may get games at some stage during the season... Whether it's because of injuries, form or suspension as he's the best backup half at the club at the moment. That's not an outrageous statement. Who else is there? BBO is injured. Hayward is as raw as Rajab.

You assuming Flanagan will play a full year of FG when he's been in Reserve Grade for different stints in each of his two seasons at the club is optimistic to say the least.
Lol Nah, you came at me trying to bait me by saying I said he was a career reserve grader (which I didn’t say) and suggested I would try to tear him down to defend Flanagan. I’m just pointing out they aren’t really in direct competition,

I’m also saying wait until he plays more than 4 games for our NSW Cup side…. And until he has played even a single game at halfback, before you get excited about him. He may develop into a good first grader in time, but develop is the key word there.

Flano has taken a major hit to his confidence over the past few years, but he showed signs of improvement last year and has more improvement in him if he’s placed in the right environment with the right coach. Dogs fans should be hoping he doesn’t go down injured, because he is by far our best option at halfback at the moment.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Got anyone else in mind then Steve? Surely your not team persevere with Flanagan?
definitely not, thats my point. flanagan is not the answer and the other boys are too young.
We need to find an experienced half on contract and get him across for 2 years to help burton and the 2 young fellas.
There is one i have in mind where the club needs to fit all there players in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think you have read Assassin's report card dead WRONG brah... lol
Flanno out any **** in just atm Rajab is looking fairly likely to be the one, if by some modern miracle your lovefest plays with substance steers the team well etc then all good, no-one but you sees it though man..if we aren't progressing due to a timid halfback with a poor kicking game we have to take a risk and try someone else..simples.

Also he may be raw but Khaled looks like a real Bulldog, bleeds blue and white and is a footy player no softness in this kid at all.
Rajab played four games for the dogs NSW cup side this year, bro…. None of them at halfback…. And you guys are touring him as a viable alternative to Flano as first grade halfback. That is straight up lunacy. If we threw Rajab in the deep end, the loons on here would turn on him within weeks, because he is just nowhere near first grade ready, at the moment.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rajab played four games for the dogs NSW cup side this year, bro…. None of them at halfback…. And you guys are touring him as a viable alternative to Flano as first grade halfback. That is straight up lunacy. If we threw Rajab in the deep end, the loons on here would turn on him within weeks, because he is just nowhere near first grade ready, at the moment.
He was very impressive today after being thrown into the deep end playing his first international vs Ireland in England, I think he would have impressed the only 2 top Dogs that matter.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was very impressive today after being thrown into the deep end playing his first international vs Ireland in England, I think he would have impressed the only 2 top Dogs that matter.
Good on him.
Overall the game was like a below average 'Knock on Effect' standard? Seems smart enough to keep learning and improving.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol Nah, you came at me trying to bait me by saying I said he was a career reserve grader (which I didn’t say) and suggested I would try to tear him down to defend Flanagan. I’m just pointing out they aren’t really in direct competition,

I’m also saying wait until he plays more than 4 games for our NSW Cup side…. And until he has played even a single game at halfback, before you get excited about him. He may develop into a good first grader in time, but develop is the key word there.

Flano has taken a major hit to his confidence over the past few years, but he showed signs of improvement last year and has more improvement in him if he’s placed in the right environment with the right coach. Dogs fans should be hoping he doesn’t go down injured, because he is by far our best option at halfback at the moment.
They are in direct competition though.. Burton has one halves spot locked down. People are excited about Rajab because he's a local junior and is one of our best prospects. And because he's the type of half that plays deep into the line which is one of Flanagan's biggest issues.

Most people acknowledge ideally Rajab would play more Reserves first. But maybe he'll improve a lot and take a lot of confidence out of the World Cup and hopefully come back a better player.

There's nothing wrong with competition for spots. Thankfully that seems like something Ciraldo firmly believes in too, which is a change from the previous coaches who picked their favourites and certain players regardless of form or bad effort.. Hopefully everyone has a big preseason and it brings out the best in the squad.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They are in direct competition though.. Burton has one halves spot locked down. People are excited about Rajab because he's a local junior and is one of our best prospects. And because he's the type of half that plays deep into the line which is one of Flanagan's biggest issues.

Most people acknowledge ideally Rajab would play more Reserves first. But maybe he'll improve a lot and take a lot of confidence out of the World Cup and hopefully come back a better player.

There's nothing wrong with competition for spots. Thankfully that seems like something Ciraldo firmly believes in too, which is a change from the previous coaches who picked their favourites and certain players regardless of form or bad effort.. Hopefully everyone has a big preseason and it brings out the best in the squad.
Bro, he was not even a first choice half for our primary Reggies team this year, he played only four games for us, and is not a halfback …. If you think he is going to challenge Flano gif the 7 jersey, you are deadset in Disneyland. You’d better hope Burto and Flano stay healthy nest year, because BBO is inured and our other options are way too green. I don’t care how good his preseason is, there is more chance of Flsno playing origin next year than Rajab starting for us as a first grade half, barring injuries.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was playing Ireland, who are not even NSW cup standard. But yeah, sure… he set it alight in his “international debut”.

Newsflash, bro. International footy is a joke. Even Wakeham looked like a world beater playing against minnows in international competition. Give the kid time. He may get there, but is not even close to ready.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro, he was not even a first choice half for our primary Reggies team this year, he played only four games for us, and is not a halfback …. If you think he is going to challenge Flano gif the 7 jersey, you are deadset in Disneyland. You’d better hope Burto and Flano stay healthy nest year, because BBO is inured and our other options are way too green. I don’t care how good his preseason is, there is more chance of Flsno playing origin next year than Rajab starting for us as a first grade half, barring injuries.
I won't bother wasting more time going back and forth. Namaste. Enjoy beating off to the loop of Flanagan's first half against Newcastle in the first game of 2021.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I won't bother wasting more time going back and forth. Namaste. Enjoy beating off to the loop of Flanagan's first half against Newcastle in the first game of 2021.
I think what you mean is you will back out of the debate you started because you have realised the absurdity of trying to claim a bloke who played four games of cup for our first choice reggies side in 2022 is a viable option at halfback for us next year. As I said, peak comedy, bro.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cons on, bro. You can’t honestly tell me you think a bloke who played four games for the bulldogs cup side (none of them at halfback) is even an outside chance of taking Flano’s halfback spot next year. He gas one try assist in four cup games and people are picking him for first grade in the back of a performance against sn international side that would struggle to win a cup game. Some of these herpas think he’s a legitimate chance of playing 7 next year, but I know you’re smarter than that.

He may be a player of the future, but he is a long way off at the moment. And he’s not a halfback.
I've explained it before bro...

Flamingo is that shit everyone else looks better than him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've explained it before bro...

Flamingo is that shit everyone else looks better than him.
Until whoever supposedly looks better than him is named in first grade…and then you all start ragging on them instead.

Love ya, dude…. But in no alternate reality is Rajab currently a better option at 7 than Flano. He wasn’t even a first choice half in cup this year and isn’t a halfback. We already have a running five eighth who kicks.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what you mean is you will back out of the debate you started because you have realised the absurdity of trying to claim a bloke who played four games of cup for our first choice reggies side in 2022 is a viable option at halfback for us next year. As I said, peak comedy, bro.
I watched flanno play cup when he was dropped (again) he was shit there to. Delusional like you to said he thought he had a great game hahaha was worst half on the field in both games I watched.

But like I said before I hope he comes good under new coach but I’m definitely not holding my breath.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Agree Once I was in a RUGBY pub the Jubilee hotel was owned by Chris Budda Handy, I went in for a piss and he was in the pisser,
I shouted out listen Budda when you come out of the pisser can you come over to my table and say Gday Benno nice to see you hear mate, can we have a beer later to impress my mates. He said yeh ok,
So he came out and came over very obliging and said Gday Benno nice to c you here etc,
I replied Piss OFF Buddha what do you want.
LMAOOOOO

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I watched flanno play cup when he was dropped (again) he was shit there to. Delusional like you to said he thought he had a great game hahaha was worst half on the field in both games I watched.

But like I said before I hope he comes good under new coach but I’m definitely not holding my breath.
if he was that bad, why was he brought into the first grade team? And why did he stay there all year? You’re essentially saying Gus knows nothing? Damn you hatters talk some shit. Lol