Opinion Khaled Rajab

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely, Gus might need to make some room in the top 30 I don't think he is in there atm?
I'm not sure. I don't think he is at this stage. I'm sure they'll get him in there otherwise they'll have to wait til round 13 or whatever it is when you don't have squad restrictions and can play more lower grade players.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid has done no harm to his chances in a look in for an NRL call up whilst representing lebanon.
Maybe raw for round 1 but he'll figure in the team through the course of next year.
Gus seems to think highly of him going off his tweets.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what players are in the top 30 that can play utility for Round 1. Rajab is not top 30. From what I can see Corey Allan maybe the only option. BBO was probably the obvious choice until he did his ACL. Those players signed to Development or Train & Trial can not play until later in the year.

I agree that Rajab has potential but at this stage that is all it is. His kicks are a little inconsistent, some of his bombs weren't deep enough. Has a decent running game, but comparing what he has done for Lebanon compared to what Wakeham did for Fiji before he made his First Grade debut, you would have to put him behind Wakeham at the same stage of development. Lets just hope he kicks on better than Wakeham.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I don't think he is at this stage. I'm sure they'll get him in there otherwise they'll have to wait til round 13 or whatever it is when you don't have squad restrictions and can play more lower grade players.
Rajab is talented but nowhere near ready, he should be given time to mature otherwise he will get destroyed in 1st grade,
I can't believe some of the people social media claiming racism,
The same People praising him now will criticise him if he fails !

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rajab has potential, from what im told he is down 4-5 spots down the pecking order and he has few other halves etc ahead of him

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love to know the 4 or so in front of him tbh?
I can't imagine that's actually still the case, going in to 2023. ZDC hasn't shown enough, Wakeham's contract isn't being renewed and Avo seems likely to stay in his current role, at least for now (and probably won't get another shot in the halves). Flanno is definitely ahead (only because he's the incumbent, imo). Burton's spot is set in stone. BBO is also likely ahead, based on experience. Only other player maybe in the running is Hayward but I doubt he's outranking Rajab.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, Khaled may be raw but with BBO out with an ACL he must be nearly 1st choice, don't think Hayward is going nearly as well for admittedly a shitty squad Scotland?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are funny us humans...
We choose to acknowledge and accept or disown people on basis of needs or approval,
A little funny story happend when we were at church one Sunday, a function was due to start at the church's hall after the service, my three years old daughter sneaked in and grabbed food off the table, the stringent lady in charge noticed looked around then asked my wife ,
Is this your child ?
The wife replied, NO I've never seen her before :fearscream: :tearsofjoy:
Agree Once I was in a RUGBY pub the Jubilee hotel was owned by Chris Budda Handy, I went in for a piss and he was in the pisser,
I shouted out listen Budda when you come out of the pisser can you come over to my table and say Gday Benno nice to see you hear mate, can we have a beer later to impress my mates. He said yeh ok,
So he came out and came over very obliging and said Gday Benno nice to c you here etc,
I replied Piss OFF Buddha what do you want.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun said Rajab is a career Reserve Grader. Can't wait for him to come into this thread and shit all over a good prospect in Rajab that can dig into the line and attract defenders just so he can stick up for Flanagan.
Show me where I said that. I said he’s a tear or two off being a genuine first grade prospect and antibody with their head screwed on their shoulders knows that to be true. He played four times for the bulldogs cup team (none of those games at halfback) and you think he’s taking Flano’s spot. Peak comedy, bro

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Show me where I said that. I said he’s a tear or two off being a genuine first grade prospect and antibody with their head screwed on their shoulders knows that to be true. He played four times for the bulldogs cup team (none of those games at halfback) and you think he’s taking Flano’s spot. Peak comedy, bro
Cry now
Play later

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot, Flanagan will be halfback for the next 8 years and is the perfect player that has no flaws. My mistake. Flanagan will take surrender tackles for 4 metre losses and inside ball us to a Premiership

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cry now
Play later
If’s you guys who are doing the crying because it’s defining apparent that the ‘gun will be our halfback next year. Rajab played four games for the bulldogs cup team all year, and people think he’s a legitimate chance if snatching the 7 jersey next year because he had a good showing against a NSW cup standard international team. You’re such herpas lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flannawho?
Cons on, bro. You can’t honestly tell me you think a bloke who played four games for the bulldogs cup side (none of them at halfback) is even an outside chance of taking Flano’s halfback spot next year. He gas one try assist in four cup games and people are picking him for first grade in the back of a performance against sn international side that would struggle to win a cup game. Some of these herpas think he’s a legitimate chance of playing 7 next year, but I know you’re smarter than that.

He may be a player of the future, but he is a long way off at the moment. And he’s not a halfback.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot, Flanagan will be halfback for the next 8 years and is the perfect player that has no flaws. My mistake. Flanagan will take surrender tackles for 4 metre losses and inside ball us to a Premiership
Lol well he will definitely be our halfback next year , you can count on that. I can’t believe you lot are getting so desperate to see him gone that you think we’re picking a bloke who was not even a first choice NSW cup half this year over him. It’s hilarious.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol well he will definitely be our halfback next year , you can count on that. I can’t believe you lot are getting so desperate to see him gone that you think we’re picking a bloke who was not even a first choice NSW cup half this year over him. It’s hilarious.
I never said Rajab was the finished product or that he was ready for a full season of FG. But if Flanagan is still as bad as last year, and Rajab keeps improving and has a big offseason, then he may get games at some stage during the season... Whether it's because of injuries, form or suspension as he's the best backup half at the club at the moment. That's not an outrageous statement. Who else is there? BBO is injured. Hayward is as raw as Rajab.

You assuming Flanagan will play a full year of FG when he's been in Reserve Grade for different stints in each of his two seasons at the club is optimistic to say the least.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I never said Rajab was the finished product or that he was ready for a full season of FG. But if Flanagan is still as bad as last year, and Rajab keeps improving and has a big offseason, then he may get games at some stage during the season... Whether it's because of injuries, form or suspension as he's the best backup half at the club at the moment. That's not an outrageous statement. Who else is there? BBO is injured. Hayward is as raw as Rajab.

You assuming Flanagan will play a full year of FG when he's been in Reserve Grade for different stints in each of his two seasons at the club is optimistic to say the least.
we are in for a long season if all those 3 you mentioned are our best options