Kennel Battlefield 1 Squad?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The multiplayer is the only thing holding me back from getting COD WW2. The standard mode looks like the usual basic deathmatch. The war mode looks alright but from what I've heard there's only 3 maps and they're completely linear so it's just a push forward/push back thing.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah at this stage. I like Hardcore though, so I might give it a try. My kids are playing it more though haha

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys had a go at Multi player on COD last night. Not too bad. Worth a crack I reckon.
Played the Campaign with my young fella a bit too over the weekend, i like it better than the BF1 Campaign.
Still have the BS Quick scope Sniper shots though in Multi Player.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys had a go at Multi player on COD last night. Not too bad. Worth a crack I reckon.
Played the Campaign with my young fella a bit too over the weekend, i like it better than the BF1 Campaign.
Still have the BS Quick scope Sniper shots though in Multi Player.
Been playing singleplayer a bit on PC. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Singleplayer is alright. I enjoy the character interactions and stuff but it does get a bit bog standard. Starts to feel like every game I've played before when I keep killing waves of the same Germans. It all feels a bit too arcadey and a bit too cheap and the story line isn't new enough to keep me playing.

I'll give them one thing though, the scenes can be quite amazing. Driving along in the tanks as the planes go overhead then the bombers blowing up the tank in front of you. That feels great, then you run out there and start fighting with weapons that have no weight to them, a lot of the time you don't notice that you're almost out of health 'cause there's not much feedback when getting hit, and don't get me started on my bullets not being able to pass through a single strand of hay but they can shoot me without aiming at me. It has potential but it still just feels like every other Call of Duty released in the past decade. Simple arcade gunplay. I'll still play through it though.

I'm one of those rare people that actually prefer COD with the futuristic stuff. The last COD was alright as it mixed up stuff with the VTOLs but it was still lacking a bit. But Blops 3 was excellent. Wall running and fast paced combat. COD has always been an arcade game so they took that arcade aspect and ran with it and it was fun. Played like a slower version of Titanfall. Unfortunately everyone complained that it wasn't WW2 so they made WW2.

I think WW2 is done for COD. They've moved past that and they can't do it well anymore. They should focus on making futuristic arcade games and leave the gritty real war games to companies that want to make it difficult and somewhat more realistic.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been playing singleplayer a bit on PC. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Singleplayer is alright. I enjoy the character interactions and stuff but it does get a bit bog standard. Starts to feel like every game I've played before when I keep killing waves of the same Germans. It all feels a bit too arcadey and a bit too cheap and the story line isn't new enough to keep me playing.

I'll give them one thing though, the scenes can be quite amazing. Driving along in the tanks as the planes go overhead then the bombers blowing up the tank in front of you. That feels great, then you run out there and start fighting with weapons that have no weight to them, a lot of the time you don't notice that you're almost out of health 'cause there's not much feedback when getting hit, and don't get me started on my bullets not being able to pass through a single strand of hay but they can shoot me without aiming at me. It has potential but it still just feels like every other Call of Duty released in the past decade. Simple arcade gunplay. I'll still play through it though.

I'm one of those rare people that actually prefer COD with the futuristic stuff. The last COD was alright as it mixed up stuff with the VTOLs but it was still lacking a bit. But Blops 3 was excellent. Wall running and fast paced combat. COD has always been an arcade game so they took that arcade aspect and ran with it and it was fun. Played like a slower version of Titanfall. Unfortunately everyone complained that it wasn't WW2 so they made WW2.

I think WW2 is done for COD. They've moved past that and they can't do it well anymore. They should focus on making futuristic arcade games and leave the gritty real war games to companies that want to make it difficult and somewhat more realistic.
What I want is Desert Storm or something like that. I liked th MOdern Warefare 4 was one of the better ones. Vietnam, i dunno something. But YEah I like the older ones not futuristic like you do haha.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What I want is Desert Storm or something like that. I liked th MOdern Warefare 4 was one of the better ones. Vietnam, i dunno something. But YEah I like the older ones not futuristic like you do haha.
Vietnam is a great setting. It has always been a technical difficulty but I think we're at the stage now where it could be done well.

Battlefield Vietnam was a great game as was Vietcong. Vietcong was tough though. They replicated the traps in Vietnam. You would spend most of your time staring at the ground looking for traps then wouldn't notice the VC in the trees. Worked really well.

COD: World at War and Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault did a similar thing with their pacific campaigns that worked really well. World at War was probably my favourite COD.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Finally starting to get things setup :D .. need to completely reconfig my amp and everything though as speaker setup has changed significantly between houses. Finally a place where I can have a proper HT setup (well almost).

vinnie05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Played through Wolfenstein 2. Great game. Hell of a lot of fun. You really need to play through the first game though or it won't make much sense.
Yeah I'v played through 'New Order' but haven't played the prequel 'Old Blood' so it should be fine.

The two pack is only $20 atm so I might jump on that as well :P

kingroose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Played through Wolfenstein 2. Great game. Hell of a lot of fun. You really need to play through the first game though or it won't make much sense.
Can't be stuffed... i'll just play this and assume the Nazis did something bad in the first one.

Here is all of the ones on sale (US prices but on sale in AU also)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GreatXboxD...17_xbox_store_black_friday_digital_sale_xbox/
Might pick up Mafia III and/or South Park.

Anyone on here have R6: Siege?

vinnie05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone on here have R6: Siege?
Yeah I do, I suck at it though.. funny thing, playing multiplayer for the first time I didn't realize you could shoot the other players, accidently shoot a guy, didn't kill him so he turns around and kills me, then the next match, then the next match.. I re-matched up after the third time :grinning: