Kennel Battlefield 1 Squad?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'v played through 'New Order' but haven't played the prequel 'Old Blood' so it should be fine.

The two pack is only $20 atm so I might jump on that as well :P
All good. You don't need Old Blood, but Wolfy 2 literally starts the second Wolfenstein 1 ends.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't be stuffed... i'll just play this and assume the Nazis did something bad in the first one.
All you need to know is that many Nazis died, Nazis won WW2 and currently control most of the world, the main bad guy (or in this case, bad girl) has a messed up face thanks to Blaskowitz almost killing her. And Blaskowitz basically died at the end of the first game. Except he didn't quite die as you find out at the start of this game.

Might pick up Mafia III and/or South Park.

Anyone on here have R6: Siege?
Yep. Haven't played much on Xbone but I have it on Xbone and I've played about 300 hours on Pc.

Takes a while to play through the single player missions but that teaches you a lot of what you need to know. I'd also suggest watching YouTube videos. There's a few decent instructional videos. It's not overly difficult in multiplayer but you need to know the basics so you don't trip a bomb and get everyone killed.

Great game though. One of my favourite multiplayer games.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I do, I suck at it though.. funny thing, playing multiplayer for the first time I didn't realize you could shoot the other players, accidently shoot a guy, didn't kill him so he turns around and kills me, then the next match, then the next match.. I re-matched up after the third time :grinning:
Team killing does happen quite often. Oddly enough I noticed it happens a lot more on Xbone but I haven't played it that much yet on Xbone.

On Pc it's great. If you play casual instead of competitive it's basically like playing Battlefield with our group. Just cracking jokes with random strangers. It's the best part of the game. Really friendly community on Pc ad well. No one shit talks each other. They just crack jokes while semi-coordinating.

kingroose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Team killing does happen quite often. Oddly enough I noticed it happens a lot more on Xbone but I haven't played it that much yet on Xbone.

On Pc it's great. If you play casual instead of competitive it's basically like playing Battlefield with our group. Just cracking jokes with random strangers. It's the best part of the game. Really friendly community on Pc ad well. No one shit talks each other. They just crack jokes while semi-coordinating.
Sounds great! get it @chris_e_fresh and we'll have a crack. You can teach us Hacky to learn the ropes... fuck watching youtube vids, do i look 7?? (don't answer that, i kinda do)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds great! get it @chris_e_fresh and we'll have a crack. You can teach us Hacky to learn the ropes... fuck watching youtube vids, do i look 7?? (don't answer that, i kinda do)
There's a lot of tricks to it but here's some of the basics:

- Good headphones make a big difference. I get many kills by listening for foot steps then shooting someone through the wall

- Unless you're using a shotgun, always aim down sights. There's a big difference in the fire spray pattern

- Pistols are really good. They're very agile. Obviously the low rate of fire is a problem but I've taken out a whole team with a pistol many times. A single headshot will kill anyone, that includes pistols

- If the wall looks breakable, don't stand near it. Bullets go through walls. So do breaching charges and they'll mess you up

- Murder holes are good. Either punch or shoot a small hole in the wall then use that to shoot the enemy. They can still kill you by shooting through the wall but they can't see you properly and the wall will slow down the bullets which does less damage to you

- If you see something come through the wall or roof, shoot it. This is obvious for a person but often you'll see just a little hinge stick through a wall. You can also listen and hear someone place something on a wall. It'll either be a breaching charge or a grenade launcher. In either case shooting it destroys it before they can use it, and often it results in you killing the guy trying to plant the device

- Barb wire slows you down. Meleeing it 3 times will destroy it

- Watch your feet. A bear trap on the ground will incapacitate you

- Don't get fooled by explosives. If you see a red line on a door then it's a trap. Shoot either side of the door to destroy the explosive. If you hear a beeping noise it means that a remote bomb is nearby. Shoot it or get away from it before they set it off

- While defending, roaming is fun. It's a bit of a more advanced tactic but one defender will often run off and find somewhere to hide. The attacking team is so focused on getting to the point that they often don't notice someone sneaking up behind them

- If you see a drone, shoot it. The drones can be used to pin point your position allowing a skilled team to shoot you through the wall. It also gives away the location of the bomb/hostage to the other team

- If you're attacking, shoot cameras. The defenders will use them to spot you and make you an easy target

- Use distraction team tactics. If you know where the enemy is one handy trick is to get someone to shoot through a window or door on the other side of the room. Most teams will be stupid enough to all look where the bullets came from which gives your team a chance to breach from the other side and quickly take out the enemy. This also works well for breaching charges. Placing two breaching charges then setting off one before the other causes confusion

- Don't use explosives including grenades on a hostage stage unless you know what you're doing. You'd be surprised how often you fail because some noob threw a grenade at the hostage (either side killing the hostage is an automatic loss for that team)

- Don't focus on the objective. The objective is usually to plant a bomb at one of 2 sites that are close together, or to get a hostage out. 1 out of every 20 games someone will plant the bomb or save the hostage. The other 19 games the team will win by killing the other team. It works well if the team is distracted or pinned down and you can sneakily plant the bomb or take the hostage, but most of the time you just kill the other team and you win

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the most important point:

- always aim for the head. A single headshot will kill but it can take 10-15 body shots to kill

And for a bit of fun, if you injure a player don't kill them immediately. They make good bait. When you're down all you can do is slow the bleeding or slowly drag yourself. Another player needs to get you up. Often another player will run in to save the downed player giving you two easy kills.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here ya go King. A quick R6 tutorial that also swears at you a lot

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
R6 on PC is cheap as chips (as is Ghost Recon Wildlands) at EB Games sale.
R6 is cheap on everything right now. It's on sale on PC, Xbone and PS4. Well worth it. One of my favourite games.