Kayo sports Price raise

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching an indigenous vs maori mini game now. yeah bby

Signed up for the deal I mentioned before.. Foxtel Now $59 for all channels for 12 months, with the first 10 days free. Glad for that little trial period, because I was worried when I first started streaming from the Foxtel go app on my iPad to the Apple TV. It was blurry, but either the net kicked in or one of the devices figured shit out, because it’s looking good now. But will be good to see how it goes over a week. If there’s too many outages, I’ll cancel. I hope not though, because I love this way of streaming sports. No shitty Kayo app. You cast from the Foxtel Go app, which is much better. You can at least see “channels” and what’s on live. Much easier to navigate.

The only downside I can see with Foxtel Now (besides the high cost) is that it’s internet based, so without a good, stable connection it may be a bad option. I’ve got Starlink though and it works very well usually.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think Foxtel is dying (and they know it) due to all the streaming services being way cheaper and the convenience of watching what you want when you want. When they launched that remote a couple of years ago that had the remote a few years ago that had the Netflix button on it, that was a desperate attempt to try and get people to stay.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Foxtel is dying (and they know it) due to all the streaming services being way cheaper and the convenience of watching what you want when you want. When they launched that remote a couple of years ago that had the remote a few years ago that had the Netflix button on it, that was a desperate attempt to try and get people to stay.
Foxtel you can watch what you want when you want as well mate get with the times. There’s no NRL on Netflix

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So are kayo showing our pre season games? Umming and arring about restarting kayo early. Otherwise will wait till March

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Signed up for the deal I mentioned before.. Foxtel Now $59 for all channels for 12 months, with the first 10 days free. Glad for that little trial period, because I was worried when I first started streaming from the Foxtel go app on my iPad to the Apple TV. It was blurry, but either the net kicked in or one of the devices figured shit out, because it’s looking good now. But will be good to see how it goes over a week. If there’s too many outages, I’ll cancel. I hope not though, because I love this way of streaming sports. No shitty Kayo app. You cast from the Foxtel Go app, which is much better. You can at least see “channels” and what’s on live. Much easier to navigate.

The only downside I can see with Foxtel Now (besides the high cost) is that it’s internet based, so without a good, stable connection it may be a bad option. I’ve got Starlink though and it works very well usually.
Not bad for foxtel. I have a fetch box. So can get all the other cable channels fox have on that for $20 pm ($6 each for channel packs, or all 4 packs for $20 gives u all channels). But it doesnt have the sports channels so need kayo. Kayo plus fetch is $45 a month so cheaper for same thing as foxtel.

I was paying $80+ a month for the works when i last had foxtel 10 years ago. And had to get dishes fitted every time i moved. And pay to get extra foxtel points put in if i wanted it in a bedroom too. Is foxtel internet based now or still satellite? Havent checked for a long time

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Works great on a pc in a web browser. Pcs can be plugged into tvs. But i have a bigass gaming monitor instead. Never tried the app

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was going to get Kayo again in the next few days but my in laws have a Foxtel Go slot we can use..

Problem is for someone reason you can't use Foxtel Go on through the app on Apple TV.. We don't have a Smart TV, which is why we use Apple TV..

Has anyone had this problem or know a way around it? Seems stupid that you can watch it on certain TVs but not through Apple TV..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kayo just messaged me telling me to reactivate and they didn't offer any sort of discount so that pissed me off and I'm no longer reactivating.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was going to get Kayo again in the next few days but my in laws have a Foxtel Go slot we can use..

Problem is for someone reason you can't use Foxtel Go on through the app on Apple TV.. We don't have a Smart TV, which is why we use Apple TV..

Has anyone had this problem or know a way around it? Seems stupid that you can watch it on certain TVs but not through Apple TV..
just buy a connector if you have a older TV or can you cast it?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kayo just messaged me telling me to reactivate and they didn't offer any sort of discount so that pissed me off and I'm no longer reactivating.
Like most businesses they do more offers for first time customers. I also didnt get any offers and its my 3rd year. But still getting it because hey, its still worth it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad for foxtel. I have a fetch box. So can get all the other cable channels fox have on that for $20 pm ($6 each for channel packs, or all 4 packs for $20 gives u all channels). But it doesnt have the sports channels so need kayo. Kayo plus fetch is $45 a month so cheaper for same thing as foxtel.

I was paying $80+ a month for the works when i last had foxtel 10 years ago. And had to get dishes fitted every time i moved. And pay to get extra foxtel points put in if i wanted it in a bedroom too. Is foxtel internet based now or still satellite? Havent checked for a long time
Hmm, I’ll have to look into fetch. Main reason I decided to sign up today was the 10 day trial (so can watch trials lol) and if I do decide to keep it, I can use it instead of cable Foxtel, which I share with some family in Sydney. They have the IQ box and I can watch using Foxtel Go. I only just discovered they now have made casting to TV free, and it’s easy. It’s worked very well actually since I’ve been doing that (around a week). It doesn’t drop out like can often happen when casting with airplay. It depends on the service e.g: I can watch Facebook videos (for junior games etc) via my Apple TV, but cannot use the iPad for anything while doing so. Whereas I’ve found that Foxtel Go is excellent, because once you play and cast it, it just plays as if it was traditional TV and I can still use my iPad. FG doesn’t need to be an open window so to speak.

Anyway, I’ll have to look into fetch to see if it’s a better option. My only concern is I’m already expecting my old man to protest, because he knows how to work the IQ box he has and likes to record his series, so convincing him to use any streaming service for everything will be tough.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just need a phone or tablet that you can get the app on. I cast Foxtel Go from iPad to Apple TV. No iOS device will make it more difficult though. Edit: Buying a chrome cast might be easier? They’re under $100 last I looked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is so good damn arse on my TV ffs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Google TV. $50 from Office Works & it has all the apps on it.