Opinion Kayo- poor quality

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with kayo ? Glitchy, drops out and buffers all the time.
This whole year it’s been much worse than last season.
Anyone having similar issues?
yes I have to refresh the site 3 to 4 times just to get it to load the stream.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If you have another device that you can run through your tv (playstation, xbox etc) try running Kayo through that. Kayo has been worse this year but it can help if you run through something with a more powerful processor.
Same goes for other apps you're having trouble with.
Amazon prime is basically unusable on my TV and it's either processor or incompatibility idk but I never have half as many problems running streaming services through playstation and it solves it in most cases

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
9 out of 10 times it’s the location the stream
Is coming from, jump in and out until you get Cloudfront.

you can check for it by scrolling down, diagnostic and checking what the CDN is. You don’t even to do that either, if the quality looks good as soon as you’re in that’s likely it.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your internet speed will also affect quality.

Higher speed your plan better your streaming services are.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I droped it had to keep rebooting it during the game, back to the more expensive Fox now..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kayo has fucked up a bunch for me in past years but I haven't had any issues so far this year..

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mine has been glitching this year depending which tv I’m using it through

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Native app has truly gone down hill, takes ages to access a stream / event then I have to restart as it says there a problem retrieving the stream.... The mother farkers can't maintain a stable app...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter how fast your connection is the most popular being a 50/20 is more than enough heck a 20/5 will do the job too.

Device wise I have them all, CC, Apple TV, shield, kodi.. you name it.

All issues come down to a local connection (bad wifi/flooded or a poor internet connection) or Kayo and the service they provide. Always go off the live channel and not selecting the game you want to watch. You can access the live channel by scrolling up until the list comes up, you need to be slow as it can run pass it and you won't even see it.

Drops in quality are server/CDN based and you want to go in and go out until you get a quality image from the get go, Kayo will always blame the user for the issues and never admit the problem is on their end like it is 99% of the time.

Something new I have experienced this season is on a Super Saturday when I'm streaming from early on during a break between games the picture freezes and random commentary starts from a game a week back and this has happened every Saturday so far.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mine has been playing up since Christmas, or thereabouts. It is fine watching ESL in the middle of the night, and terrible between 7.00 and 9.00 AM and 4.00 to 6.00 PM. I think Optus have sold more packages in my area than their NBN allocation can handle. I have complained and their response is to switch to a more expensive plan.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mine has been playing up since Christmas, or thereabouts. It is fine watching ESL in the middle of the night, and terrible between 7.00 and 9.00 AM and 4.00 to 6.00 PM. I think Optus have sold more packages in my area than their NBN allocation can handle. I have complained and their response is to switch to a more expensive plan.
Switch to a better provider who doesn't oversell, a cheaper option is Extel or if you want a great Australian based one Aussie Broadband.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very happy with Kayo at present. I cancelled the service last year, and I still have it. It won't let me sign into my account, so I can't do anything about the fact that I am getting Kayo for free.

I have fibre to the premises, so no issue with dropping out, but it sometimes wants me to watch a game from the start, instead of from live, so I have to quit and go back in to wake it up.