Opinion Karl Oloapu

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, be bought him cause he’s a gun… but he’ll never be a 7. Lucky we have the ‘gun
He could be a 7 if he doesn't keep growing or Burton might end up there which I don't think Burton would be too happy about actually. Unless Flano has an exceptional season I can't see us re-signing him. He's doing the right things though. I've read he was playing some touch footy in the off-season (Joel Cain was calling for this the other day obviously unaware). He's staying back doing extras (kicking) at training apparently and one of the best trainers so here's hoping he comes good. I wish he had the chance to play even more touch footy. Would have been more good education for him to play more eyes up footy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He could be a 7 if he doesn't keep growing or Burton might end up there which I don't think Burton would be too happy about actually. Unless Flano has an exceptional season I can't see us re-signing him. He's doing the right things though. I've read he was playing some touch footy in the off-season (Joel Cain was calling for this the other day obviously unaware). He's staying back doing extras (kicking) at training apparently and one of the best trainers so here's hoping he comes good. I wish he had the chance to play even more touch footy. Would have been more good education for him to play more eyes up footy.
Honestly, I see Oloapu more as a five eighth or lock based on his body type and highlights packages. Running seems to be his strength, so he may be more suited to lock in our team....we need a genuine organiser. That's not to say it will be Flanno, but one way or the other, I'm not sure our search for a halfback is over. Still hope the murmurs about how well the 'gun has been training prove to be true and he can stake a claim for an extension, baby!

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone got info on how Olapah played over weekend? Obviously didn’t feature against the the raiders but surely he played some footy?? Would love to know the plan there with blooding in nsw cup and getting him ready for NRL

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we are resting him for a lot of these trials

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think we are resting him for a lot of these trials
There are NRL rules that a player needs a minimum of 4 weeks training. Not sure what he was doing at the Broncs, only been with us about 2 weeks. Should be right by RD 1.

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
There are NRL rules that a player needs a minimum of 4 weeks training. Not sure what he was doing at the Broncs, only been with us about 2 weeks. Should be right by RD 1.
Ok cheers! How’s the poor tigers from then in having Bateman finally arrive from the UK and then seeing him sit 4 weeks out. Toughest gig in the league being a tigers supporter

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok cheers! How’s the poor tigers from then in having Bateman finally arrive from the UK and then seeing him sit 4 weeks out. Toughest gig in the league being a tigers supporter
Bateman is training in UK to Sheens instructions so will be right to go once he arrives.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No size limits on halves as long as he can maintain pace and agility

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Abit of a joke doggies paid 500k,yes I watched some of his highlights, most of his opponents where arm grabbing him,did the odd good pass

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's he using to practise plays, carboard cut outs of Brooks and Doueihi?

Always a Bulldog
We will continue to discuss Tim's training videos further at the AGM on Sunday, cheers

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Oloapu playing in any games this weekend ?? . . . It would be good to see him play