Josh Reynolds opens up about what it is like to be coached by Ivan Cleary after Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tas Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He really does need to get over it. But i wont criticise the guy too much. People need to realise that the "journalists"/fucking hacks ask the questions and write the articles while choosing the quotes they want to use. He is just answering questions, and by the sound of it he is kind of trying to be as vague as possible. Its just a pain in the ass that these hacks keep trying to push the same fucking questions.
The horse is already dead!
Excellent point. People need to realise how manipulative the media can be. The interview was probably sold to Reynolds as an opportunity to talk about his new club when the real agenda was an anti-Dogs article, a vastly more interesting and emotive story. The author would have known that a pro Tigers story would get a lot less hits than an anti-Dogs one. The reactions on here prove he was right.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some are happy. some are sad that he is gone but honestly it was not as if we did not offer him anything; Tigers offered a bonanza and he took it. End of story. Many would like to say he was forced out, others say he left for a better deal.
Time will tell whether or not Tigers are getting value for money, we need to move on. 2018 is here and Josh is no longer with us, we need to concentrate on supporting those at the club, not those elsewhere.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So how many rounds until he snaps under pressure again with one or multiple brain explosions in a match and gets suspended?

I think every game where he was put under pressure he snapped and then we'd have him talking to some journo again about how he realises now he needs to grow up and be more responsible etc etc etc.....yawn

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"“I hate playing a victim,” he said.

“I really don’t like people who play the victim."

*Plays victim*

Reynolds simply wasn't up to scratch for a first grade half in a team wanting to be serious challenges.

Tigers were more desperate for players than the Dogs, so they paid (arguably) above market for him.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Man he ‘trippin ‘

Also his fav lines are

‘ I’m not going to lie’

‘I won’t lie’

‘I honestly can say’

Shaarduppp
Whenever somebody starts with those lines, it means they are lying...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reynolds career has been saved by the fact you can't get suspended for tripping anymore.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let him keep bagging his old club, that way our lads will smash him harder in round 12

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dogs offered you a contract but you got greedy and wanted well above your market value, a value the Dogs were not prepared to meet. Tigers (being the blind fools they are), got desperate and offered you the money you wanted, rather than the amount you are worth.

Reynolds is going to look like a real dickhead shooting his mouth off when it's mid season and he's been a complete and utter flop.

The bloke has passion, that's it. He can't organise a side, and his performances are inconsistent (and that's being kind).
Well said, But for 950 thousand dollars double his worth I would have left too

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dogs fans have no idear,if he was still at the doggies they’d love him, geez I hope Pay wins a few early or they’ll want to punt him
What club do you go for?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"“I hate playing a victim,” he said.

“I really don’t like people who play the victim."

*Plays victim*

Reynolds simply wasn't up to scratch for a first grade half in a team wanting to be serious challenges.

Tigers were more desperate for players than the Dogs, so they paid (arguably) above market for him.
From what the roosters (uncle Nick) says about paying Cronk, Reynolds is on more money than him!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just glad another team has invested so much in a half who can't kick, pass, tackle, and will run sideways across his outside backs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Meh, just concentrate on your new club mate. Heart of Phar Lap but 3 good games a year isn't good enough sorry.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Excellent point. People need to realise how manipulative the media can be. The interview was probably sold to Reynolds as an opportunity to talk about his new club when the real agenda was an anti-Dogs article, a vastly more interesting and emotive story. The author would have known that a pro Tigers story would get a lot less hits than an anti-Dogs one. The reactions on here prove he was right.
Exactly.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Tiger mates are loving him, but I feel they are trying to over compensate for the fact we got Woods off them. I can't wait for his first trip suspension. lolz

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some are happy. some are sad that he is gone but honestly it was not as if we did not offer him anything; Tigers offered a bonanza and he took it. End of story. Many would like to say he was forced out, others say he left for a better deal.
Time will tell whether or not Tigers are getting value for money, we need to move on. 2018 is here and Josh is no longer with us, we need to concentrate on supporting those at the club, not those elsewhere.
Paul Kent summed it up well
Reynolds was in the right moment at the right time
Tigers first signing after the loss of the big 3 was always going to be a “massive overs” signing.
They needed a scalp and through the sink at Reynolds
Good luck to him
Hope we tear him apart when we play them

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds seems to have divided the opinions on here about him. I think a lot of the blame for his indiscretions can lay at the feet of the coaching staff.
Reynolds seemed to be playing to directions. That plan did not suit his game. He was further ruined by James Graham being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I think he will improve now he is being coached properly.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So how many rounds until he snaps under pressure again with one or multiple brain explosions in a match and gets suspended?

I think every game where he was put under pressure he snapped and then we'd have him talking to some journo again about how he realises now he needs to grow up and be more responsible etc etc etc.....yawn
Round 12 I would think

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swapping Reynolds for Foran was the right call
Only if Foran’s fitness and mindset is in the right place. In any case Reynolds should make himself a promise...... no more mentioning his former club in anymore interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.