Josh Reynolds opens up about what it is like to be coached by Ivan Cleary after Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a lot of salty commentary going on.

I see deja vu with Mick Ennis who was labeled too old, gives away too many penalties, takes too long to pass the ball and so on and so on. Nek minute he is a premiership winner at Cronulla, not that Reynolds will be winning one with that Tigers squad.

He must of done something right to win a SOO series and play in 2 GF's, but maybe the teams he was playing in was just carrying him?

2012 & 2014 was a spine on budget money, and we will see what the multi-million-pin up spine has to offer. (Hopefully a premiership)

Hope the Dogs flog the Tigers by 50 and rub it into Reynolds, but i reckon we have by far the most hypocritical fans in the league that comes down to today's millenials.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if Foran’s fitness and mindset is in the right place. In any case Reynolds should make himself a promise...... no more mentioning his former club in anymore interviews.
Think someone dug up some stats from last year... I think Foran playing half the games of Reynolds showed he had more or at least the same try assists etc.

So Foran doesn’t even have to be 100% and we already have a better deal.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs fans have no idear,if he was still at the doggies they’d love him, geez I hope Pay wins a few early or they’ll want to punt him
We have no IDEAR?????? Lol you have to be a Tigers fan lol

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically the best games Reynolds had were when playing against Foran. I have no doubts he’ll be mediocre all year except when he plays us.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ironically the best games Reynolds had were when playing against Foran. I have no doubts he’ll be mediocre all year except when he plays us.
I agree, I expect him to be totally SHIT when he plays against us.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In hindsight, we should have let this whinny bitch go long ago and pursued someone else.

Off topic, if dean pay was coach when Jonathan Thurston came down south to potentially sign with us, do y’all think he would have beens more likely to sign? Or was he always going to sign with cowboys? Mes just thinkings too myselfie aloud.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality of the situation is Josh was worth $350k a year and Wests offer a gold lotto win $800k a season. What irks me is old joshy boy is twisting the tale to be about how he bled blue & white and how he wanted to stay but was "forced" to sign a contract with Wests. No mate. You went because $'s from heaven were raining down on you mate. Enjoy the cash but don't spin shit about why you left. Just makes you looks shallow man.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
A wonderful kid with a heart of gold who cannot focus consistently - sometimes his instinct and impulse combine to create magic moments that are undermined with disorganisation and overthinking impulsive moments that hurt the team. What do you do when he is only consistent in this way and offers individual brilliance rather than team synergy? I hated seeing him go but part of me felt relief that the roller coaster ride was going to end. We just needed players that were steady and strategic with flare to complement. Flaky flare is so annoying to persist with!

N

Natboy

The reality of the situation is Josh was worth $350k a year and Wests offer a gold lotto win $800k a season. What irks me is old joshy boy is twisting the tale to be about how he bled blue & white and how he wanted to stay but was "forced" to sign a contract with Wests. No mate. You went because $'s from heaven were raining down on you mate. Enjoy the cash but don't spin shit about why you left. Just makes you looks shallow man.
I don’t blame him and i’d do the same in that position

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that brad fittler des hasler channel nine pregame joke isnt funny anymore

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
everybody is using hasler as an excuse, it pisses me off

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Noone knows what Reynolds was getting and what he was offered and we never will.

Is it a coincidence that the likes of Finucane, Ennis, Pritchard, Graham & Reynolds were let go and either forced to move without an ounce of respect, while Desler tried to re-sign the worse performer over his tenure in Tony Williams?

What about the circus with Lichaa's farewell than re-signing?

You never heard praise about Des from his ex-Manly players who were coached by him.

I remember Finucane praising what a revelation it was to be coached by Bellamy and the majority of the kennel laying into Finucane for choosing Bellamy over Desler.

Brett Morris came over just because of his brother and Woods was lured over because of Klemmer, something that Woods has mentioned on multiple occasions.

How many times did Foran reject Hasler? The only reason Foran came to the Bulldogs NOW was because noone in Sydney wanted him and he needs to be close to his children.

Did we lose Tedesco & Moses thanks to Hasler & Dib? Going off previous history, more than bloody likely.

You can toot your horn all you like but Desler & Dibstar destroyed the once good reputation we once had.

When we were down we never had pork chops crucifying our players and feeding the vultures of the media to create a circus of our club, and as mentioned that comes down to todays millennials who do not have an ounce of respect for themselves let alone someone else.

Thank fuck we have people in the club now who know what makes our club and its most loyal supporters click through the good and the bad

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Noone knows what Reynolds was getting and what he was offered and we never will.

Is it a coincidence that the likes of Finucane, Ennis, Pritchard, Graham & Reynolds were let go and either forced to move without an ounce of respect, while Desler tried to re-sign the worse performer over his tenure in Tony Williams?

What about the circus with Lichaa's farewell than re-signing?

You never heard praise about Des from his ex-Manly players who were coached by him.

I remember Finucane praising what a revelation it was to be coached by Bellamy and the majority of the kennel laying into Finucane for choosing Bellamy over Desler.

Brett Morris came over just because of his brother and Woods was lured over because of Klemmer, something that Woods has mentioned on multiple occasions.

How many times did Foran reject Hasler? The only reason Foran came to the Bulldogs NOW was because noone in Sydney wanted him and he needs to be close to his children.

Did we lose Tedesco & Moses thanks to Hasler & Dib? Going off previous history, more than bloody likely.

You can toot your horn all you like but Desler & Dibstar destroyed the once good reputation we once had.

When we were down we never had pork chops crucifying our players and feeding the vultures of the media to create a circus of our club, and as mentioned that comes down to todays millennials who do not have an ounce of respect for themselves let alone someone else.

Thank fuck we have people in the club now who know what makes our club and its most loyal supporters click through the good and the bad
Mate you can't have your cake and eat it too. You either don't know how much people are getting paid nor the contract negotiations that went on behind closed doors or you do. You have already said you don't so this rather extravagant rant is really sad. Dib said directly that we could not match whatever Reynolds got from Wests and Reynolds said the same so that's that. It's amazing how when we sign someone it is only because "there was nowhere else to go" or "only because of this mate or other", yet when other clubs do it somehow it becomes a coup. I'm glad Hasler and Dib have gone. They had their chance and came up short but rather than invent reasons for our current position get in behind the team. I hope Deano tears it up over the next couple of years but even if he doesn't I'll still support him. He is a bulldog.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate you can't have your cake and eat it too. You either don't know how much people are getting paid nor the contract negotiations that went on behind closed doors or you do. You have already said you don't so this rather extravagant rant is really sad. Dib said directly that we could not match whatever Reynolds got from Wests and Reynolds said the same so that's that. It's amazing how when we sign someone it is only because "there was nowhere else to go" or "only because of this mate or other", yet when other clubs do it somehow it becomes a coup. I'm glad Hasler and Dib have gone. They had their chance and came up short but rather than invent reasons for our current position get in behind the team. I hope Deano tears it up over the next couple of years but even if he doesn't I'll still support him. He is a bulldog.
English second language?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When do we play the tigers ?
I’m expecting Reynolds to earn himself a long suspension in that game.
He doesn’t to well with emotion, and there’ll be plenty in that game.
He should just let it go and move on, we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.