Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$900k for 4 years? FMD the Tigers have learned nothing over the last few years.

They should have thrown $1.5m at Cronk straight up. He's the only one that has a chance of saving that club.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been confirmed from a close source he has signed with tigers and it's not all bs as usual media crap... apparently they did offer a lot more then we did and we just couldn't match there offer since they are so cashe up...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he has won us games. But so have other players. But let's be honest. Has he won us a premiership? No he hasn't. He had two cracks in 12 and 14 and he was a part of a halves pairing that in 2 GFs only scored two tries.

He constantly talks about mentally having to calm himself and try and be the senior leader between himself and Moses. He hasn't. Time to move on.
He got us to the grand final in 2012 and HAsler fucked us in the ass with his game plan
Amd was a big factor in getting us to 2014 grand final where Haslers love child Trex fucked us in the ass.
So there is 2 potential premierships right there and let the record show he was part of Nsw first origin series win in 9yrs.

So your theory is null and void

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He got us to the grand final in 2012 and HAsler fucked us in the ass with his game plan
Amd was a big factor in getting us to 2014 grand final where Haslers love child Trex fucked us in the ass.
So there is 2 potential premierships right there and let the record show he was part of Nsw first origin series win in 9yrs.

So your theory is null and void

3 years ago , it was Ennis who lost us the 2 GFs.

lol

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how are you going to judge that?

what if Reynolds has a significant improved performance at tigers and we also get more attacking game due to Foran not cos of the existing duds.

If Foran was the answer his combo with Jhonson at Warrior would have already proved dividends for that team outside the top 8.

I will happily make my self available for rotten tomatoes if we win the premiership without Reynolds.
I think the Warriors have far more deep seeded issues than foran can fix. I suspect culturally they are lacking the grit needed to win big games. Some of the efforts I saw yesterday were just lazy. Foran can show everyone what hard work is all about but he can't change it all in a year. But what he has shown me is leadership on the field and the ability to control and lead a team.

A better perspective of life under foran imo would be the eels and the manly. I do not doubt foran's ability... he is the half we need. But what I am worried about are his mental issues. Hopefully they have subsided.. as we all know having your heart broken is a terrible pain.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish him all the best. If he excels elsewhere that's good and he will probably play better under Cleary who is a good coach.

At the end of the day his time in the game is limited being 28, he has the right to make as much as he can. Would I have been upset if the club offered him $600k+, yes.

I would want to see the club move other players to believe this is a real rebuild though - Eastwood, Tolman etc although we're probably going to burn alot of the cap because the team they go to will be in the box seat knowing we are the ones desperate to move them on.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club offered 450-500k
I'm 100% of this

He didn't stay with us
He took the 750 and ran

Can't blame him but plz don't say he would've stayed for less Coz he loves the club

250kx4 years is a million dollars
He ain't going to love the club that much lol
I reckon he would've stayed for 500K if the team was run well.

Des would frustrate the shit out of the most passionate people just look at Steve Mortimer for one .

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he will be gone in the coming weeks when they allow Brooks to go.....

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.

Hahaha let's see how much he bleeds for us at the tigers...
Like ennis he was offered a contract

They chose to walk away full fucken stop.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Officially Leaving Belmore

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/04/26/reynolds_to_leave_be.html

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds is to leave the club at the end of the 2017 season after signing a four year deal with the Wests Tigers.

The move comes after negotiations had taken place in recent weeks with the Bulldogs being unable to match the terms of the contract offered by the Tigers.

Chief Executive Raelene Castle summed up the feelings of all supporters in regard to Reynolds leaving the club: "It is extremely sad that Josh is leaving the club. He embodies what it means to be a Bulldog and has always worn his heart on his sleeve and played with the utmost courage and passion. We have tremendous admiration for what he has done both on the field and in the community. Josh is a loyal person and a local junior so this was not a decision that was taken lightly.”

“The harsh realities of the commercial marketplace and a salary cap system mean that this is a fantastic offer for Josh and leaves him in a position where he can secure his future and the Club is completely supportive of his decision.”

Coach Des Hasler also expressed his disappointment at seeing Reynolds move on: "Josh is an outstanding footballer and a quality human being. He is incredibly well respected by our playing group and someone who has made an enormous contribution to the Bulldogs on and off the field. I know that Josh is dedicated to this team and will finish the season strongly.”

Reynolds, spoke highly of his time with the Bulldogs: “I have had a fantastic time with the Bulldogs and loved every minute of it. The mates I have made from here will be mates forever and this is all that really matters to me. The decision was the toughest I have ever had to make in my whole life but I wish the Bulldogs the best in the future. It is important for the club and myself that we focus everything on the team playing good football and finishing the season strongly. To everyone who has supported me through my career at the Bulldogs I am highly appreciative and it will never be forgotten."

Josh Reynolds to Wests Tigers: Five burning questions after playmaker’s exit from his beloved Bulldogs

JOSH Reynolds has said bye, bye to Belmore.

The Bulldogs star has agreed to join Wests Tigers next season on a lucrative four-year-deal.

With his contract worth around $3 million in total, it’s a great outcome for the playmaker and more importantly, the Wests Tigers.

With Mitchell Moses Parramatta-bound next year, James Tedesco headed to the Roosters and his skipper Aaron Woods expected to confirm a move to the Bulldogs this week, Ivan Cleary needed a senior leader.

Cleary has his man but with the move comes a whole range of questions. We tackle the big ones here.

WHAT DID THE TIGERS PAY REYNOLDS AND IS HE WORTH IT?

Josh Reynolds acknowledges the fans.Source: News Corp Australia
The Tigers weren’t playing games. They wanted Reynolds and showed just how much faith they have in him by tabling a four-year-deal. While it’s been reported the deal is worth $950,000 a season plus a car, foxpsorts.com.au understands the deal is actually worth $750,000 per year.

In total, the contract amounts to around $3 million. Is he worth it? Well, we understand the Bulldogs were only willing to offer him $500,000 a season.

It’s no secret Reynolds bleeds blue and white and with the Tigers desperate to land a marquee No.6, they had to show just how serious they were. They did just that and landed their big fish. But is there value for that money?

Only time will tell but when you consider Ben Hunt fetched $1 million-plus per season and he’s not a proven match-winner, then you’d have to think it’s a fair price.

WHO’S NEXT ON THE TIGERS HIT-LIST?

Ben Matulino for the Warriors runs the ball.Source: News Corp Australia
They’ve got their playmaker in Reynolds and their forward in Warriors prop Ben Matulino but they still need a fullback.

With Tedesco headed to Bondi next season, the Tigers are in the market to recruit a new No.1.

Does that open the door for Josh Dugan?

The Dugan chatter is pure speculation at this stage but what we do know is that he’s in fine form and unable to attract the kind of dollars he wants from the Red V.

While Dragons coach Paul McGregor wants Dugan as his fullback, management are only willing to offer him centre money.

Dugan’s not the only fullback potentially available, with Kiwi international Jordan Kahu still off-contract.

Foxsports.com.au understands the Broncos utility is close to signing a new deal but with Darius Boyd also set to recommit, it would be a smart move if the Tigers made an approach to Kahu.

It’s also worth keeping an eye on what the Roosters do with Connor Watson.

Under contract until 2018, the 20-year-old is a half, hooker, fullback who has experimented with the No.1 at NSW Cup level in recent weeks.

With the Roosters unable to fit him into their first-grade side, several clubs are watching Watson and the Tigers are one of them.

WHO’S THE NEXT BIG-TICKET PLAYER OFF-CONTRACT?

There are two names worth $1 million a season still on the market: Shaun Johnson and Cooper Cronk.

Cronk will move to Sydney next year for personal reasons but is in no rush to make a call on whether he will play on next season, or move into the next phase of his career.

For a club like the Tigers, they couldn’t wait for Cronk to make a call.

Johnson is believed to be close to making a decision on his future.

He’s expected to remain at the Warriors after shunning a $1 million a season deal from England.

On the lower end of the scale, Tyrone Roberts remains without a deal for next season and while the Titans are keen to keep him on the coast, the 25-year-old wants to cement a position as his own. This season Roberts has shown he’s equally as comfortable in the halves as he is at fullback or hooker which makes him a very hand purchase for any club.

Blake Ferguson, Dane Gagai and Nathan Peats are also off-contract.

WHERE DOES REYNOLDS FIT IN AT THE TIGERS?

Josh Reynolds passes the ball.Source: News Corp Australia
With Luke Brooks re-signed until the end of 2019 and still developing as a game manager, the Tigers wanted a senior player to help relieve some of the pressure on the No.7.

Coach Cleary thinks Reynolds can fill that role.

There’s no denying the livewire is an exciting player but he’s also rough around the edges. It’s no secret he can fly off the handle at times and while he’s loved for the energy and enthusiasm he brings to a team, he often walks the tightrope between inspirational and counterproductive.

Reynolds can also play hooker but with a shot shoulder and the Tigers backing Jacob Liddle to kick on as their first-choice No.9, it looks like the halves is where Reynolds will suit-up.

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE THE BULLDOGS?

Moses Mbye celebrates a try.Source: News Corp Australia
It certainly helps Canterbury’s salary cap squeeze.

With Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran set to kit up in the blue and white next season, the Dogs had some tough calls to make.

Currently Matt Frawley has been slipping into the halves alongside Reynolds, which has seen Moses Mbye shift to hooker. With Mbye spending time at rake, Michael Lichaa’s game time has dwindled down.

Lichaa remains off-contract for 2018 and declared he wants to remain under Des Hasler.

The arrival of Foran could result in one of two things.

Either Foran and Mbye will find a home in the halves, which opens the door for Lichaa to stay or a youngster like Zac Woolford to debut in the No.9, or Mbye could remain at hooker while Foran and Frawley run the show.

The Bulldogs are still without a confirmed fullback for next season, with Will Hopate off-contract and unlikely to be offered a new deal by the club. Brett Morris is currently filling the role and has another season to run on his contract.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/a5785f7c9f390fbe6501605f18ff03f6

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha let's see how much he bleeds for us at the tigers...
Like ennis he was offered a contract

They chose to walk away full fucken stop.

offered them what? peanuts?

while Mbye, Eastwood, Trex, Liccha and other duds get paid way over.

rewarding Mediocrity and getting rid of players who perform has become the norm with this club.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
offered them what? peanuts?

while Mbye, Eastwood, Trex, Liccha and other duds get paid way over.

rewarding Mediocrity and getting rid of players who perform ash been the norm with this club.

Peanuts?
They got offered what they are worth!
If you people want to claim he is our soul, he bleeds blue and white bla bla bla then what he got offered would have been plenty to finish his career with us.

I think the only change we needed was sacking Noel cleal and not the coach.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Comparing Reynolds to ennis haha you can't be serious Reynolds is rubbish.
Ivan Cleary didn't want a bar of Moses but wanted Reynolds. Ivan Cleary knows more than you and most of the gronks on this page. You'd be hard pressed to find an expert in the game who will tell you Reynolds is rubbish. I rest my case your honour.

What a stupid comment :P

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Peanuts?
If you people want to claim he is our soul, he bleeds blue and white bla bla bla then what he got offered would have been plenty to finish his career with us.

yeah eastwood on 400ks a season and Mbye on 800ks a season was a great decision and that is exactly what these two players are worth.

But Reynolds who actually does win us games is not worth more than 500ks.

brilliant logic

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Peanuts?

exactly

image.jpg

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des really needs to find Mbyes best position soon.

If its at fullback then:

1. Mbye
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Peats

And if its a hooker then:

1. Dugan/Watson/Edwards
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.