Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enthusiasm alone isn't enough to warrant keeping Reynolds, no-one more than me wishes he had the talent to go with it.

Their has been bugger all accountability for our Coach, I wanted him gone for this year, I agree.

Moving Reynolds on is (what I am hoping) is a sign that we are moving in a better position, if Foran is true that that is a massive leap forward.

Ennis isn't and wasn't a club legend, common you give that title away too lightly. Don't be sad for him, he finished his career winning a premiership, we couldn't give him that.

I think we have the opportunity to save the Mbye decision by moving him to a position he can actually play, all on Des for that. I think Mbye could play FB, Centre or Hooker and play them to a very high standard. He is part of the jigsaw puzzle or solution for us I think.
Obviously the Tigers must think he has Talent & heaps of Enthusiasm and if they didn't get him the Sharks would have snapped him up It's only the Bulldogs that have taken him for granted and can't see the talent that he displays every week, will maybe now under a good side & a good coach you will see the talent when he carves us up & I promise you he will.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
thats exactly my point.

Why squeeze out one of the only players who brings something to Dogs and keep the duds on massive money.

Where is the accountability for Des and recruitment team here? who the fuck is making the decisions.

Who knows what dogs offered to Reynolds and how significantly less it was in comparison to tigers offer.

We all know how the club disrespected the club legend in Ennis by giving him 2 years worth way less than what he deserved and gave a rookie almost the same amount.

If we had not signed Mbye few months ago on a massive amount , we had plenty of money left in the cap to resign a better player who has actually won us games over the years.
Gee mate you are using the title of club legend a bit loosely. Players like Lamb, Mortimer,Hughes,Folkes,Sherwin are club legends. Played in Premiership winning teams some multiple times. Players like Ennis and Reynolds are good players but would hardly call them club legends..

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
Comparing Reynolds to ennis haha you can't be serious Reynolds is rubbish.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You cant please everyone. Reynolds is a rocks and diamonds player, hence why he is so polarising. He tried his guts out every game, but unfortuntately he isnt the player to take us to premiership glory. Its not like the club didnt give him a chance.

World quality halves dont come on the market to often, so we would be stupid to not have a crack. Imagine if we kept the status quo and in a few years time when we are still churning out average performances, people will be crying as to why we didnt try and sign a Foran etc. Its easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

I think the change will be good for both him and the Bulldogs and I wish him nothing but the best.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a short TRIP from Belmore to Leichardt!

How fucked are we if the Foran deal is not signed off on, and we don't nab him.

6. Mbye
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

LOL
Could ask the question how long do you persist with a halves combination that clearly over the last few years under delivered ??
This is what happens in a over heated player market.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Comparing Reynolds to ennis haha you can't be serious Reynolds is rubbish.

Ennis was called worst here.

Reynolds bashing is actually less in comparison to what Ennis went through this forum.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
You can't compare Reynolds to Ennis.
Ennis was the teams backbone, the broad shoulders that carried the insanity of Des's retarded game plan, the heart that pumped life into the arteries of the weary players.
Reynolds was/is like a major artery.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows what dogs offered to Reynolds and how significantly less it was in comparison to tigers offer.

We all know how the club disrespected the club legend in Ennis by giving him 2 years worth way less than what he deserved and gave a rookie almost the same amount.

Ennis was a club legend?

I mean, he was a good player and captain, but I think club legend might be taking things a bit far!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Obviously the Tigers must think he has Talent & heaps of Enthusiasm and if they didn't get him the Sharks would have snapped him up It's only the Bulldogs that have taken him for granted and can't see the talent that he displays every week, will maybe now under a good side & a good coach you will see the talent when he carves us up & I promise you he will.
Maybe so and I hope he does do well. We have Des and they just signed the idiot for 2 more years. He won't play well under Des, we know that, we need a player who will play well under Des. Enter Foran.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

6. Mbye
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

LOL
Sneeeeeakkkkkyyyyy

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee mate you are using the title of club legend a bit loosely. Players like Lamb, Mortimer,Hughes,Folkes,Sherwin are club legends. Played in Premiership winning teams some multiple times. Players like Ennis and Reynolds are good players but would hardly call them club legends..
They Could have been if given half a chance by our fuckwit coach and surrounded by a great team like our other ledgends.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Will you admit next year that you were wrong if the attack sharpens up without Reynolds?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Grub isn't a very good half. Plays pretty hard though, which I like, but he doesn't have a very good pass and his kicking is shitty. Still better kicking game than Mbye though lol.

He will not play any better than he has here. Here he got to two Gfs and played SOO. if he does better than that at that shitty club I will be very surprised.

Foran on one leg, Foran WITH one leg is miles better than Grub.

Hope he does well though.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In any case everyone knows Des is the major problem here

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They Could have been if given half a chance by our fuckwit coach and surrounded by a great team like our other ledgends.
Could off lol... Could off , should off , would off .. There called excuses .

Reynolds and Ennis are both good players i like watching them both play. There just aren't club legends in my eyes. Reynolds was offered a decent deal by the dogs according to reports.He chose to take a higher offer in a inflated market. Good luck to him . I feel no bad feelings towards Reynolds or the club. This is the business of the modern game. Even if we miss out on Foran i don't feel we will be weaken by Reynolds going.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

6. Mbye
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

LOL
I'd neck myself

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will you admit next year that you were wrong if the attack sharpens up without Reynolds?

how are you going to judge that?

what if Reynolds has a significant improved performance at tigers and we also get more attacking game due to Foran not cos of the existing duds.

If Foran was the answer his combo with Jhonson at Warrior would have already proved dividends for that team outside the top 8.

I will happily make my self available for rotten tomatoes if we win the premiership without Reynolds.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But the club reportedly did offer him 500k? A fair offer for what he brings. He got offered bigger money and he took it. Unfortunatley for Grub, we paid overs for Mbye and it wasnt gunna happen again.
But at the same time he knew he wasnt wanted hence the prolonged negotiations and it being played out in the media. And good on him for accepting so much more at the tigers and playing under Cleary who hopefully brings out the best in him and show us what a proper coach can do

Status
Not open for further replies.