News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we get to shed DWZ and pick up JAC to play Full back then it's worth a punt but need to keep him there for a few seasons.

No one really saw Jack Whighton as a 5/8th but after 2 years from Transitioning, he won the Dally M.

JAC could be great there with good coaching, trust and belief from everyone.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never understood people wanting Lewis at lock. He only has two skills; kicking and tackling. He's not going to kick from lock and just putting a tackle bot that doesn't run much and can't take hitups makes no sense. It's either HB or nothing... preferably nothing once we buy some talent.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not necessarily. We take JAC and we give them Okunbor, Crighton & Smith (if he still wants to play centre).Surely three for the price of one is a fair swap?

Oh hang on we are selling them short....give em' Lewis as well for good will.. lol
This is rediculous. Theres no way he is worth three players. We then have to buy 2 more players to replace the extra 2 let go. This doesnt make any sense whatsoever. I also think we need to keep okunbour!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never understood people wanting Lewis at lock. He only has two skills; kicking and tackling. He's not going to kick from lock and just putting a tackle bot that doesn't run much and can't take hitups makes no sense. It's either HB or nothing... preferably nothing once we buy some talent.
I have never understood the fascination with finding a spot for Lewis in the team. We have better halves and better locks.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise that we have to have 30 players, Crighton is on the minimum and he's actually not that bad plus we would be very unlikely to find anyone else at his value for money. After all he is the reserve for the reserve winger. Okunbor similarly isn't on much and to date he has shown that there is upside potential , so worthwhile hanging on to for another year. RSmith is far from the worst winger in the game and again he's not on much, hence why wanted the pay upgrade that being a centre would warrant. He's much better off concentrating on being the best winger he can, then he will get paid what he justifies.

The salary cap and the compulsory 30 player requirement mean every team has a number of players that may never play NRL level. Hence singling out players on the minimum in trade for a top level NRL player is simply ridiculous.

Go Dogs
Sorry you don't have a sense of humour....
Bit tongue in cheek .. ;P

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure @Novdoggie was having a tongue in cheek dig at the low quality we have on our books right now, and expressing a desire to offload some of them, rather than making a furrowed brow level serious roster suggestion.
Psycho... Exactly!!! we need to laugh sometimes after crying all year lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct, but tongue in cheek does require some irony in order to be whimsical, and personally I see no merit in naming a back up for the back up, who is on the minimum, in a swap for someone who could easily become the highest paid in that position in the NRL. Who is also arguably the best in that position, there is irony and then there is just plain stupid.

Go Dogs
FFS Twin!!!... it was a joke. Take a chill pill, Grumpy

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct, but tongue in cheek does require some irony in order to be whimsical, and personally I see no merit in naming a back up for the back up, who is on the minimum, in a swap for someone who could easily become the highest paid in that position in the NRL. Who is also arguably the best in that position, there is irony and then there is just plain stupid.

Go Dogs
Just curious, are you German or of German heritage?
My wife is half German, not the shit on your chest type of German, rather the sucks the fun out of everything type of German.
I can sense some similarities between the two of you.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are not many people who want Lewis at lock. And without trying to sound harsh I think that anyone who thinks he would make a good look know very little about football

Malla

Reaction score
He's a great winger, probably the best in the comp at the moment. But jeez you would think we learnt from the last few seasons not signing wingers and centres to play fb.

We havent had an out and out fullback since Barba. Maybe even Patten as Barba was more of a 5/8 when he came into first grade. Really wish the club would get their shit together and realise that in order to be elite we need an elite fullback, not an elite winger that wants to play fullback lol

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Go Dogs
FMD relax your flaps....

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs need a halfback and a five eighth and a couple of forwards. ! Buying Addo Carr is also a smart move if he is playing behind a decent pack and halves that can create.
if I’m Josh Addo Carr I’d be hesitant going to Canterbury particularly at his age. You’re got Nick Cotric and a few decent wingers. I don’t know if he’s an out and out fullback which is where the Dogs are probably looking at playing him.
Getting Flanagan is a start but not a priority.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is Tigers but I’d love for the club to win the race for his signature. Cotric and JAC are quality strike players.
They can’t do it on their own. They need class inside them. It’s what they are accustomed to.

Malla

Reaction score
The Bulldogs need a halfback and a five eighth and a couple of forwards. ! Buying Addo Carr is also a smart move if he is playing behind a decent pack and halves that can create.
if I’m Josh Addo Carr I’d be hesitant going to Canterbury particularly at his age. You’re got Nick Cotric and a few decent wingers. I don’t know if he’s an out and out fullback which is where the Dogs are probably looking at playing him.
Getting Flanagan is a start but not a priority.
I dont think JAC cares tbh. He has achieved everything he can in footy. Premierships, won 2 origin series and has played for his country. I think he will sign with the team offering the most $$.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's a great winger, probably the best in the comp at the moment. But jeez you would think we learnt from the last few seasons not signing wingers and centres to play fb.

We havent had an out and out fullback since Barba. Maybe even Patten as Barba was more of a 5/8 when he came into first grade. Really wish the club would get their shit together and realise that in order to be elite we need an elite fullback, not an elite winger that wants to play fullback lol
DWZ was a winger that was out of form at the Panthers who wanted to move him on, a reject if I was to give him a label. I don't think you can compare the two. Did anyone want to sign DWZ at the time? I felt like it was a bit out of the blue and not a big name. JAC actually has strengths and shows them consistently. Also there is a lot of talk around him because he's a BIG name.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was thrilled at the time he signed tbh, not so now that he’s in a slump. Majority of people on here thought he was a revelation when he came over, funny what a year does in this place.
I think at the end of last year a lot of people thought he was one our best players and should be re-signed (me included). I also think a lot of people expected DWZ to replicate this year what he did the year before which wasn't likely imo (similar to the team as a whole tbh). This year DWZ was a massive flop unfortunately and showing why the Panthers got rid. Personally DWZ exceeded my expectations last year but I wasn't that stoked when we signed him initially, I think I would of just said he'd be a good addition considering the team we had.