News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck is he a Ball playing lock? Please explain this to me.
If I need to explain it to you, then you won’t understand anyway.
But here goes , Lewis is better running into the line and offloading the ball then trying to through long cut out passes and steer a team around the paddock. He can also be a handy long kick option to supplement the halves.
I think we all agree he has a decent long kick on him.

Last edited:

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't a lock either you put him in the middle of the field he will be made look silly his defence this year was no where near what some people think he would be lucky to make the 15 other teams in the NRL and probably the 11 super league clubs he is not a 1st grade rugby league player
His tackle efficiency was 83% this year compare this to Elliott who is a noted defender who only completed 86% efficiency in the middle of the park where no defensive decisions need to be made , then I think it proved Lewis is up to the task .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not necessarily. We take JAC and we give them Okunbor, Crighton & Smith (if he still wants to play centre).Surely three for the price of one is a fair swap?

Oh hang on we are selling them short....give em' Lewis as well for good will.. lol
You do realise that we have to have 30 players, Crighton is on the minimum and he's actually not that bad plus we would be very unlikely to find anyone else at his value for money. After all he is the reserve for the reserve winger. Okunbor similarly isn't on much and to date he has shown that there is upside potential , so worthwhile hanging on to for another year. RSmith is far from the worst winger in the game and again he's not on much, hence why wanted the pay upgrade that being a centre would warrant. He's much better off concentrating on being the best winger he can, then he will get paid what he justifies.

The salary cap and the compulsory 30 player requirement mean every team has a number of players that may never play NRL level. Hence singling out players on the minimum in trade for a top level NRL player is simply ridiculous.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His tackle efficiency was 83% this year compare this to Elliott who is a noted defender who only completed 86% efficiency in the middle of the park where no defensive decisions need to be made , then I think it proved Lewis is up to the task .
Mate a lock still has to have the ability to make run metres. Lewis has no running game

Zilch. Zip. Nada

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You do realise that we have to have 30 players, Crighton is on the minimum and he's actually not that bad plus we would be very unlikely to find anyone else at his value for money. After all he is the reserve for the reserve winger. Okunbor similarly isn't on much and to date he has shown that there is upside potential , so worthwhile hanging on to for another year. RSmith is far from the worst winger in the game and again he's not on much, hence why wanted the pay upgrade that being a centre would warrant. He's much better off concentrating on being the best winger he can, then he will get paid what he justifies.

The salary cap and the compulsory 30 player requirement mean every team has a number of players that may never play NRL level. Hence singling out players on the minimum in trade for a top level NRL player is simply ridiculous.

Go Dogs
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure @Novdoggie was having a tongue in cheek dig at the low quality we have on our books right now, and expressing a desire to offload some of them, rather than making a furrowed brow level serious roster suggestion.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I need to explain it to you, then you won’t understand anyway.
But here goes , Lewis is better running into the line and offloading the ball then trying to through long cut out passes and steer a team around the paddock. He can also be a handy long kick option to supplement the halves.
I think we all agree he has a decent long kick on him.
Lewis running into the line and offloading the ball........ Lewis running into the line....... offloading the ball.....................

lewis hitting the line at a snail pace isn’t going to do shit.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is part of article about bird on foxsports.

The Bulldogs are also in the hunt for Bird’s services, but will struggle to find the cap space if they get priority targets Kyle Flanagan and Josh Addo-Carr.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The Bulldogs are also in the hunt for Bird’s services, but will struggle to find the cap space if they get priority targets Kyle Flanagan and Josh Addo-Carr.
We're in the hunt for everyone.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

think to just after a few rounds in 2020 and if add Flanagan and JAC to Cotric Hethrington and Thompson. along with Barrett we are in great spot to improve and keep turning over the roster for 2022

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
think to just after a few rounds in 2020 and if add Flanagan and JAC to Cotric Hethrington and Thompson. along with Barrett we are in great spot to improve and keep turning over the roster for 2022
We need a good hooker if we want to have a chance for top 8 next year.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate a lock still has to have the ability to make run metres. Lewis has no running game

Zilch. Zip. Nada
I disagree , I think he will do fine with the occasional hit up. He ran for an average of 54 per
game this year, playing a role where his main job was a kicker and passer. So I’m a simplified role I think he could achieve many more metres. people are to hung up needing to have their lock make 100+ metres week in week out. You always have 2 props and 2 second rowers out there who can take your hit ups. We need a lock who glcan take pressure off the halves and offer something a little different.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure @Novdoggie was having a tongue in cheek dig at the low quality we have on our books right now, and expressing a desire to offload some of them, rather than making a furrowed brow level serious roster suggestion.
You are absolutely correct, but tongue in cheek does require some irony in order to be whimsical, and personally I see no merit in naming a back up for the back up, who is on the minimum, in a swap for someone who could easily become the highest paid in that position in the NRL. Who is also arguably the best in that position, there is irony and then there is just plain stupid.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
C.Smith V JMK
Jarome Hughes V L Lewis/Wakeham
Cam Munster V Averilo/wakeham
Papenhaouzen V Hoppa

The spine feed the outside backs. JAC wont have the opportunity created for him as he does at the storm.

He is a cracka player. But if he leaves the storm. He won't be as deadly imo
If we're to buy JAC it'll be for fullback imo. I also think JAC has the x-factor/pace to create on his own. JAC is a freak. Some principles/"rules" don't apply to him.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we're to buy JAC it'll be for fullback imo. I also think JAC has the x-factor/pace to create on his own. JAC is a freak. Some principles/"rules" don't apply to him.
Hope your right

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC sees opportunity and takes it. One of those who is In the right place at the right time.
How many intercepts, line breaks, support play.
not just a feeder off a great backline.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree , I think he will do fine with the occasional hit up. He ran for an average of 54 per
game this year, playing a role where his main job was a kicker and passer. So I’m a simplified role I think he could achieve many more metres. people are to hung up needing to have their lock make 100+ metres week in week out. You always have 2 props and 2 second rowers out there who can take your hit ups. We need a lock who glcan take pressure off the halves and offer something a little different.
You are entitled to your opinion mate but you would be in the minority if you think Lewis would make a decent first grade lock.

And anyway it just ain’t gunna happen. Elliott or Jackson will be lock next year