Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hope this happens rothfield just posted it can anyone post it cheers

Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer
Phil Rothfield, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
October 18, 2020 8:13pm
Subscriber only

The Canterbury Bulldogs are firming in the race to sign champion winger Josh Addo-Carr.

The Melbourne Storm flyer has put contract discussions on hold until after the grand final but is known to be impressed by new Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.
They are in opposite corners in Sunday’s grand final at ANZ Stadium. The Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and the Rabbitohs are the three clubs most interested for next year.

“I’ve decided not to even think about it until after the grand final,” Addo-Carr said.

“My manager is doing all that. He’s told me to focus on footy and I’m only thinking about Sunday.”
He admits it’s been the toughest decision of his life to leave the Storm a year early to be closer to family.
“I’ve had such a great time,” he said, “It is a great club, it really is.
“But I need to be with my family and that’s most important at the point of my life.”

Melbourne Storm player Josh Addo-Carr could end up at the Bulldogs.

Melbourne Storm player Josh Addo-Carr could end up at the Bulldogs.
Josh Addo-Carr is on the hunt for a new club. Picture: Michael Klein
Josh Addo-Carr is on the hunt for a new club. Picture: Michael Klein

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not much. Says we are favourites but no quotes from anyone

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It pretty much says rabbits dogs and tigers are in the race. He is known to be impressed by trent barrett, but is waiting until after the gf to make a decision

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs are firming in the race to sign champion winger Josh Addo-Carr.

The Melbourne Storm flyer has put contract discussions on hold until after the grand final but is known to be impressed by new Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.

They are in opposite corners in Sunday’s grand final at ANZ Stadium. The Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and the Rabbitohs are the three clubs most interested for next year.

“I’ve decided not to even think about it until after the grand final,” Addo-Carr said.

“My manager is doing all that. He’s told me to focus on footy and I’m only thinking about Sunday.”

He admits it’s been the toughest decision of his life to leave the Storm a year early to be closer to family.

“But I need to be with my family and that’s most important at the point of my life.”

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for posting it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think it’s a bad buy if he’s going to play fullback. It’s a huge risk and great if it comes off but if it doesn’t it could be one of those crippling deals. He’s won comps at the Storm and coming back for family reasons apparently so how hungry will he be?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think it’s a bad buy if he’s going to play fullback. It’s a huge risk and great if it comes off but if it doesn’t it could be one of those crippling deals. He’s won comps at the Storm and coming back for family reasons apparently so how hungry will he be?
He's had plenty of time to commit to the Dogs, or to show that he wants to come here. Same as with Mitchell. Nothing wrong with that, but have seen absolutely nothing that suggests he even wants to come here. Nothing at all.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

Comon cuz come here lad

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For sensible money why not. If he really wants to come back to Sydney there’s not that many clubs with free spots and money available, ball should be in our court.

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
From all reports, Melbourne will only release him if they get a player in return. So who goes the other way from the dogs? Given the fact he is better than all our backs do we really care who goes to Melbourne? I would only be disappointed if it was Averillo.