John Morris

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cronulla are kidding themselves letting go of Morris.

I hope this fails big time....

Bring him over as an assistant to Baz along with a few of the Sharks players
Bring him over to do what

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing that’ll disrupt the roosters is uncle nicks cheque book.
Knowing how the Rorter$ operate more than likely where possible Fitzgibbon will act as a duble agent for Politis.. eg if theres players they cant or wont retain Politis will hear about it first..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet people want us to do the same to Baz and are criticizing the sharks for doing it to John Morris. This place never ceases to amaze me.
Without sounding like a neg Nancy on here because a few on these pages are appalled anyone is disappointed with an 0-5 start...

John Morris has a crappy roster that he had zero input, took over after the drug cheat, and has a roster that includes Fafita and Dugan who are 2 of the biggest oxygen thieves in the NRL (oh and both are absolute grubs of humans). They have made the finals 2 years in a row.

FBaz on the other hand has an improved roster in his predecessor, hired all his own staff and has had a war chest to spend.

I like John Morris and fear he is about to go back to assistant coach. But he will learn even more and come back bigger and better. But we don’t need him now.

Our coach failed at Manly but some say he was compromised, went to Penrith and is credited with their attack. I am not sold and I personally wanted Hook.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without sounding like a neg Nancy on here because a few on these pages are appalled anyone is disappointed with an 0-5 start...

John Morris has a crappy roster that he had zero input, took over after the drug cheat, and has a roster that includes Fafita and Dugan who are 2 of the biggest oxygen thieves in the NRL (oh and both are absolute grubs of humans). They have made the finals 2 years in a row.

FBaz on the other hand has an improved roster in his predecessor, hired all his own staff and has had a war chest to spend.

I like John Morris and fear he is about to go back to assistant coach. But he will learn even more and come back bigger and better. But we don’t need him now.

Our coach failed at Manly but some say he was compromised, went to Penrith and is credited with their attack. I am not sold and I personally wanted Hook.
The only players Barrett brought were hetherington, flanno, Waddell, Cotric and Allen. The rest are left overs from Pay and co. He has literally had no say in the rest as they were all signed before he came in.

Yes, I am annoyed with our start, but he should be given a chance to fix the roster and not be thrown to the wolves after only 5 matches.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only players Barrett brought were hetherington, flanno, Waddell, Cotric and Allen. The rest are left overs from Pay and co. He has literally had no say in the rest as they were all signed before he came in.

Yes, I am annoyed with our start, but he should be given a chance to fix the roster and not be thrown to the wolves after only 5 matches.
Go read a few post mate, I have said multiple times he is here for at least this year regardless results. Even that fraud Seibold got 18months.

But that doesn’t mean he is not accountable. Of the 5 players you credit him with, One is a fullback now playing centre, one is a winger signed as a centre now playing wing, another is a front rower with discipline issues, another is halfback already hated on here more than Lachy ( which is saying something although I think he will succeed) and the other is Waddell who should just simply fuck off.

As a non supporter of Barrett’s appointment in the first place I think the results so far tend to support my view although I will happily say I am wrong and be happy if he pulls it out of the sewer.

But, this mind numbing year in year out writing off the year and making excuses that next year or the year after will be better is rubbish and I am done with it.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I agree with this 100%.

Morris is a good coach.

The difference between guys like Barrett, Fitzgibbon, Ciraldo and their ilk (throw in guys like Seibold, Adam O’Brien, Steve Kearney, McGregor) is media backing and influential friends.

Coaches like Morris and Hook don’t have the friends in high places despite being proven coaches with real potential to get results.

The others talk a good game and are bolstered by the hot air of their backers.

Notice how as the heat has started to hit Barrett after the last couple of big losses, a couple of soft media stories appear:

All Blacks legend opens up on Bulldogs NRL role https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/7de501770f2b6599d5d6d082ff43fe80

This is worrying stuff for dogs fans.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a ridiculous decision by the sharks. Hear me out.
Fitzgibbon is a life member of the Roosters and will be welcome back any time. Now sure, Robinson has the job for as long as he wants but I can almost guarantee once Fitzgibbon has experienced head coaching at the sharks for a few years he will return to the Roosters head coaching role.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FoxSports are saying that Morris could quit this week once they confirm Fitzgibbon and Ciraldo for next season.And I wouldn't blame him one bit...

He's done a good job there with overpaid players, tonnes of injuries and promoted several youngsters. They play a physical and entertaining style and he's made the finals each season while not getting any say in recruitment.

I don't know what the delusional Sharks club expect but I hope the Fitzgibbon experiment fails badly as this could destablise their club..

Hopefully we can offer Morris a gig as an assistant once he gets his head straight as he's proven he's a good coach that's been fucked over royally..

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can get into Braileys ear and he can use the loss of Morris as reason to leave the shire. Has won a few comps with flanno. Would look good in the 9 alongside burton. Instantly fixes our spine and we would be a good fullback away from being elite.

Then all we need is a couple of props and a young centre or winger and we’d be on our way to a top 6 finish.
We missed the boat with Jayden Brailey but apparently Blayke is a more talented hooker. I rather him than B smith. With McInnes going there, there could be an opportunity for us to nab him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We missed the boat with Jayden Brailey but apparently Blayke is a more talented hooker. I rather him than B smith.
Jayden looks way better than Blayke.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jayden looks way better than Blayke.
They're both really good. I'd gladly take either. But since coming back from his ACL, Jayden has looked great and better than ever. I still think Blayke has a lot of untapped potential in his attacking game. He's shown glimpses of the skills you'd want to see..

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go read a few post mate, I have said multiple times he is here for at least this year regardless results. Even that fraud Seibold got 18months.

But that doesn’t mean he is not accountable. Of the 5 players you credit him with, One is a fullback now playing centre, one is a winger signed as a centre now playing wing, another is a front rower with discipline issues, another is halfback already hated on here more than Lachy ( which is saying something although I think he will succeed) and the other is Waddell who should just simply fuck off.

As a non supporter of Barrett’s appointment in the first place I think the results so far tend to support my view although I will happily say I am wrong and be happy if he pulls it out of the sewer.

But, this mind numbing year in year out writing off the year and making excuses that next year or the year after will be better is rubbish and I am done with it.
Baz didnt sign Cotric. Also I dont see anywhere stating that Baz signed allen purely to be the fullback of the future. We were severely lacking in the backs and still are, signing of Allen is yet to bear fruit but you can't say it failed. Bazil you seem to have a short memory because there is NO WAY that Flanno is hated more than Lachie Lewis right now. Some of the hate Lachie got over the past 2 years doesnt compare.

Also, the difference between having coach like Baz and a coach like Hook is a long term vision. Without evidence, it seems to me Hook is a win now coach, and his tenures never last. Baz has a vision to build our club from the NRL squad all the way down to SG Ball. Thats what we need.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I tgink
They're both really good. I'd gladly take either. But since coming back from his ACL, Jayden has looked great and better than ever. I still think Blayke has a lot of untapped potential in his attacking game. He's shown glimpses of the skills you'd want to see..
teaming up Blayke with a top line 5/8/half and an attacking coach could take him to the next level. At worse as long as he can pass the ball semi accurately and he can make a few tackles he is a huge upgrade on anything we have had since ennis.

And I guess the combo he has with flanno having won all the junior comps together could work. Jayden is definitely there as a top line hooker, but nothing to suggest Blayke can’t follow in his footsteps (sharks actually kept Blayke over Jayden on potential).

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also, the difference between having coach like Baz and a coach like Hook is a long term vision. Without evidence, it seems to me Hook is a win now coach, and his tenures never last. Baz has a vision to build our club from the NRL squad all the way down to SG Ball. Thats what we need.
Hook: 56% win
Barrett: 37% win

Simply no comparison. In any regard.
To claim Barrett is one thing and Griffin is another is guess work. Griffin certainly wins more games, which is what this whole game is all about?

The bulldogs have signed Barrett on a hunch. It may turn out to be a masterstroke (or not). One thing is for certain, he loses more games than he wins.

There is also absolutely no evidence that Barrett can build (or rebuild) a club to take them from one point to another. I think there is far more evidence that Griffin can.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook: 56% win
Barrett: 37% win

Simply no comparison. In any regard.
To claim Barrett is one thing and Griffin is another is guess work. Griffin certainly wins more games, which is what this whole game is all about?

The bulldogs have signed Barrett on a hunch. It may turn out to be a masterstroke (or not). One thing is for certain, he loses more games than he wins.

There is also absolutely no evidence that Barrett can build (or rebuild) a club to take them from one point to another. I think there is far more evidence that Griffin can.
Guarantee that Hook would not sign JAC and Burton.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100%

Since when is it ever good enough to be non competitive and write off a season?

It’s deplorable and seeks only to protect or shore up the people who have made the decisions.

“Oh it’s ok to get flogged, it will take 3 years before we are competitive”... this mentality will have us in the cellar for a long time.

The facts show - we are the worst team in the comp by a long way...The squad has regressed since 2020 (since game 1 2021 for that matter)... What is happening to address this?

Meanwhile, John Morris is on the chopping block??!

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guarantee that Hook would not sign JAC and Burton.
Perhaps he doesn’t need them? Maybe he is able to get the best out of the 17 at his disposal...

You have to question the capacity of any coach who can’t “coach” the players to some level of improvement...

Signing a whole a bunch of players with an open cheque book is easy...perhaps even lazy?