John Kite signs with the Storm for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't know why we didnt see more from Kite. He just seemed to be intimidated by the older players. Even in NSW Cup he did nothing at all. Like Charlie Leano they both dont have enough mongrel in them to dent the defensive line. I really wanted Kite to stay with us and show everyone what he is capable of. Hopefully now he doesnt show potential with the Storm that he didnt show with us.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Whats that got to do with anything

Storm are on 4 points or so behind, and they signed him to play FG ... whats your point
My point is that Hannant, Hodgson, Armit and Hickey are doing the job sensationally and that Moore has made the right decisions. The problem with Kite is himself and no one at the club. He chose to give up and take the easy way out. He had people in his ear saying get a release, get a release and the like. I'm sure without talking to anyone that the club is happy to see him go and more so some of his crew go.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
well actually it should be. seems like he has that typical under 20's attitude towards football. "want it all now or im leaving"

when he got dropped he should have taken it upon himself to train harder then everyone else, play harder then everyone else and if he REALLY wanted to be a part of this club then he would have pushed himself to the limit and earnt more chances.

instead, he's packed up his bags and taken the easy option.
You're just assuming he didn't train as hard

Just like people assume Hickey did, but judging by his frame I tend to disagree

btw staying comfortable at the lower grades would have been the easy option, its a big call for a 20 year old to pack up and go interstate to play FG. That shows he wants it IMO

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
My point is that Hannant, Hodgson, Armit and Hickey are doing the job sensationally and that Moore has made the right decisions. The problem with Kite is himself and no one at the club. He chose to give up and take the easy way out. He had people in his ear saying get a release, get a release and the like. I'm sure without talking to anyone that the club is happy to see him go and more so some of his crew go.
You call moving interstate to play FG the easy way out

Kite was brought up at the Dogs, they wouldn't just dump him. But Storm might, yet he is taking the chance to play FG ... that aint the easy way out champ

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%. He has contributed F. all during the year. I don't know what was up with him. He got his chance in FG and played like a princess. There was no mongrel in him.

I liked Kite last year. This year... nah.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
agree to disagree eedz.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
You call moving interstate to play FG the easy way out

Kite was brought up at the Dogs, they wouldn't just dump him. But Storm might, yet he is taking the chance to play FG ... that aint the easy way out champ
The easy way was to start calls for a release and drop the intensity at training.

The hard way would have been extra sessions and work harder.

All the reports that came out pointed to a serious attitude problem from Kite and that he was listening to people urging him to get a release.

Moving interstate or whatever, he was fed rubbish about Moore, but the results for the Bulldogs and Moore speak for themselves this year.

Hickey maybe a huge frame, but he works harder than anyone and gives his all out there. Effort and attitude are two things people never point the finger at Hickey about. He is a local junior you can build the fabric of a club around.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
It's a two-way street. The club has done everything for Kite and both Moore and previously Folkes have been very good to him. Kite didn't work as hard as others and when not being picked kept on whinging about wanting a release. Have we heard Morrin, Williams, Hickey, Utai, Crisp, Winitana, Millard, Holdsworth and Nanai ***** and moan for a release when they had stints in reggies?
Dude read all the pages and youll get your answer. Sure he is a junior but you want get it served on a platter if you dont want to put the hard yards. All players get hiccups along the way, its getting over them that makes you stronger. He didnt want that pretty much, he thought he was an auntomatic inclusion to the FG team this year, well frankly he is lucky to be playing NSW Cup
Yeah sorry guys, I committed the cardinal sin! :(

I was just a little worked up when I saw the thread, and went straight for a reply without reading first.

Your all right and I agree that Moore knows what he's doing. I just thought they'd persist with Kite like they have with Barba. Esp seeing as he's a junior.

I met Kite a few times and he was just a top bloke too. He was always saying hi and hi fiveing my son when ever he saw him at training with Bankstown last year so I got emotionally attached.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The easy way was to start calls for a release and drop the intensity at training.

The hard way would have been extra sessions and work harder.

All the reports that came out pointed to a serious attitude problem from Kite and that he was listening to people urging him to get a release.

Moving interstate or whatever, he was fed rubbish about Moore, but the results for the Bulldogs and Moore speak for themselves this year.

Hickey maybe a huge frame, but he works harder than anyone and gives his all out there. Effort and attitude are two things people never point the finger at Hickey about. He is a local junior you can build the fabric of a club around.
So if Kite goes to Melbourne and becames an excellent player ..

what do you put that down that too ?????

You keep mentioning these "people", but at the end of the day our coahcing staff is responsible for getting the best out of him. And if he feels he is getting nowhere at the Dogs and leaves .. thats on us IMO

C

chipandchase

he has shown he can not handle first grade at present, wether that changes who will know
we can pay big dollars to keep him when he shown nothing in first grade
good decision by the club, if he want to go then let me
stuff all this crap about being a junuior etc etc, if he wanted to stay he would have

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Done ... I wish he had stayed

But at the end of the day, he is only doing whats right by himself ... shouldn't cop flack about it IMO
People are defending the club who are copping flack. IMO the club and Moore are right.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
If he goes to Melbourne and is a dud, then the club knew what they where doing all along ... and Im not saying they dont, they just might be

but if he becames an international, then its bad we had him and lost him because we didnt coach/mentor him right

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
So if Kite goes to Melbourne and becames an excellent player ..

what do you put that down that too ?????

You keep mentioning these "people", but at the end of the day our coahcing staff is responsible for getting the best out of him. And if he feels he is getting nowhere at the Dogs and leaves .. thats on us IMO
Kite was always a classic case of that he wouldn't be a decent first grader until his mid-20's. If he can sort out attitude problems and being in a new environment in Melbourne helps him than good luck to the bloke. I hope he goes well. He was urged on by people to seek a release rather than stay and fight it out. Lets see how he goes away from the familar surroundings.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
People are defending the club who are copping flack. IMO the club and Moore are right.
Well you're gonna have to wait till next year and see how he goes

if he bombs out then they are right

if he goes great, then they are morons

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done ... I wish he had stayed

But at the end of the day, he is only doing whats right by himself ... shouldn't cop flack about it IMO
I agree.

Yes, maybe part of it is his own doing by not putting in the hard yards or what not. Fact of the matter is that noone on here really knows whether he is lazy, has an attitude problem or what.

People are far too eagre on here to heap sh!t and unsubstantiated crap on players who leave us. Its like most need justifications and get really defensive.

In regards to Kite, we have shown him that there is little chance of him playing next year in FG and good luck to him in melbourne. He will have less distractions down there and it should be easier to focus on footy given that its a completely new environment.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
If he goes to Melbourne and is a dud, then the club knew what they where doing all along ... and Im not saying they dont, they just might be

but if he becames an international, then its bad we had him and lost him because we didnt coach/mentor him right
Moore has done everything he can for Kite and so have Dymock & co. He is no longer with Patmore so that is not an excuse. He chose to listen to those who aren't involved with the Bulldogs. His call and he lives by it all.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Well you're gonna have to wait till next year and see how he goes

if he bombs out then they are right

if he goes great, then they are morons
IMO Moore & co are right for letting him go. It's best for Canterbury and that's all they care about. The club comes first.

Kite might shine in Melbourne and good luck to him. All I know is that the Bulldogs will continue to shine much longer.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I agree.

Yes, maybe part of it is his own doing by not putting in the hard yards or what not. Fact of the matter is that noone on here really knows whether he is lazy, has an attitude problem or what.

People are far too eagre on here to heap sh!t and unsubstantiated crap on players who leave us. Its like most need justifications and get really defensive.

In regards to Kite, we have shown him that there is little chance of him playing next year in FG and good luck to him in melbourne. He will have less distractions down there and it should be easier to focus on footy given that its a completely new environment.
Thats all Im saying, and you're spot on about people on here needed justification and getting defensive

.. the second something goes down ALL HAIL NOAD, ALL HAIL FOLKES, I mean just step back and have a little think about things

They straight away claim bad attitude, poor training this and that .. when they don't know sh!t

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
IMO Moore & co are right for letting him go. It's best for Canterbury and that's all they care about. The club comes first.

Kite might shine in Melbourne and good luck to him. All I know is that the Bulldogs will continue to shine much longer.
Well Melbourne has done more right in the last 3 or 4 years then the Dogs

so who's to say we have the winning hand this time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.