John Kite signs with the Storm for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
im hoping that they can do this also...very promising youngsters and i hope to see much more of in the comng seasons :o
The thing about John which differentiates him from Martin is the size difference between him and opposition. John has always been exceptionally larger whereas Martin hasn't. On many occasion Martin has played above his weight. I reckon this will mean him maturing alot quicker than John. He definately has a growth spurt in him with regards to height.

This is why John only runs straight, he's too used to running over opposition and makes him a really easy target to smash ie. when he got hammered last year against Bronc's. Martin has footwork and exceptional upper body strength. He makes more metre's than John.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure, but I think Martin Taupau and Paki Afu will fill the void.
Agree here too...realistically we weren't going to keep all 3 of these guys, and IMO Kite leaving just opens the doorway for these two to step up

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I saw him play wentworthville and I could not believe his enthusiasm. We smashed wenty and instead of walking back after a try was scored, he was jogging back. His attitude must have really changed after that
He did that a few time in FG too. I could never figure out why, but I'm not sure he got released because of attitude when I think about it.

I

iYike

Bro these people are puppets ... and Moore and Greenburg have them dancing all day

Don't bother

Kite left because he wouldn't get a start infront of the superior players we have ... so he left plan and simple
Are you joking. Morrin and Leano are hardly superior.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For sure, but I think Martin Taupau and Paki Afu will fill the void.
I've only seen Taupau play once, against the Eels in the Toyota Cup, and he was very impressive. Looks like he has the potential to become a good first grader.

I

iYike

Anyone here think Taupau might end up playing in the second row in the future?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we learned a lesson with all the g-unit **** heads in the last 10 years

no one is bigger than the club

either they put in and prioritise with the club, team then the individual or they can **** off

we won't have our club dragged down by g-unit **** heads anymore

there are quite a few reasons we finished equal 1st after finishing with the spoon last year but one of the main contributing factors is players decided to tow the line and no one acted like they were 'owed' a 1st grade spot

if they did, they were disciplined as they should have been and suck **** to the prima donnas. some even showed up late to not only training, but their fixtures in nsw cup

seriously wtf? and people think we need to bow to this ****? them blokes deserve the ****ing sack before promotion. they have to earn it. nothing is owed to them

this club bows to no one, that is a large reason why we have the record we do over the last 30 years. the last 3 decades we are THE most successful club in sydney and only the broncos have equalled us in the nrl (if you include the 1997 half-comp and i'd like to see how we would have gone if we had all of qld to pick from for a number of years, don't get me wrong, i give them alot of credit for their success, but just making a point on our success)

bullfrog would smack some of you lot

we are on the right track, have some faith in the process which has given us our standing the last 3 decades

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
those g-unit prima donnas brought our club to the ground, twist it however you want

one gf compared to how many gf's before without the g-unit ****heads? hmm, i know what i'll take and the club is certainly on that path, the correct path

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mason, sbw and maitua

Do you mean these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.