Joey Johns halves coaching role at the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzillaaa

New Pup
Reaction score
"EIGHTH Immortal Andrew Johns’s services are no longer required under new Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett’s regime in 2016 as the clean-out at Manly continues.

Johns has acted as an assistant and halves consultant with the Sea Eagles formally since 2012, after previously working with star playmakers Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans in a part-time role.
But both Manly and Johns confirmed on Friday that his association with the club will not continue when Barrett’s new reign at Manly officially kicks off on November 2."
The champion half’s departure from the Sea Eagles continues the upheaval in the club’s coaching ranks, with Johns joining sacked head coach Geoff Toovey in being shown the door while assistants David Penna and Steve Georgallis are also expected to leave.

Timing could not be any better! Does anyone know if the Bulldogs will show some interest to give Joey Johns a halves coaching role within the club? Don't think there's anything more that our halves need leading into the 2016 season after a massive lack of creativity in our halves this season.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah we only interested in paying for psychologists and I.T. Geeks

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Supercoach's ego won't let him sign him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh not allowed to sign him as Te players might actually learn something and realise another way to play the game of league instead of boring as bat shit style

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Why are these comments so sour?

We simply do not have the cattle to beat the cap cheating rorters. If you can't see that the Rorters are cheating the cap, then join good old Dave Smith and Greenturd in applauding them when they win the comp in 9 days!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Why are these comments so sour?

We simply do not have the cattle to beat the cap cheating rorters. If you can't see that the Rorters are cheating the cap, then join good old Dave Smith and Greenturd in applauding them when they win the comp in 9 days!
Think most people have pretty much suspected or known the Roosters have been cheating the comp for atleast a decade or longer but do it with impunity so they will never be caught.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Think most people have pretty much suspected or known the Roosters have been cheating the comp for atleast a decade or longer but do it with impunity so they will never be caught.
I agree.

I am just not sure why people expected us to beat them last week with the odds so heavily against us. To be honest, I was surprised we went with them for 50 odd minutes and were the better team for a good portion of that time.

Look at that team and honestly, there is not a player in that side that would command less than $250K as a starting point, except for maybe TKO whose first year it is. Even Hastings was bought over on big money as a rookie.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would not only bring in Joey as a coach but I would bring him out of retirement to be our number 7

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Joey doesn't even like our halfs he always talks bad of them

Dogzillaaa

New Pup
Reaction score
Don't blame him. Sign a real half back and Joey as our halves coach and we can be serious premiership contenders next year. Doubt des is on the same wavelength though!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Des may be too stubborn to consider others advice

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He might be an immortal and captained his club, state and country. .. but can he coach?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What year did he go to Manly as a halves coach?

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be a good challenge for him and it would show that he is a good halves coach if they start killing it

Status
Not open for further replies.