Opinion Joe Stimson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard stimson was on 550 and britt 450 hope info wrong, otherwise shame shame shame to the old board
I don't see how that's even possible. Both played limited bench minutes and were in and out of reserves the season before they signed with us.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was always going to be a mediocre signing at best. Melbourne rarely lets players it wants to keep go. Inglis wanted to go. And they probably couldn't keep Addo Carr and still be under the cap. Stimson was never going to be an impact player. We had Elliot, Jackson and a plethora of other pluggers at the club. We hardly needed one more.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most disappointing signing i can ever remember apart from she rex.
Hope he is good on the tools etc, cos his footbal career is up to shit.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question he has delivered close to zero value so far.

big chance for him tonight - he has played less than 60 mins NRL this year after suffering a season ending injury in only his 2nd game for us last season.

Hard to really judge a guy after 4 games off the bench for a total of 56 mins - in 3 of those games we were getting carved up.

I hope he has a really good game.

Attachments

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

big chance for him tonight - he has played less than 60 mins NRL this year after suffering a season ending injury in only his 2nd game for us last season.

Hard to really judge a guy after 4 games off the bench for a total of 56 mins - in 3 of those games we were getting carved up.

Well said mate, facts.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see him rip in tonight and show us all what he’s got. Hasn’t really had time to settle in unfortunately. Give him a month starting and see what happens.

Did he sign a 3 year deal with us?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I hope he has another miserable fail, so the idiots don't resign plodders.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was already declining in Melbourne after his injury, only got infinitely worse over here.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that's even possible. Both played limited bench minutes and were in and out of reserves the season before they signed with us.
Where is 9 million dollars in our squad though?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I expected a lot better from him. Not to make excuses because he hasn’t presented great value for money. But we signed him and he got injured late in the season for Melbourne, he missed the pre season and then yr 1 played what, a few games before a season ending injury? Then this year again I believe he had another limited pre season and hasn’t bounced back from multiple injuries. I don’t see too many clubs lining up to take him, but we need to try and get some value out of the signing. Maybe Bellamy could get more out of him and we should check the fine print on the receipt to see when the return date expires.
Looking our, and his, best option.

Faded to totally irrelevant player now with us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is 9 million dollars in our squad though?
It's a good question.. Are you trying to turn me into Bradyk? Haha.. Probably almost half of it would have been on Thompson, Napa, Hoppa, Elliott, DWZ, Cotric and Jackson alone.

Then you have Allan, Flanagan and Waddell taking up another million. Plus Lewis, Meaney and RFM taking up another million. That's about $6 million on 13 players.

No doubt the cap has been mismanaged and Britt and Stimson are probably on more than they should be but I highly doubt those two were on a million combined.

Reactions: GDR

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not convinced with Stimson, only good as Melbourne made him look to move him on lol.!!!