Official Jeremy Marshall-King re-signs with the Bulldogs for the next two seasons

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. To me Topine doesn’t have much upside at hooker but that’s only my opinion
He doesn't but he's solid and won't make stupid errors like JMK and his pass is nice and crisp.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cheese is def no chance
I would’ve spent part of that in Connor Watson
Really like he’s present performances and energy around the ruck

Watson at 400-450 would be a fresh start
Good call actually forgot about Watson. He'd actually suit us well and he'd bring that energy he always does in defence.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking joke 2 years fuck jmk you shitcunt

Does nothing
Calm down mate, he is not the worst player at the club, and at least has ago unlike a few others.
I'd doubt that any of the hookers we would be able to sign at present would be any better.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've read opinions on here that we might need to use JMK in 22 and we'll sign someone in 23. Who is this player? I'm not doubting the people with inside info on Brandon Smith but I think he's taking the piss with the club just stringing them along. If not him then who?

And the number of players I've read on here who should be 14, we should have enough players to fill 2 full benches with the number of 14's that have been suggested. JMK, Averillo, Dietz, Topine, BBO and others.

I'm completely fine with JMK being offered a small contract as long as we are seriously looking at options for a genuine hooker, not someone who is "on the improve" and "tries his guts out".

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a good runner yes, his passing is pretty average. Melbourne do better with Grant at 9, and Smith roaming in the back row.
13 wins in a row now with Cheese playing in all of them at hooker, 10 of 16 games scoring over 40 points (the last 3 in a row) and he's scored a try the last 5 weeks in a row. I'd say hes a pretty capable hooker and they're not missing Grant too much

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately two years is the minimum most contracts are these days. Players/agents won't accept less. Three year deals are too common and one year deals are generally only for the older players. Hopefully he's on fuck all money because he's a backup/utility at best.
Would he accept a 1 year deal if the alternative was nothing?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Any idea who else is managed by them?
Bulldogs: JMK, Doorey, Iverson Matai
Rabbits: Damien Cook (irony),
Dragons: Junior Amine, Jayden Sullivan
Manly: Schuster, Fainu brothers, Saab
Titans: Thompson

They also managed Kasiano and Pritchard. But yeah these are the ones i know off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed reckons back in his home town in India, you could get 10 hookers a day, 7 days a week for what we paid JMK....
LOL Nasheed & his lady boy friends that give him discounts.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Form hooker of the competition who's scored tries every game for weeks now. He's definitely not just another lock
I scored 2 tries 4 weeks in a row when I was playing touch footy many many years ago.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I scored 2 tries 4 weeks in a row when I was playing touch footy many many years ago.
Did Toby Rudolph's brother start following you on Instagram afterwards? What were the facilities like after touring them?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Toby Rudolph's brother start following you on Instagram afterwards? What were the facilities like after touring them?
Rudolf's dad wasn't even a glean in his old man's eye back then! And no home computers then my boy!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While we all want a better number 9 failure is always a possibility, and the last thing we want is to wind up with an even worse number 9. Katoa is going, so we still need someone else who can play dummy half. If that doesn't happen in 22 at least JMK is familiar and has some combinations already built.

It also potentially says to candidates that though we'd love to have you in the team, we aren't going to fork over a squllion in desperation.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is a 14 though!!! Which is most likely where JMK ends up.
We wouldn't get Peachey for minimum wage tho. He'd also want a bigger role.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a surprise given the options out there but it is disappointing thinking about going into another season as JMK being the starting hooker.

I'm not sure why the need for a 2 year deal and 1 year deal would have been fine.
Back up for Brandon Smith in 2023.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a depth re-sighing I can understand this BUT we know it’s not a depth signing …