Official Jeremy Marshall-King re-signs with the Bulldogs for the next two seasons

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good move by the club. You all need to get over this Smith infatuation. He's not keen on coming and he's not as good as many of you seem to think anyway. Give JMK three years at nowMelbourne and he'd be a better hooker than Smith.
Yeah but he won't be three years at Melbourne so how does that help us. Why are we now saying Smith is not good. Why is this being spun now? I knew we were not getting him but why spin now he is not good just because we can't sign him. I guess same as SJ
Most wanted him then he did not sign so people them started saying he wronged the club- far out

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah but he won't be three years at Melbourne so how does that help us. Why are we now saying Smith is not good. Why is this being spun now? I knew we were not getting him but why spin now he is not good just because we can't sign him. I guess same as SJ
Most wanted him then he did not sign so people them started saying he wronged the club- far out
In all fairness to me, I have always said Smith is no good. He's a prototypical example of an average player who looks a million bucks under Bellamy....as soon as he leaves Bellamy, he will regress.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD . Our club is the middle of its own pandemic .
The infectious rate of mediocre players entrenching themselves at our club is at an all time high. .
Well our coach is the epitome of that so what do we expect

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more than one hooker in the top 30. I’m guessing he hasn’t been paid anything massive and is a very solid versatile player. At a pinch he can play most positions so makes a good option at 14 if we can get a quality 9.

Prefer this to paying overs to someone like Kenny.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to me I haven't wanted B.Smith as a hooker for months, said it before and I'll say it again. He is not a hooker, he's a running backrower/lock. We have a zillion of them, yeah Smith might be fractionally better but I aint paying north of 900k for a lock!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Smart decision. He's in crown sports management, they have some really good stock / kids coming through. Addo-Carr managed by them to. Stuff like this can help get other players from the stable if his players are getting looked after.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good move by the club. You all need to get over this Smith infatuation. He's not keen on coming and he's not as good as many of you seem to think anyway. Give JMK three years at Melbourne and he'd be a better hooker than Smith.
no wonder your up in Elliot’s crack with this logic !!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smart decision. He's in crown sports management, they have some really good stock / kids coming through. Addo-Carr managed by them to. Stuff like this can help get other players from the stable if his players are getting looked after.
Any idea who else is managed by them?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topanie would be the 9 for me, and for me Wakeham is the perfect 14. He's a bloke that is a liquorice all sorts but he covers a number of roles.
Fair enough. To me Topine doesn’t have much upside at hooker but that’s only my opinion

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to me I haven't wanted B.Smith as a hooker for months, said it before and I'll say it again. He is not a hooker, he's a running backrower/lock. We have a zillion of them, yeah Smith might be fractionally better but I aint paying north of 900k for a lock!
Form hooker of the competition who's scored tries every game for weeks now. He's definitely not just another lock

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Cant relace 15 players in one go. Will be like last year will let maybe 5 or 7 go and have to resign the rest probs on 2 year deals to make it fair on the players.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best option that was off contract. I hope we are still chasing Smith or someone else because JMK is not the answer.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Form hooker of the competition who's scored tries every game for weeks now. He's definitely not just another lock
He's a good runner yes, his passing is pretty average. Melbourne do better with Grant at 9, and Smith roaming in the back row.